Collapse

Visit Zenmtech at rc.zenmtech.com

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

IMAX B5 Question

I just bought a IMAX but no adapter. I mod the esky adapter to fit my IMAX.

The adapter specs states OUTPUT is 12V and 1.5A. But when i try to charge my batt with 0.8A. It gives me a input voltage error. I already set the saftey to 10V.

So after trying a few times , the only charge current that will not give the warning is @ 0.1A. It seems like the adapter voltage cant maintain if i charge at 0.2A and above.

But i thought the specs put 1.5A. Seems like gave a cheapo adapter.

If every batt i charge at 0.1A will harm batt mah? Takes long time i know
    Walkera #4
    King2

Bro, mod from a PC power supply or get a power adapter at SLT. Not expensive. Ah! johndyl is selling one.

Charging at 0.1A will not damage the lipo but it will take ages to charge

Comment

I had tried using the same method as you.I have no problem even charging at 1.2amp with 3 cell.

Comment

I tried soldering to my current computer 5 pin connector but also voltage drop. Need a dummy load ar?

Hazy - U also mod ur esky charger to fit the imaxb5? hm.. wonder is it my charger issue.?
        Walkera #4
        King2

Comment

u are using the esky charger as a ac/dc converter ah? it could be that the charger is stepping up the voltage starting from .1A... and ur imax is asking for too much too fast...

try this...
          start the imax at .1A.. then after abt 5 mins press start on the imax again(yes it can change charge rate on the fly) change to 1A and see... if ok slowly in till 1.5a lor
          For sale

trex 700/ 12mm main shaft swash leveller. carbon type $22 only new

Comment

i faced the same problem as u do...input voltage error while im trying to charge for around 1A even if im using a 12V 5amp separate adaptor..but i find no problem after i switch to toshiba laptor adaptor..i think the main problem is that most of the adaptor specification is accurate enough from their spec..
            Get a toshiba laptor adaptor n u will solve this problem
            T-Rex 450SE
            Sanwa RD8000 TX
            E-Sky Lama V3

Comment

yah. John i using the esky one as ac/dc adapter. Will your that method later thx for the tips. I didnt know imax can change current on the fly

andy - yah i realise the adapter that jethobby sell with their imax is a toshiba adapter. You got lobang for them? Hopefully got ppl laptop spoil can buy cheap from them lol
              Walkera #4
              King2

Comment

IMAX B5 question2

I have a Imax without the manual.

Q1...Regarding the DC input jack, may I know what is the polarity of the tip(centre pin of the DC input voltage jack? Is it positive polarity?

Q2... where can I download the instruction manual if there is one?

Thank you all in advance.

Comment

Originally posted by Babylon5
                  I have a Imax without the manual.

Q1...Regarding the DC input jack, may I know what is the polarity of the tip(centre pin of the DC input voltage jack? Is it positive polarity?

Q2... where can I download the instruction manual if there is one?

Thank you all in advance.

Center is positve. Outer ring is negative
                  Walkera #4
                  King2

Comment

John-Tried your method by steping up the current during charge but it still gives me error when i up to 0.2A.

Tried to charge with car batt no issue, can charge at 0.8A.

Think its really the adapter
                    Walkera #4
                    King2

Comment

Originally posted by akababy
                      John-Tried your method by steping up the current during charge but it still gives me error when i up to 0.2A.

Tried to charge with car batt no issue, can charge at 0.8A.

Think its really the adapter
                      want to get my adaptor? mine confirm works with imax.. i used it b4 on mine ;)
                      For sale

Comment

Center is positve. Outer ring is negative
                        Thanks for the response.
                        1.)On the charger, at the output the +ve goes to the Lipo +ve wire and the -ve goes to the Lipo -ve wire.

2.) balance connector for 3 cells is than connected connectors marked 3 cells

Is that correct?

Thanks again in advnce

Comment

Originally posted by johndyl
                          want to get my adaptor? mine confirm works with imax.. i used it b4 on mine ;)
                          LOL how much ya wanna sell? I actually wanna try and find a PSU and convert or kind souls that wanan give away their lap top charger haha
                          Walkera #4
                          King2

Comment

Originally posted by Babylon5
                            Thanks for the response.
                            1.)On the charger, at the output the +ve goes to the Lipo +ve wire and the -ve goes to the Lipo -ve wire.

2.) balance connector for 3 cells is than connected connectors marked 3 cells

Is that correct?

Thanks again in advnce
                            Um.. From your question you are actually saying charging thru the output and thru the balance socket at the same time?

You only need to plug the balancing tab to the balancer can le. Then just select lip balance charge. Positive to be on the left of the socket
                            Walkera #4
                            King2

Comment

LOL how much ya wanna sell? I actually wanna try and find a PSU and convert or kind souls that wanan give away their lap top charger haha
                              if interested pm me lor :P not bery ex la btw if u want to mod a PSU, get one with at least 350W and steady voltage..
                              For sale

Comment

Working...
                              X