Visit Zenmtech at rc.zenmtech.com

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Replacement HXT Batteries from U****d Hobbies

Hey guys,

Just want to share with you all about the HXT Batteries from U****d Hobbies. The 1st batch of batteries that had the bloating problem was replaced without hassle from them with very prompt service. But unfortunately, even the replaced packs also started having the same "bloat" problem just after 4 cycles (just finished running them in). Now the reply from them is this:-

Sent: Tuesday, October 02, 2007 2:50 PM
    To: **********
    Subject: [#OYX-755] Ticket ID: OYX-755 - pictures?

Hello

Thank you for the email Moreover please send the photo's of the faulty batteries of the text side altogether and individual as well.
    However we only replace 7F 25 not 27 ones.
    If you believe your item to be faulty or incorrect, you can send it back to us for inspection and replacement.
    Please click below to send the item back to us.

We must receive the faulty back before replacement.

PLEASE DONT SEND BY EMS, POSTAGE WILL NOT BE REFUND.

Please send by the cheapest way that having the tracking number.

PLEASE DONT SEND BY EMS, POSTAGE WILL NOT REFUNDED

Best regards,
    Samee
    customersupport.com
    Unitedhobbies.com

So i guess their "send picture" policy is only for the 7F 25 batch. Do not feel like sending them back (too much hassle). So guess will be other brands from now on.

Anyone else has the same issue?

Cheers!

PS. All 4 replaced packs all starting to bloat like the 1st batch that i got.
    Current Planes : Beaver , IFO (Jan 07) - Given Away, E-Starter (Feb 07) - Hanger, Scratch Built CF Ripstock Bipe (Apr 07) - Hanger, Katana MD (Jul 07) - In Service

Current Heli's : Mini Titan

Graveyard : Supersonic F3A x 2, Extreme Flight Extra 300

Building :

Next Project : TBA

Transmitter : Hitec Laser 4 / 29.***
    Transmitter : Hitec Optic 6 / 72.***
    Transmitter : JR 3810 / 72.***

Originally posted by Ethanboy
    Hey guys,

Just want to share with you all about the HXT Batteries from U****d Hobbies. The 1st batch of batteries that had the bloating problem was replaced without hassle from them with very prompt service. But unfortunately, even the replaced packs also started having the same "bloat" problem just after 4 cycles (just finished running them in). Now the reply from them is this:-

Sent: Tuesday, October 02, 2007 2:50 PM
    To: **********
    Subject: [#OYX-755] Ticket ID: OYX-755 - pictures?

Hello

Thank you for the email Moreover please send the photo's of the faulty batteries of the text side altogether and individual as well.
    However we only replace 7F 25 not 27 ones.
    If you believe your item to be faulty or incorrect, you can send it back to us for inspection and replacement.
    Please click below to send the item back to us.

We must receive the faulty back before replacement.

PLEASE DONT SEND BY EMS, POSTAGE WILL NOT BE REFUND.

Please send by the cheapest way that having the tracking number.

PLEASE DONT SEND BY EMS, POSTAGE WILL NOT REFUNDED

Best regards,
    Samee
    customersupport.com
    Unitedhobbies.com

So i guess their "send picture" policy is only for the 7F 25 batch. Do not feel like sending them back (too much hassle). So guess will be other brands from now on.

Anyone else has the same issue?

Cheers!

PS. All 4 replaced packs all starting to bloat like the 1st batch that i got.
    u can actually hang on to them till they allow photo exchange like i did..

anyway u have 12 mths warranty..

for the bloating, u can actually continue using them till they start to loose power(even after that maybe another 20 cycles).. then shelf them, wait for them to allow RMA by photo
    For sale

trex 700/ 12mm main shaft swash leveller. carbon type $22 only new

Comment

Originally posted by johndyl
      u can actually hang on to them till they allow photo exchange like i did..

anyway u have 12 mths warranty..

for the bloating, u can actually continue using them till they start to loose power(even after that maybe another 20 cycles).. then shelf them, wait for them to allow RMA by photo

Ok cool. Thats an idea.
      Current Planes : Beaver , IFO (Jan 07) - Given Away, E-Starter (Feb 07) - Hanger, Scratch Built CF Ripstock Bipe (Apr 07) - Hanger, Katana MD (Jul 07) - In Service

Building :

Comment

I bought 2pcs each of 3s and 2s in July. All of them bloated after about 2-3 cycles. I wrote to them last week and just received message from them about the replacements.
        They are stocked-out now, however, they will be replacing when the stock comes in.

MS

Comment

Me too,

I wrote to them abt my bloated lipos too n they will be replacing them once they have it in stock. No need to send the batts back at all. Juz email them pics of it.

Two 3S1P 2200mah lipo and two 4S1P 4100mah lipo.

Comment

Same here. Sent photos of my 3S 4100mAh and 4S 2200mAh batteries and they are replacing them when the stock comes in. Now I'm asking them for store credits instead.

Comment

Guys! The 2200mAH 3S are back in stock. I have written to UH for them to ship the replacements.

Who will pick up the tab for the shipment of replacement batteries? UH or the customers? My account shows shipment of $34 for shipment under 2kg??

MS

Comment

Originally posted by msc
                Guys! The 2200mAH 3S are back in stock. I have written to UH for them to ship the replacements.

Who will pick up the tab for the shipment of replacement batteries? UH or the customers? My account shows shipment of $34 for shipment under 2kg??

MS
                UH.

Mine also in stock. If these new packs still bloat, I gona change to Polyquest cells.

Comment

They wouldn't change my batteries to store credits. If the new batteries still bloat, I don't think they'll allow you to change the brand too. It could be sort of 1:1 exchange or replacement.

Comment

Originally posted by $h@d0w
                    They wouldn't change my batteries to store credits. If the new batteries still bloat, I don't think they'll allow you to change the brand too. It could be sort of 1:1 exchange or replacement.
                    Did you call them???

I did. I would have to send the defective battery back for store credits which will enable me to buy other stuffs. I gave them the last straw on the new battery pack they going to send me. If they still bloat, the whole lot is going back to them n I'll exchange for the PolyQuest ones. Thatz what I told them.

Speak to them in a firm tone usually does a trick or two.

Comment

I only emailed them. Let's see how long the replacement batteries last.

Comment

Originally posted by $h@d0w
                        Same here. Sent photos of my 3S 4100mAh and 4S 2200mAh batteries and they are replacing them when the stock comes in. Now I'm asking them for store credits instead.
                        the last time i asked.. they refused me
                        For sale

trex 700/ 12mm main shaft swash leveller. carbon type $22 only new

Comment

Jus received my replacement packs today.

The 4S1P 4100mah are the same as the previous pack. Lets see how long will tis last. My bloated pack only last me 5min flight time n only able to pump in 1400mah+ during charging.

The 3S1P 2200mah are the new generation ones, in purple shrink wrap.

And they gave me a tx neck strap.

Comment

Originally posted by Adrianli
                            Jus received my replacement packs today.

The 4S1P 4100mah are the same as the previous pack. Lets see how long will tis last. My bloated pack only last me 5min flight time n only able to pump in 1400mah+ during charging.

The 3S1P 2200mah are the new generation ones, in purple shrink wrap.

And they gave me a tx neck strap.
                            Hey Adrian,

Which batch did they replace, the 25 or 27 ones for the 3S1P 2200mAh? Did you send them back? Or just email them the pix?

Thanks.

Building :

Comment

Originally posted by Ethanboy
                              Hey Adrian,

Which batch did they replace, the 25 or 27 ones for the 3S1P 2200mAh? Did you send them back? Or just email them the pix?

Thanks.

The packs are in bubble wrap, unable to see it. They do not belong to me now so wouldnt wana open the NIB packs. I'll let the owner do it.

2nd n 3rd question ------> refer to post #5

I only play wif 4S high capacity lipos nowadays.

Comment

Working...
                              X