Zenm Tech Pte Ltd

Collapse

Visit Zenmtech at rc.zenmtech.com

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ya loh, tol u just get from johndyl. Or you can try 1st see if problem still persists?

Originally posted by akababy
    LOL how much ya wanna sell? I actually wanna try and find a PSU and convert or kind souls that wanan give away their lap top charger haha

Comment

kind soul must wait v long one :P
      For sale

trex 700/ 12mm main shaft swash leveller. carbon type $22 only new

Comment

Although the manual says we do not need to plug in both for balance charging (If I remembered correctly), I suspect it can be done. There is voltage output from the DC jack. But not sure if will damage the lipo with two source going in. If no, it may hasten the charging time?
        I also remembered some1 posted a diagram showing that they are both plugged in... Think RC group too...

Um.. From your question you are actually saying charging thru the output and thru the balance socket at the same time?

You only need to plug the balancing tab to the balancer can le. Then just select lip balance charge. Positive to be on the left of the socket

Comment

Originally posted by balance_mind
          Although the manual says we do not need to plug in both for balance charging (If I remembered correctly), I suspect it can be done. There is voltage output from the DC jack. But not sure if will damage the lipo with two source going in. If no, it may hasten the charging time?
          I also remembered some1 posted a diagram showing that they are both plugged in... Think RC group too...
          huh.. plug in 2 input.. think better dont try ah.. later power supply burn how.......!

just get a better one like mine.. can supply 12V 4A... 2C leh! :P
          For sale

Comment

Um.. From your question you are actually saying charging thru the output and thru the balance socket at the same time?

You only need to plug the balancing tab to the balancer can le. Then just select lip balance charge. Positive to be on the left of the socket
            OK thanks I got it.

Comment

Imax balance charger no manual problem

Hi after setting the charger to 3 cells , 1.4A, connect the balance socket to 3 cells socket , Connect the +ve of battery end to +ve output and -ve of battery to -ve output.

Input voltage connected to a 12.5V DC source.

Still no charging.

Anyone can help how to start the charging procedure.

Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by Babylon5
                Hi after setting the charger to 3 cells , 1.4A, connect the balance socket to 3 cells socket , Connect the +ve of battery end to +ve output and -ve of battery to -ve output.

Input voltage connected to a 12.5V DC source.

Still no charging.

Anyone can help how to start the charging procedure.

Thanks
                press and hold the start button... then u'll see checking... blah... then it will show u what it detects.. u then have to press start again 1 more time to start
                For sale

Comment

ok will let you know =D
                  Walkera #4
                  King2

Comment

btw. Can i use a 19V adapter instead for the imax? I max there put up to 18V only but is it possible? or will fry it?
                    Walkera #4
                    King2

Comment

Bro, dun risk it. It is oradi given a range from 11-18V. Best not to even hit max. If they overspec it, .
                      You rather risk the charger than getting the adapter which is cheaper from johndyl? U weigh & decide loh.

btw. Can i use a 19V adapter instead for the imax? I max there put up to 18V only but is it possible? or will fry it?

Comment

haha yah. thats wat i thought too.. Think i wait and see how first. Until i cannot stand long charging time then i look for one lol
                        Walkera #4
                        King2

Comment

Hi, does anyone know whether the charger will automatically cut off charging after 4.2v per cell? Will the alarm sound off at this point?

Also, my charger has to have both the lipo output and the balancer tap plugged in no matter what. If I only charge through bal. tap, "connection break" will appear and it will not charge. Mine appears to be a newer version I think.

Comment

Originally posted by tootyful
                            Hi, does anyone know whether the charger will automatically cut off charging after 4.2v per cell? Will the alarm sound off at this point?

Also, my charger has to have both the lipo output and the balancer tap plugged in no matter what. If I only charge through bal. tap, "connection break" will appear and it will not charge. Mine appears to be a newer version I think.
                            is it because u didnt switch to the balance charge option?

alarm should sound if full at 4.2V after charging it at that voltage for sometime
                            For sale

Comment

Originally posted by johndyl
                              is it because u didnt switch to the balance charge option?

alarm should sound if full at 4.2V after charging it at that voltage for sometime
                              I'm certain that it's charging using the lipo balance option. Plus I can see the individual cell voltages. I know there's the normal lipo charge, but I'm not using that.

So the only thing I'm uncomfortable about now is that you guys can charge using only the bal taps, while I have to plug in both the lipo output and the bal tap. My friend in the US also has the same version as mine and he has to plug in both too.

Also, does the backlight always stay on during the duration of the charge? Won't it wear out pretty quickly this way?

Comment

Yup same with mine. Both lipo and balance tabs have to be plugged in for a balance charge. Although the instruction manual says only balance tabs, there's a updated appendix that shows a colour photo of connecting either only the positive or both positive n negative leads from the batt to charger. And of course with the balance tabs connected too.

I've tried it with all my 3S batts and have got a max balance charge of 4.18v. The alarm goes off and cuts of the charge. And yes the lcd screen stays on throughout. But this can be adjusted in the settings to be put to the lowest brightness.

Only one problem I have so far is with the only 2S DN batts I have. When I plug in the balance tab I get a 'reverse polarity' warning buzz. I've got two (batts) of them and both give the same error warning on the charger. Not sure if anyone has faced this problem, or could it be just these two batts that have been soldered wrongly at the factory?

Comment

Working...
                                X