Zenm Tech Pte Ltd

Collapse

Visit Zenmtech at rc.zenmtech.com

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Any benifits for the new and old version..?

Comment

Think it's a newer flashrom version, that's all keke.. Have started to use it with my IBM notebook adapter, no prob

HDB bro, I will contact you when I'm going down Punggol again, to collect the manual from you. No rush as I've already digested everything through the online manual :P Thanks!

Comment

Why when i charge the battery. The charger display shows each cells at 4.2 but when i check with muiltimeter it shows onli 4.16 - 4.17 each cells...

Comment

Heard you can use an IBM T40 charger..
          I suppose higher A would be good.
          I used an adaptor with max 1A output and sure enought, can only charge at 1A.

once i set at 2A charge, the input error occurs. Good charger so far IMHO.

Originally posted by mtyw8888
          Why when i charge the battery. The charger display shows each cells at 4.2 but when i check with muiltimeter it shows onli 4.16 - 4.17 each cells...
          Singapore RC Forum:

Comment

bro, the balance charge is inaccurate that 's why some guys did a mod to the charger by changing the resistors.http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=777717
            for my 2 new 3S1P 1300mah batt results are:
            1st and 2nd cycle balance charge at 0.8A :4.17, 4.19, 4.13
            3rd and 4th cycly balance charge at 0.8A upon complete balance charge again at 0.1A : 4.19, 4.20, 4.15.
            BTW for charging 2 x 3S1P do i need the 6S balance tab harness?

Comment

Originally posted by BigKid
              bro, the balance charge is inaccurate that 's why some guys did a mod to the charger by changing the resistors.http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=777717
              3rd and 4th cycly balance charge at 0.8A upon complete balance charge again at 0.1A : 4.19, 4.20, 4.15.
              Do anyone know how to perform the mod?I don"t mind paying a small fee for it.

Comment

Originally posted by Hazy
                Do anyone know how to perform the mod?I don"t mind paying a small fee for it.

maybe you can write to him and request them to do the mod since they produce the charger, but still have to pay for the shipping.

Comment

hey bro.. Heard from some members here that they are having the same problems.. Yr balance for each cells u just indicate was so far apart..mine was like 0.01 diffs after measuring with the muiltmeter.. I beileve yr cells are not right..The sad thing abt this charger is it cant pull the voltage to 4.19-4.20. But some say they can reach after using the power supply mode frm the pc.

For charging 2x 3s batt at same time u dn need to mod.. Just wait for jethobby to bring in the connector..which he told me will be comming in soon..

So how...any planes yet....?

Comment

planes not yet leh!
                    for the connector do you mean the deans parallel connector? or the balancer tabs ? imax b6 new version balance charge using the balancer tabs.

hey bro.. Heard from some members here that they are having the same problems.. Yr balance for each cells u just indicate was so far apart..mine was like 0.01 diffs after measuring with the muiltmeter.. I beileve yr cells are not right..The sad thing abt this charger is it cant pull the voltage to 4.19-4.20. But some say they can reach after using the power supply mode frm the pc.

For charging 2x 3s batt at same time u dn need to mod.. Just wait for jethobby to bring in the connector..which he told me will be comming in soon..

So how...any planes yet....?

Comment

planes not yet leh!
                      for the connector do you mean the deans parallel connector? or the balancer tabs ? imax b6 new version balance charge using the balancer tabs.
                      The IMAX B6 use both, you have to connect to the Dean plug and the balance lead for balance charging.

Comment

i have the parallel dean connector but not the balance lead for charging 2 x 3S

Originally posted by richardk2046
                        The IMAX B6 use both, you have to connect to the Dean plug and the balance lead for balance charging.

Comment

i have the parallel dean connector but not the balance lead for charging 2 x 3S
                          I know quantifly have it as an option to go with their IMAX B6 charger, may be you can write to them and ask for the balance lead connector.

Comment

Hi bros, anyone of you managed to resolve the charging/balancing issue? I bought a lipo indicator and realised that my 3S chargers on the B5 seem to end up at 4.07,4.13,4.07. Same reading for 2 batts so far, still checking out the rest of my batts.

Otherwise end up after charging with the B5, still need to put it through the cheapo balance charger to fully charge the batts???

Comment

Originally posted by simonwoo
                              Hi bros, anyone of you managed to resolve the charging/balancing issue? I bought a lipo indicator and realised that my 3S chargers on the B5 seem to end up at 4.07,4.13,4.07. Same reading for 2 batts so far, still checking out the rest of my batts.

Otherwise end up after charging with the B5, still need to put it through the cheapo balance charger to fully charge the batts???
                              bro, i think same as b6 cannot balance the lipo, but do note the lipo indicator may not be accurate too use multi meter better

Comment

Thanks for the quick response bro. Seems like it's pretty consistent reading with the lipo indicator :

B5 -> 4.07 4.13 4.07
                                Cheapo balance charger -> 4.13 4.18 4.13

Looks like I'll have to charge through the cheapo charger after charging through the B5 everytime? Will try to get my hands on a multimeter to see the actual voltage, but looks like the cheapo charger is able to give a fuller charge huh?

Comment

Working...
                                X