Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hextronic batteries a lot cheaper but perform as well as FP, TP etc?

Collapse

Zenm Tech Pte Ltd

Collapse

Visit Zenmtech at rc.zenmtech.com

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by protyne
    All grounds covered. My credit card limit is $200 only.
    well there's always NETS.
    -------------------
    Powder, Anyone????

Comment

I have bought 20 pcs of 1700mah 11.1V 20C and 20 pcs of 2200mah 11.1V 20C ... this are mass order by me for my flying buddies. After we have use them for a month , our conclusion is ...
      Esky HBT
      Esky Lama V3
      Walkera #4 (honey bee fp clone)
      Walkera #22D (MS Hornet 2 clone)
      Walkera #35 (Zap400 clone)
      Walkera #36 (mix zap400 / trex clone)
      Walkera #60 (all metal airframe)
      Align Trex XL HDE
      MiniTitan E325
      ARK X-450

Comment

Request For More Info

Originally posted by Salem
        I have bought 20 pcs of 1700mah 11.1V 20C and 20 pcs of 2200mah 11.1V 20C ... this are mass order by me for my flying buddies. After we have use them for a month , our conclusion is ...
        Hi Salem,

Care to elaborate on your conclusion?

What model, setup (ie motor/esc/servos) are you using. How did you run the batts, did you run the batts in before high Amp use? what charge rate were you charging at? .. there are so many questions.. how many cycles have you used so far? did you wait for the batts to cool before charging?

i would like to know cause my set (2.2A 20C) have just come in. im running them in on low amp draw for at least 2 cycles but i have already tested one batt to its limit to see if it can handle the load... at 48A burst + 15-25A draw for about 7 mins the batt wasnt even really what i would call hot. i tried to simulate how i would throttle burst when flying my model at the field. typically i run my TP batts for about 5 1/2 mins before landing.. ran this one almost 2 mins longer and it seems ok .. granted i might have killed some of its life but at $33usd .. its a no brainer. (btw i did mention that im the guinea pig).

flight tests will be conducted tomorrow but not before a full power run on the ground to see if this batt can survive high A draw for a prolonged duration.

care to share more info for everyone's benefit?? you cant really expect a cheap deal batt to survive if you dont look after it (and im not insinuating that you arent looking after your batts just in case you think i am implying it), i would be really happy to even get 60 GOOD cycles out of these cause it works out to less than $0.90 per flight. how can you argue with a flight cost like that???? if i buy a 2.2A 25C TP/FP (just over $100) .. at 100 cycles it's still more expensive to run. and this hxt batt is only 20g heavier in specs.

all in all .. end of the day its just another batt.. if it helps in bringing down the inflated batt prices in the market im all for it and i dont think i stand alone here.

GENTS your comments pls.
        -------------------
        Powder, Anyone????

Comment

so guys how are the batteries? did they perform up to par?
          For sale

trex 700/ 12mm main shaft swash leveller. carbon type $22 only new

Comment

As far as I can observe,

1 is flying his AJ with HXT 4s
            1 is flying his AJ with HXT 3s
            1 is flying his Yak with HXT 3s

They all have at least 2 -4 batts. All holding great and are providing power that looked to be on par so far. Just have to pop over to PFW to see them rolling harrier and hovering with it kekeke.

I am extremely curious to Salem's experience with the batts. Salem, can give us more info?
            Stop looking for a gyro in my plane, they are all in the head.

Comment

Originally posted by edmond22
              As far as I can observe,

1 is flying his AJ with HXT 4s
              1 is flying his AJ with HXT 3s
              1 is flying his Yak with HXT 3s

They all have at least 2 -4 batts. All holding great and are providing power that looked to be on par so far. Just have to pop over to PFW to see them rolling harrier and hovering with it kekeke.

I am extremely curious to Salem's experience with the batts. Salem, can give us more info?
              thanks edmond 4 replying btw r u guys using dn power as well? how do they compare? i assume u all also have tp or fp batts..
              For sale

Comment

I recently got a PolyQuest 20C 2200mah lipo. Comparing it to my previous HXT 20C-30C 2200mah lipo, its a whole lot of difference.

For the 1st 5 mins of flight on my trex, both give out equally good punch n power. However after 5 mins, HXT power drops until I stop flying at 10mins. With PolyQuest, the power is maintained throughout the 10mins flight time.

Therefore I would say u pay for what u get.

FYI 1 pack of PolyQuest cost abt = 2 pack of HXT of the above capacity.

Comment

Not sure of the terminology of batteries. But 2.2A at 20C, does that mean 20C continuous or burst mode?

For the same capacity, is there any different in weight between the different brands? Anyone care to share?

Originally posted by talcum
                  any cycles have you used so far? did you wait for the batts to cool before charging?

i would like to know cause my set (2.2A 20C) have just come in. im running them in on low amp draw for at least 2 cycles but i have already tested one batt to its limit to see if it can handle the load... at 48A burst + 15-25A draw for about 7 mins the batt wasnt even really what i would call hot.......

GENTS your comments pls.

Comment

Originally posted by mave
                    Not sure of the terminology of batteries. But 2.2A at 20C, does that mean 20C continuous or burst mode?

For the same capacity, is there any different in weight between the different brands? Anyone care to share?
                    the 20c that they print on the pack usually means continuous.. burst will be listed also.. this is what i observed from tp and fp packs.

usually for the same capacity, the higher the C rating, the heavier the pack
                    For sale

Comment

Originally posted by Adrianli
                      I recently got a PolyQuest 20C 2200mah lipo. Comparing it to my previous HXT 20C-30C 2200mah lipo, its a whole lot of difference.

For the 1st 5 mins of flight on my trex, both give out equally good punch n power. However after 5 mins, HXT power drops until I stop flying at 10mins. With PolyQuest, the power is maintained throughout the 10mins flight time.

Therefore I would say u pay for what u get.

FYI 1 pack of PolyQuest cost abt = 2 pack of HXT of the above capacity.
                      thanks bro.. guess i shall stick to trusty fp/tp then ;) btw how many cycles have u ran them?
                      For sale

Comment

Originally posted by johndyl
                        thanks bro.. guess i shall stick to trusty fp/tp then ;) btw how many cycles have u ran them?
                        HXT lipo, I ran 10 cycle n they start to bloat liao. Abt 15 cycles, sold it off wif my boat.

PolyQuest lipo, so far 2 cycles only.

Comment

thanks bro guess i'll stay away from them
                          For sale

Comment

Mave, here's some info from the web, I noted that the site recommends running in the batts at 10c and below and from observations, Talcom did that and his batts are serving him fine still, matter of fact they also feedback that it is performing better than some of the more well known batts like TP and FP, I will be interested too if it is a matter of cycling the batts 3-4 times to get some potential for a cycle life

Capacity : 2200mAh
                            C Rating 20-30C (vague, not sure continuous or what)
                            Configuration : 3S 11.1v
                            PACK size: 101x34x25mm
                            Weight : 183gr (just add about 15-20gram for connectors etc)
                            These packs are on par with TP and most other hyped up or re-stickered brands.

ATTENTION.
                            Please ensure you cycle your batteries 3-4 times prior to pushing the packs to their full potential.
                            Cycling your pack will break in the batteries chemistry and stop cell puffing or rapid capacity degradation.
                            To cycle a pack you can simply use it as you normally would, though never draw more than 10C for the first 3-4 cycles.
                            Stop looking for a gyro in my plane, they are all in the head.

Comment

Oh ok,

It will be interesting to see what is the performance of the battery when push to 20C continuous(stillnot sure continuous is for how long). If it can sustain the claim, then it is really value for money.
                              Originally posted by edmond22
                              Mave, here's some info from the web, I noted that the site recommends running in the batts at 10c and below and from observations, Talcom did that and his batts are serving him fine still, matter of fact they also feedback that it is performing better than some of the more well known batts like TP and FP, I will be interested too if it is a matter of cycling the batts 3-4 times to get some potential for a cycle life

Capacity : 2200mAh
                              C Rating 20-30C (vague, not sure continuous or what)
                              Configuration : 3S 11.1v
                              PACK size: 101x34x25mm
                              Weight : 183gr (just add about 15-20gram for connectors etc)
                              These packs are on par with TP and most other hyped up or re-stickered brands.

ATTENTION.
                              Please ensure you cycle your batteries 3-4 times prior to pushing the packs to their full potential.
                              Cycling your pack will break in the batteries chemistry and stop cell puffing or rapid capacity degradation.
                              To cycle a pack you can simply use it as you normally would, though never draw more than 10C for the first 3-4 cycles.

Comment

Oh ok,

It will be interesting to see what is the performance of the battery when push to 20C continuous(stillnot sure continuous is for how long). If it can sustain the claim, then it is really value for money.
                                I have parellel two 3S lipos and pushed them to 90+A on my boat. Continuous running at 70+A n they had no problem at all. But as I mentioned b4, these packs cant sustain continuous constant discharge for long.

They are good for jus fun playing ard but for serious competitions or the need for constant power, go for those branded ones. So far tried Hyperion, TP n currently PolyQuest. I also have FP n waiting to try them out.

Comment

Working...
                                X