Zenm Tech Pte Ltd

Collapse

Visit Zenmtech at rc.zenmtech.com

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The voltage for each cell will balanced and maintained at the safe voltage while the charger will still continue putting in the amp back into the lipo. This will take some time.

As for the alarm, try going into the user program and see if your buzzer is on.

For the LCD backlite, u can adjust it to 0% if you are not comfortable on the current settings.

There are some from overseas also plugging in both to charge and are happy even though they knew some others can charge using only one.

Originally posted by tootyful
    I'm certain that it's charging using the lipo balance option. Plus I can see the individual cell voltages. I know there's the normal lipo charge, but I'm not using that.

So the only thing I'm uncomfortable about now is that you guys can charge using only the bal taps, while I have to plug in both the lipo output and the bal tap. My friend in the US also has the same version as mine and he has to plug in both too.

Also, does the backlight always stay on during the duration of the charge? Won't it wear out pretty quickly this way?

Comment

Do you have the 2s adapter that comes together with the DN lipos? I charged mine using this. I have also tried using a 3s adapter on a 2s lipo using the 3s balancer tab, it is intelligent enuf to detect the 2s lipo.

Originally posted by buckman
      Only one problem I have so far is with the only 2S DN batts I have. When I plug in the balance tab I get a 'reverse polarity' warning buzz. I've got two (batts) of them and both give the same error warning on the charger. Not sure if anyone has faced this problem, or could it be just these two batts that have been soldered wrongly at the factory?

Comment

dn batts are wired differently.. charge with only the rev adaptor
        For sale

trex 700/ 12mm main shaft swash leveller. carbon type $22 only new

Comment

Thanks for the tips guys! Will check out Jet Hobby to see if they can help with the rev polarity issue.

Comment

Originally posted by johndyl
            press and hold the start button... then u'll see checking... blah... then it will show u what it detects.. u then have to press start again 1 more time to start
            Thanks John, will try again.

Comment

IMAX B5 report

Hi Fellas,

The new IMAXB5 now comes with this new feature of connecting the lipo back to the charger when doing "Lipo Balance Charge". Please REMEMBER to ensure you do not reverse the polarity when connecting to the charger form the Lipo. (otherwise warranty will be void) All necessary cables are provided in the box packing.

Those with the former version does not require the Lipo +ve/-ve to be connected back to the charger.

12 months warranty from manufacturer defects for all IMAX B5 bought at JET HOBBY and SKY HOBBIES SINGAPORE.

Regards,

SKY HOBBIES SINGAPORE
              200, Jalan Sultan, #02-36A, Textile Centre, Singapore 199018. (along Jalan Sultan)
              2 Blocks away from KEYPOINT, Nearest MRT - Lavender MRT, ICA building side
              Tel : +65 6293 3968
              Official You Tube Channel
              FACEBOOK :

Comment

How to differentiate the new and the old? By just plugging in the balancer tab and if no connection break means old version?

Originally posted by SKYHOBBIES
                Hi Fellas,

The new IMAXB5 now comes with this new feature of connecting the lipo back to the charger when doing "Lipo Balance Charge". Please REMEMBER to ensure you do not reverse the polarity when connecting to the charger form the Lipo. (otherwise warranty will be void) All necessary cables are provided in the box packing.

Those with the former version does not require the Lipo +ve/-ve to be connected back to the charger.

12 months warranty from manufacturer defects for all IMAX B5 bought at JET HOBBY and SKY HOBBIES SINGAPORE.

Regards,

Comment

Originally posted by balance_mind
                  How to differentiate the new and the old? By just plugging in the balancer tab and if no connection break means old version?
                  yes...the new version has a separate addendum for the new feature too...

SKY HOBBIES SINGAPORE
                  200, Jalan Sultan, #02-36A, Textile Centre, Singapore 199018. (along Jalan Sultan)
                  2 Blocks away from KEYPOINT, Nearest MRT - Lavender MRT, ICA building side
                  Tel : +65 6293 3968
                  Official You Tube Channel
                  FACEBOOK :

Comment

Originally posted by SKYHOBBIES
                    yes...the new version has a separate addendum for the new feature too...
                    what is the benefit of looping it back?....faster charging time?
                    realised that the older model does take time to stop (i.e beep) although the voltage display 12.6V.

Comment

Originally posted by loderunner
                      what is the benefit of looping it back?....faster charging time?
                      realised that the older model does take time to stop (i.e beep) although the voltage display 12.6V.
                      think charging time should be the same.. the 12.6 and almost 0A charging is the final balancing phase.. which can take quite long for some unhealthy batts
                      For sale

trex 700/ 12mm main shaft swash leveller. carbon type $22 only new

Comment

Looks like this is the best thread for me to ask this question... Can I use my IBM notebook adapter for my newly acquired IMAX B5? Thanks!

Comment

IMAX DC Adaptor Internal polarity is +ve / external polarity -ve
                          Do make sure your DC supply is providing the same polarity.
                          Cheers

Comment

Oops how will I be able to find that out? Thanks!

Comment

simonwoo, your Optic6 manual still with me. Care to join us tomorrow morning @ PFW? Can pass you the manual, and join us fly?
                              If not do sms me your letterbox I try drop by put in.
                              Anyway I also got a laptop power adapter, don't know can work or not, its rate 15V 5A.... taking of using it but don't know if Amp and Voltage will be too high...

Comment

Ah ok found it, looks like the polarity fits!

The specs seems to state 11-18V and 0.1-5A, so HDB your adapter seems to be within range as well? My adaptor is 16V;4.5A so looks like it's ok too?

Any expert can help verify before I dare to connect my adapter and start charging my first batt? :P

Comment

Working...
                                X