Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hextronic batteries a lot cheaper but perform as well as FP, TP etc?

Collapse

Zenm Tech Pte Ltd

Collapse

Visit Zenmtech at rc.zenmtech.com

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think for the 2.2A 3S1P battery market, the difference between cost/performance isn't so clear ......but for the 4.2A 5S1P or 6S1P ...BOY is there a difference in terms of $$$ !!!
    Seriously running out of ...Storage space !

Comment

Let me try to understand a bit here. 70+A is roughly 15C. And when you say continuous 70+A is roughly 15C for the 2P and 'Continuous' means once in a while reaching 70+A and not 70+A all the way for the whole duration of the discharge. Correct?

Cool!
      Adrainli, keep us updated on your finding.

Originally posted by Adrianli
      I have parellel two 3S lipos and pushed them to 90+A on my boat. Continuous running at 70+A n they had no problem at all. But as I mentioned b4, these packs cant sustain continuous constant discharge for long.

They are good for jus fun playing ard but for serious competitions or the need for constant power, go for those branded ones. So far tried Hyperion, TP n currently PolyQuest. I also have FP n waiting to try them out.

Comment

70+A is the continuous discharge. Continuous is all the way till batt flat.

90+A is the burst discharge. Once in a while on a striaght line.

These are measured wif a Watt's Up meter.

Lastly, my name is Adrian not Adrain(A-drain aka long kang).

Comment

cant help it
          For sale

trex 700/ 12mm main shaft swash leveller. carbon type $22 only new

Comment

HXT 2200mAh

Yo bro, me using it on my Yak54 and Extra300. Very good. After flying it, can hardly feel heat on it. Based on so brothers feedbacks, think user is the person that know. As for me, think it is worth the $$$ in buying as it perform as good as my FP.

Happy flying
            Is OK if you DUN buy,
            but DUN cut my throat.

Comment

Ah ? ....Long Kang if got water, can play boat wat ?

...Sorry ! ...today abit boring at the office lah ! myself aredi !

Comment

Hi,
                When the manufacturer says 20C continous , it looks good but wait a minute ....I bet you they test this condition it in a well ventilated room like an aircon room.
                When you use it an enclose vehicles like inside an aircraft , there isn't much ventilation to the LIPOS , I am doubtful if this batteries can survive even at a lower 15C discharged rate in this situation. I am not surprised this batteries gets bloated or cannot sustain the power for long under this condition in actual usage situation.

Just my 2 cents comment...

Comment

Sorry for the Typo bro!
                  (but when I saw the way you describe, AKA long Kang, I can't help but laugh)

70+A is the continuous discharge. Continuous is all the way till batt flat.

90+A is the burst discharge. Once in a while on a striaght line.

These are measured wif a Watt's Up meter.

Comment

Originally posted by Babylon5
                    Hi,
                    When the manufacturer says 20C continous , it looks good but wait a minute ....I bet you they test this condition it in a well ventilated room like an aircon room.
                    When you use it an enclose vehicles like inside an aircraft , there isn't much ventilation to the LIPOS , I am doubtful if this batteries can survive even at a lower 15C discharged rate in this situation. I am not surprised this batteries gets bloated or cannot sustain the power for long under this condition in actual usage situation.

Just my 2 cents comment...

I was doubtful at first too BUT I am seeing my mates using it for 3D on 30-40 sized aircrafts for last few weeks with enough spare power to rocket vertically unlimited lol. Seriously, I am using FP and another mate is using HXT and if you see our 2 planes fly, you won't be able to tell the diff and they are definitely 20-25C rating continously.
                    Stop looking for a gyro in my plane, they are all in the head.

Comment

Just had my 2nd flight on HXT. No difference to me. Will need more cycles to see how lasting this brand is.
                      IF you ask me, I wont push that lipo hard. For something half the price of reputable brands, I wont push it that hard. I never trust those figures put out by factories, maybe 80% I take to heart.
                      Just like hind holes, even if its big in diameter, prolong pushing of huge crap will tear it. Simple logic.

Comment

Originally posted by HotDogBun
                        Just like hind holes, even if its big in diameter, prolong pushing of huge crap will tear it. Simple logic.
                        You're the expert on such matters ! ......wun argue with you on that !

Comment

My pleasure to be of "service" to all on Matters of Aft Holes.
                          The best presentation is the one with the best impression.

Comment

No wonder you're the "Dangerous Man - Punggol"

Comment

tear already should have higher throughput in future???

Comment

Originally posted by PCC
                                tear already should have higher throughput in future???
                                Hotdogbun are you telling the whole world you have broadband connectivity for your aft? kekekekeke
                                Stop looking for a gyro in my plane, they are all in the head.

Comment

Working...
                                X