Zenm Tech Pte Ltd

Collapse

Visit Zenmtech at rc.zenmtech.com

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i got the T10, Johnson. BTW u most welcome to visit my little hangar/shipyard....No Fee...

For Sale

CSM ICG400 Heading Lock Gyro+ ($160)
    (

Comment

Stuka

Have fun with your T10. I am sure you will fall in love with it. I did

Comment

Johnson, I have fallen in love with it...

Any idea what is the counter (when charging/discharging) at the top right hand corner of the LCD for?

For Sale

CSM ICG400 Heading Lock Gyro+ ($160)
        (

Comment

WOOOH Stuka,

What a set up you have there!!!!

I asked Tahmazo before and the reply indicated that it is charge/discharge cycle. i.e. you can do up to 5 charge/discharge cycles with cool down period in between.

Glad that T10 found another lover.

Comment

Hi Hi,

I have a Tahmazo T10 and I am new to RC helicopters. I just bought a ZAP400 from Singapore Hobby and have since run into a problem with charging the battery.

The Tahmazo T10 has a -ve Vout and a +Vout to charge the batttery but on the battery side, there are 4 wires. Does anyone have any advice on how to connect the Tahmazo to the battery? The manuals on both devices do not say anything about this.

Much appreciation to anyone who can help out. Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by muddy
              Hi Hi,

I have a Tahmazo T10 and I am new to RC helicopters. I just bought a ZAP400 from Singapore Hobby and have since run into a problem with charging the battery.

The Tahmazo T10 has a -ve Vout and a +Vout to charge the batttery but on the battery side, there are 4 wires. Does anyone have any advice on how to connect the Tahmazo to the battery? The manuals on both devices do not say anything about this.

from your pic...orange and black for normal charging...3S

Orange/pink : used to balance 1st cell

Pink/brown : used to balance 2nd cell

Brown/black :used to balance 3rd cell.....

EP gurus...please correct me if I'm wrong..
              TREX 500 ESP
              Futaba T12FGH

Comment

muddy,
                u bought the polyquest packs from Jethobby issit? The extra wires are used for balancing. U need to buy the Polyquest battery balancing unit to use that feature. Dun fret it's only 25 plus.. i think. What u need to do is to find the main battery leads that allows to charge the pack as a 3Cell 12.6V Lipo....

just connect those two mains, to your T10, set ur T10 for 3Cell and the current type ( i'm not too sure on this side, T10 gurus pls intervene) and it should be okay. make sure u have a voltmeter at hand as well. When u're done, double check that the cell voltage is below 12.6Volts....

Do not discharge the battery beyond 9 volts. I'd advice u to carry ur digital voltmeter and check voltage asap after your flights. Do not fly beyond the suggested duration of ur pack. ( sorry abou the a lot of 'do nots' and making it sound like monopoly... but lipo no simple issue, dun play play, safety is a big issue here, as well as protecting the life span of your $$$ lipo)

Comment

Thanks guys,

The battery pack came with the helicopter. What does balancing do and how important is it?

From what is said here, I gather that I only have to connect red to red and black to black on both sides and charge it as a 3 cell 11.1V batt.

Really appreciate your help man.

Comment

Hi Hi,

From your picture, u can actually use the "To esc" side to charge..
                    Juz connect black to black and red to red..

Comment

hmmm.. sounds good to me.. haha.. im going to give that a shot.. thanks for the tip!

do you guys make it a habit to charge your lithium batts in a mug?

Comment

hmmm.. sounds good to me.. haha.. im going to give that a shot.. thanks for the tip!

do you guys make it a habit to charge your lithium batts in a mug?
                        A normal battery doesn't have to esc/ to charger..
                        it only has 1 plug, to esc AND charger..
                        So yeah, u can use that to charge too..
                        But also noting that it WILL NOT balance ur pack if the pack is unbalanced..

It's a good practise to charge in a fire-proof enclosure like a porcelain or clay container in case of mishaps..

Comment

I take it as balancing being that all the cells having the same voltage. Correct me if I am wrong please.

What are the pitfalls of not having balanced cells?

Thanks for answering my many newbie questions.

Comment

I take it as balancing being that all the cells having the same voltage. Correct me if I am wrong please.

What are the pitfalls of not having balanced cells?

Thanks for answering my many newbie questions.
                            Yes.. an unbalanced multi-cell pack will have a high-risk of over-chjarging resulting in explosion..

please read the lithium user guide in the forum..

Comment

i just got my t10 today.. wah its damned nice. tmr will be going to SLT to get the PS. phiber, thought you getting one?
                              JR 9x
                              Raptor 50 SE
                              Raptor 90 3D
                              Mini-Titan

Superb machine!

Piper Warrior 2 Pa-28-161
                              Lycoming O-320-D3G 160HP

Pilatus PC-21
                              Pratt & Whitney PT6A-64B 1600SHP

Comment

sorry for digging up thread. I have a swallow advance(T10/T15, same thing OEM) and when i set it to discharge at 1A or 0.85A, it will not, it will only discharge at 0.5A. I was trying to cycle my kan cells to see how much capacity it had left. thanx in advance.

Comment

Working...
                                X