Visit Zenmtech at rc.zenmtech.com

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

T15 Max Time

Hi guys,

When I do slow charge (0.5C), I just noticed T15 always stop charging automatically after 66min.
    So I need to stop then start charge again to make the battery fully charge.
    Is it normal? or is it possible to change this max time setting?
    Thank you.

rkte

there should be some user setting i think
    For sale

trex 700/ 12mm main shaft swash leveller. carbon type $22 only new

Comment

can't find neither in the manual nor internet

Originally posted by johndyl
      there should be some user setting i think

Comment

What kind of batts are you charging when that cut off happen ?

What i notice is for Lipo/Lion if you set the T15 to charge at 0.5A, it will pump in 550mah to the batt and then stop charging. If you set to 1A it will pump in 1050mah and stop charging. Maybe there are some bugs in the charger ?
        [B]Kenny[/B]

Goblin 700 | Goblin 500 | Compass 6HV

Unthinkable, unimaginable, incredible, beyond conception and beyond the bounds of possibility!

Comment

If it is lipo, maybe the t15 is trying to prevent over charging of lipo, you set at 500mah, the charger will assume its a 500mah lipo? I charge my lipo by setting it at the capacity of the pack and so far after 2years plus only twice it didn't charge my pack fully. Most of the time my charger charge for a lot more than 66mins. I believe what you are setting for lipo is not the charge rate but the capacity of the pack?

For nicd/nimh, when I cycle my batteries, I leave the charge rate at 1/3C and so far haven't encounter 66mins cutoff.

sigpic

Comment

I'm charging LiPo TP 2100mA.
            The battery will fully charge around 40-60min when I charge with 2000mA (1C).
            But when I charge with 1000mA, it always stop at 66min.

Hhhhhmmm... most likely the T15 firmware assumed we always charging using 1C which the battery will be fully charge within 60min.
            Not good then, the good charger should detect the battery voltage/current to determine the battery fully charge.

Comment

Originally posted by rkte
              I'm charging LiPo TP 2100mA.
              The battery will fully charge around 40-60min when I charge with 2000mA (1C).
              But when I charge with 1000mA, it always stop at 66min.

Hhhhhmmm... most likely the T15 firmware assumed we always charging using 1C which the battery will be fully charge within 60min.
              Not good then, the good charger should detect the battery voltage/current to determine the battery fully charge.
              i believe there is a safety timer like in my imax and triton that will autocut charging..

it should be in user settings..or menu.. find it and switch it off or set to a v long timing like 300min for .5ma charging
              For sale

Comment

mr tucfz and flameangel... pls comment if u r ard...
                For sale

Comment

I've set my T-15 (DC Only model) to charge at 0.1A. Takes a long time for the charge to complete..

Here are some of the problems I've encountered before. I started using an AC/DC adapter from one of my computer peripherals device. This charger is rated at 12V 1.35A But actual output is only 11.++V and +- 2A My T-15 will sometime reset or cut it's charge. I've also tried charging my lipo at .1A with the adapter, and it sometimes cut it's charge and sometime complete the charge.

I now use a PC ATX power supply for my T-15.. Power output from the PS is around 12.4+V with over 5A .. Now I can charge my batt at any given charge rate and the T-15 will not cut or restart..

Comment

i believe there is a safety timer like in my imax and triton that will autocut charging..

it should be in user settings..or menu.. find it and switch it off or set to a v long timing like 300min for .5ma charging
                    t15 no safety timer setting, no "advance user settings", only the very basic like charge rate, discharge rate, cell type etc.

sigpic

Comment

Thanks for the input
                      But I don't think it's the power cut-off issue as I'm also using the ATX PS.
                      The T15 always stop with normal finish beeping sound at the same timing (66min).
                      So can I say, your T15 can do charging more than 66min?

Originally posted by tucfaz
                      I've set my T-15 (DC Only model) to charge at 0.1A. Takes a long time for the charge to complete..

Here are some of the problems I've encountered before. I started using an AC/DC adapter from one of my computer peripherals device. This charger is rated at 12V 1.35A But actual output is only 11.++V and +- 2A My T-15 will sometime reset or cut it's charge. I've also tried charging my lipo at .1A with the adapter, and it sometimes cut it's charge and sometime complete the charge.

I now use a PC ATX power supply for my T-15.. Power output from the PS is around 12.4+V with over 5A .. Now I can charge my batt at any given charge rate and the T-15 will not cut or restart..

Comment

Originally posted by rkte
                        Thanks for the input
                        But I don't think it's the power cut-off issue as I'm also using the ATX PS.
                        The T15 always stop with normal finish beeping sound at the same timing (66min).
                        So can I say, your T15 can do charging more than 66min?
                        Hi Rudy,

T15 has 66mins timer for safety and it can't be changed. Any charging will terminate at 66mins . It happended to me too.....So I change to Xpower, whereby the timer can be disabled or adjusted to charging need.
                        Chai

Lets' moveon.......

Comment

like that... t15 dont sound v gd... what if u want to slow charge.............??
                          For sale

Comment

like that... t15 dont sound v gd... what if u want to slow charge.............??
                            ya lor. I wanted to slow charge my lipo and it keeps stop charging at 66mins. Did some search and found that it's the safety timer. I have since changed to xpower.
                            Chai

Lets' moveon.......

Comment

Buy another charger or re-press the start button again for 2nd round charge

Comment

Working...
                              X