Collapse

Visit Zenmtech at rc.zenmtech.com

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by simonwoo
    Thanks for the quick response bro. Seems like it's pretty consistent reading with the lipo indicator :

B5 -> 4.07 4.13 4.07
    Cheapo balance charger -> 4.13 4.18 4.13

Looks like I'll have to charge through the cheapo charger after charging through the B5 everytime? Will try to get my hands on a multimeter to see the actual voltage, but looks like the cheapo charger is able to give a fuller charge huh?
    usually i charge at 0.8A after alarm sound, i set to 0.1A charge again still not perfect balance but better. also very mah fan!

Comment

Wow really ah, so how much does it help to charge again at 0.1A?

Problem is my B5 already shows 4.19 for all and status is full, so it doesn't charge up anymore (I always charge at 1C). But put the batt through the lipo indicator, it's obviously still quite a bit more to go...

Comment

Wow really ah, so how much does it help to charge again at 0.1A?

Problem is my B5 already shows 4.19 for all and status is full, so it doesn't charge up anymore (I always charge at 1C). But put the batt through the lipo indicator, it's obviously still quite a bit more to go...
        don't help much actually, ard 0.01-0.02 measure using multi meter.

Comment

Bro, did you compare the readings on the B5 and the multimeter? My lipo indicator is showing vast differences - eg. B5 says 4.19 but lipo indicator only shows 4.07. I've checked with some other bros using other chargers and at least the lipo indicator shows 4.1x for their batts.

Does this mean that my B5 is always under-charging the batts by as much as 0.1v?

Originally posted by BigKid
          don't help much actually, ard 0.01-0.02 measure using multi meter.

Comment

Bro, did you compare the readings on the B5 and the multimeter? My lipo indicator is showing vast differences - eg. B5 says 4.19 but lipo indicator only shows 4.07. I've checked with some other bros using other chargers and at least the lipo indicator shows 4.1x for their batts.

Does this mean that my B5 is always under-charging the batts by as much as 0.1v?
            get a multimeter

btw are u charging through leads? if u are some connectors maybe loose

for mine.. direct to balancer port, i consistently get 4.15/4.17/4.16
            For sale

trex 700/ 12mm main shaft swash leveller. carbon type $22 only new

Comment

agreed get a multi meter, the 3 cell/4 cell lipo indicator is not accurate at all but still can use at flying field to check and make sure the batts dun discharge below 3.7v. maybe ard 3.8+ can stop discharge the cell. also i belive the problem lies wif the B5 (same as my B6)! tot of getting a balancer UH is selling cost usd11 plus only but not sure can use wif imax b5/b6. overall still find the charge not bad for the price and function juz the cell balancing.

Comment

Working...
              X