Collapse

Visit Zenmtech at rc.zenmtech.com

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mtyw8888
    eh...pai se..pai se..it 2 x 3s... typo error...I was told that the estation and the imax r the same just that diff brands....

But wonder if there is a funtion that i can off the buzzer for after it has been charge...
    can.. shld be under user settings
    For sale

trex 700/ 12mm main shaft swash leveller. carbon type $22 only new

Comment

Correct, I turned it off too..super noisy..but good alarm system.

Anyone know where to buy the temperature probe from?

This charger is good. However, it needs a proper power supply with at least 5A output as stated in the manual. It can run at currents below 5A but of course that limits your charging ability.

For e.g. if you use 1A max output adaptor, max probably only 1A. I charged my NiMH at 5A using a 2.5A output adaptor and the adaptor went 'kapoot'. lol..that figures...oh well. now charing at 1A only...time to use my 10A power supply..lol..

Excellent charger though..might buy more as spares.. Good stuff!

Originally posted by johndyl
      can.. shld be under user settings
      Singapore RC Forum:

Comment

Originally posted by blueshark
        Anyone know where to buy the temperature probe from?
        Quantifly sells IMAX B6 in eBay with free temperature probe, may be you can ask them to sell you the temperature probe.

Don't buy the e-station one, they are not compatible.

Comment

For those who is using the Imaxb6. Check with u guys.. Will the voltage of the battery each sells reaches 4.19-4.2?

As im using the imaxb5 it max will reach 4.17 -4.16 cant reach even 4.19 - 4.18.

Comment

Originally posted by mtyw8888
            For those who is using the Imaxb6. Check with u guys.. Will the voltage of the battery each sells reaches 4.19-4.2?

As im using the imaxb5 it max will reach 4.17 -4.16 cant reach even 4.19 - 4.18.
            Yes, they do. This blog has a review of the IMAX B6.

Comment

I have tested the Imax B6 and found big differences in cell voltages after balancing (more than 0.05V!).

I took the charger apart and figured out how the design was made.

The problem is that they are using 1% resistors in their voltage measurement circuits. This is certainly not good enough. I exchanged them for 0.1% resistors and did a bit of extra tuning on two resistor values. The balancer works perfect now (within 0.01V). Also end voltage during charging is accurate now (wasn't before).

I have ordered components (0.1% SMD resistors are hard to get).
              I will offer component sets with all resistors you need (24 SMD's 0.1% and 2 SMD's 1%) and an instruction for US $10,- excl. shipping.

Anyone that's interested, let me know.

Also look at discussion http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showt...4&highlight=b6 , my changes are described there with component values and picture.

Comment

hi, just got a new B6 and got the following query:

is it normal that the charge current to fluctuate during charging? it'll drop to 0 then back up to the specified charge current...

Comment

hi, just got a new B6 and got the following query:

is it normal that the charge current to fluctuate during charging? it'll drop to 0 then back up to the specified charge current...

p.s. is it possible to dim down the display? how?

Comment

Originally posted by TypeR
                    IMAX B6 use the common cc/cv method, small fluctuation in the range of 0.1V is normal but the voltage will not drop to 0 and then back to the specified charge current. Most likely there is a problem with your charger, suggest you go back to your vendor for help.
                    is it possible to dim down the display? how?
                    You cannot dim down the display.

Comment

Originally posted by richardk2046
                      IMAX B6 use the common cc/cv method, small fluctuation in the range of 0.1V is normal but the voltage will not drop to 0 and then back to the specified charge current. Most likely there is a problem with your charger, suggest you go back to your vendor for help.

You cannot dim down the display.
                      think there's a misunderstanding...
                      the voltage didn't drop to 0 but the charging current...

Comment

That what I mean too. The charge current will never drop to zero. The charger actually start off with a high current and then reduce the current at final stage until it reach 4.2V per cell. At any time, the charger continue to provide current until it stop. The charge current will not fluctuate from zero and then up to the charge current again.

Comment

That what I mean too. The charge current will never drop to zero. The charger actually start off with a high current and then reduce the current at final stage until it reach 4.2V per cell. At any time, the charger continue to provide current until it stop. The charge current will not fluctuate from zero and then up to the charge current again.
                          well, i didn't try any lipos but i did tried nimh...

so it's normal for the charging current to drop below yr specified charging current when nearing full capacity/peak?

although the current dropped to 0 but the voltage doesn't...
                          could it be due to battery peaking thus current reduced to 0 but on further checking by the charger, the battery haven't peak so provide current again?

Comment

so it's normal for the charging current to drop below yr specified charging current when nearing full capacity/peak?
                            That is normal, the charger will progressively reduce the current at the final stage to avoid overcharge the battery.

although the current dropped to 0 but the voltage doesn't...
                            could it be due to battery peaking thus current reduced to 0 but on further checking by the charger, the battery haven't peak so provide current again?
                            As mentioned earlier, the charger provide high current at the beginning and at the final stage, reduce the current to check if the battery is really fully and repeat the process with even lower current, recheck, reduce current and so on until it is fully charged, but will not reduce to zero. It will not drop to zero and then back up again as mention in your previous post.

Comment

As mentioned earlier, the charger provide high current at the beginning and at the final stage, reduce the current to check if the battery is really fully and repeat the process with even lower current, recheck, reduce current and so on until it is fully charged, but will not reduce to zero. It will not drop to zero and then back up again as mention in your previous post.
                              found out from the net that different chargers will have different characteristics, quote from someone:

(Prolux Ni-PO charge 144), which can fluctuate to 0A and back to 5A at certain periods(i set it at 5A for charging rate).

so...bro richardk2046, just to confirm that u r using B6? any B6 users would like to verify pls...thankyou.

Comment

I have bought the resistors now and can send a kit to who wants it.
                                If you pay US $ 15,- to my Paypal account I will ship it to
                                you.
                                Please also give me your full name and address details.

Anyone interested (and not yet contacted by me) please drop a PM.

Ben.

Comment

Working...
                                X