Collapse

Visit Zenmtech at rc.zenmtech.com

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Airsoft or IR

Hi all..I'm a newbie here and looking forward to buy a 1/24 Vstank but I was wondering whether to get an airsoft or a IR version.I'm looking forward to do battles with other rc enthusiast too so there are several considerations involved here like the number of players in either version.etc

I hope the veterans here can advise me on that.With tat I would like to thank you all in advance first haha

Panzerlied

1/24 VsTank Airsoft or IR ???

Hi Panzerlied,
    IR Vstank can Tank battle with other IR Vstanks up to a max of 6 tanks on the battlefield.

Airsoft Vstank can only shoot targets ie Coca cola cans, cardboard targets or paper bull's eye.

Here are some Airsoft Tank missions.
    "most targets shot in one minute" (coca cola cans at same location at 6 meters)
    "long range target shooting" (12 meters at a 20cm x 20cm targets)
    "terrain target shooting" (obstacle course + 10cm x 10cm targets + cans at 2 meters)
    "terror of the battlefield" (2 or 6 tanks shooting targets at different locations, the winner is the tank that shoots down the most targets)

the only setback is lots of BB bullets will be lost
    VsTank Pro M1A2 Abrams NATO Camo
    VsTank Pro Leopard II A5 Winter Camo
    VsTank Pro Tiger I Green Camo

VsTank*X 1/72 Japan Type 97 Chi-Ha
    VsTank*X 1/72 German Tiger I
    VsTank*X 1/72 Sherman M4
    VsTank*X 1/72 Russian T34

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by DSV
      Hi Panzerlied,
      IR Vstank can Tank battle with other IR Vstanks up to a max of 6 tanks on the battlefield.

Airsoft Vstank can only shoot targets ie Coca cola cans, cardboard targets or paper bull's eye.

Here are some Airsoft Tank missions.
      "most targets shot in one minute" (coca cola cans at same location at 6 meters)
      "long range target shooting" (12 meters at a 20cm x 20cm targets)
      "terrain target shooting" (obstacle course + 10cm x 10cm targets + cans at 2 meters)
      "terror of the battlefield" (2 or 6 tanks shooting targets at different locations, the winner is the tank that shoots down the most targets)

the only setback is lots of BB bullets will be lost
      Oicic..so I guess if we wan to do a wargame with other tankers then the onli option left will be IR but wat about using paintballs..I heard some fellows experimenting with tat in another thread.

Comment

get the airsoft one then ship in 5mm paint balls and go crazy
        Helis
        Logo 500 3D

Once upon a time , there were frequency pins , flybars and nitros...

Comment

Originally posted by Heli_fanatic
          get the airsoft one then ship in 5mm paint balls and go crazy
          I was thinking tat using airsoft in combat might be more realistic(although more difficult)since in real life..a lot of elements determine a successful engagement..Like wind direction..wind speed..drag..range..and angle of attack.etc etc..These elements will not be a major factor in IR engagements.Of cos..to make the event more fun.We definably need a reasonable numbers of players in this arena and the way we play it.

Comment

Helis
            Logo 500 3D

Once upon a time , there were frequency pins , flybars and nitros...

Comment

Originally posted by Panzerlied
              I was thinking tat using airsoft in combat might be more realistic(although more difficult)since in real life..a lot of elements determine a successful engagement..Like wind direction..wind speed..drag..range..and angle of attack.etc etc..These elements will not be a major factor in IR engagements.Of cos..to make the event more fun.We definably need a reasonable numbers of players in this arena and the way we play it.
              Hmm...judging from the size of the 1/24 Vstanks, it may be quite hard to engage and actually hit one another, unless the shooting distance is quite near e.g. 6m.

But I don't mind trying...Maybe someone can organise a shooting match among the airsoft 1/24 tanks? But I think we'll need people to tag along the tanks to record hits.
              Operational
              1/24 Vs Tiger I, Vs T-72
              1/16 HL Panzer IV, HL Stug III, HL Pershing (Elmod), Tam Tiger I, Torro T-34/85 (Elmod)
              Blade CX2 (Huey)

Workshop/Reserve
              1/24 Vs M1A Abram, Vs A6 Leopard
              1/16 HL Tiger I Late Prod. (Elmod), HL Panzer III (Elmod), Matorro King Tiger

Comment

Originally posted by calvinlo
                Hmm...judging from the size of the 1/24 Vstanks, it may be quite hard to engage and actually hit one another, unless the shooting distance is quite near e.g. 6m.

But I don't mind trying...Maybe someone can organise a shooting match among the airsoft 1/24 tanks? But I think we'll need people to tag along the tanks to record hits.
                Tats wat I think so too..We may need someone to be empire.

Comment

All this game planning aside, arent you guys forgetting something? Where's the venue going to be?

More importantly are u willing to clean up the mess from all the paintballs

Comment

Originally posted by icefoxy01
                    All this game planning aside, arent you guys forgetting something? Where's the venue going to be?

More importantly are u willing to clean up the mess from all the paintballs
                    I think need to go back to the old ns style.Everyone needs to pick up the cartridge after the range.

Comment

Wahaha! Imagine screaming out in the midst of a tank battle "IA!! IA!!" for a stuck paint pellet

Seriously though folks, anyone have suggestions for terrain for tank battles? Preferably not G-scale terrain, those things cost a ton!

Comment

Originally posted by icefoxy01
                        Wahaha! Imagine screaming out in the midst of a tank battle "IA!! IA!!" for a stuck paint pellet

Seriously though folks, anyone have suggestions for terrain for tank battles? Preferably not G-scale terrain, those things cost a ton!
                        Yeah tats right..maybe some of the veterans here might have some ideas in regard to this problem.

Comment

Originally posted by Panzerlied
                          Yeah tats right..maybe some of the veterans here might have some ideas in regard to this problem.
                          Just a suggestion.

Quite some time back, someone mentioned to me that you don't really need paintball to fight, just ordinary plastic pellets will do. When the tank is hit, the impact sound can be heard quite clearly compared to a miss. All you need is one person to tag along each tank to record the hits.

If this idea is ok, then we don't need to worry about paintball jamming our guns anymore...
                          Operational
                          1/24 Vs Tiger I, Vs T-72
                          1/16 HL Panzer IV, HL Stug III, HL Pershing (Elmod), Tam Tiger I, Torro T-34/85 (Elmod)
                          Blade CX2 (Huey)

Workshop/Reserve
                          1/24 Vs M1A Abram, Vs A6 Leopard
                          1/16 HL Tiger I Late Prod. (Elmod), HL Panzer III (Elmod), Matorro King Tiger

Comment

Originally posted by calvinlo
                            Just a suggestion.

Quite some time back, someone mentioned to me that you don't really need paintball to fight, just ordinary plastic pellets will do. When the tank is hit, the impact sound can be heard quite clearly compared to a miss. All you need is one person to tag along each tank to record the hits.

If this idea is ok, then we don't need to worry about paintball jamming our guns anymore...
                            Yeah my brother and I used to do that using erasers to our tamiya tanks(static) and tanks built with styrofoams. Just watch the tank fly and land upside down with a "dang!"(sometimes with turret flying)..

Comment

Well..I'm still try to reach a decision..will most probably settle with an airsoft tank due to several consideration.

Comment

Working...
                              X