Zenm Tech Pte Ltd

Collapse

Visit Zenmtech at rc.zenmtech.com

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Dragon Shark by Arkmodel is reasonably priced for a static diving sub kit. If I recall correctly, RC Warbirds even brought in one batch a few years. Main reason why I didn't buy it then is that it isn't scale. But for Arkmodel kits, I must caution you that the instructions provided are not comprehensive and often not very clear.

For beginners, I feel a better sub to start with is the Thunder Tiger SB1 which is available in both kit and RTR. For the kit, its instructions are excellent and there are also a few thread discussions on this in RCgroups. It is bright and clearly visible in shallow water but again, it is non-scale although I read one creative chap on the internet who modified it to look like some oceanic research mini sub.

I am unable to think of any cheap sub model to recommend you, especially those under the static diving category. If you are prepared to try dynamic diving instead, there could be some less costly ones.

Cheers.

Comment

Originally posted by preferscale View Post
      The Dragon Shark by Arkmodel is reasonably priced for a static diving sub kit. If I recall correctly, RC Warbirds even brought in one batch a few years. Main reason why I didn't buy it then is that it isn't scale. But for Arkmodel kits, I must caution you that the instructions provided are not comprehensive and often not very clear.

For beginners, I feel a better sub to start with is the Thunder Tiger SB1 which is available in both kit and RTR. For the kit, its instructions are excellent and there are also a few thread discussions on this in RCgroups. It is bright and clearly visible in shallow water but again, it is non-scale although I read one creative chap on the internet who modified it to look like some oceanic research mini sub.

I am unable to think of any cheap sub model to recommend you, especially those under the static diving category. If you are prepared to try dynamic diving instead, there could be some less costly ones.

Cheers.
      Bro: Agreed with you , TT that one outlook is not scale, I just help my uncle to collect one in Rotor , and I saw the Arkmodel Dragon Shark and 212A , I like it very much but the price is $977 and $1500 , and they are buiding song now , the size is med , is guiet good for me , I will wait for the price , but one thing I worry is the propeller standing outside is easy to hurt by stones , how do you think ? So , is make me hard to decide to take what model ? I really like scale model , any suggestion ? Bro !

Comment

Bro, from what you said, Rotor must have brought in the Arkmodel kits and built them to sell as RTR. I originally thought these are RTR directly from Arkmodel. The Song Class is actually quite good looking and manageable for a scale sub. My American friend who lives in Hangzhou has one built for him by Arkmodel and he is satisfied. Another HK friend also built one and he too is happy with its performance. For myself, I simply don't have the time now to build my kit and also it will be interesting to see how Rotor tackle the bayonet rings joint. Maybe Arkmodel has replaced the old design with a new injection moulding - in which case I am going to ask if they could send me a replacement set.

As for the propeller, I think you don't have to worry about being hit by rocks as subs are not high speed machines. Furthermore, I don't think you want to dive too deep because you simply cannot see anything. They are most fun when you can maintain a depth of 6-12" and see their outlines as they silently cruise just below the surface.

Good luck.

Comment

Bro, from what you said, Rotor must have brought in the Arkmodel kits and built them to sell as RTR. I originally thought these are RTR directly from Arkmodel. The Song Class is actually quite good looking and manageable for a scale sub. My American friend who lives in Hangzhou has one built for him by Arkmodel and he is satisfied. Another HK friend also built one and he too is happy with its performance. For myself, I simply don't have the time now to build my kit and also it will be interesting to see how Rotor tackle the bayonet rings joint. Maybe Arkmodel has replaced the old design with a new injection moulding - in which case I am going to ask if they could send me a replacement set.

As for the propeller, I think you don't have to worry about being hit by rocks as subs are not high speed machines. Furthermore, I don't think you want to dive too deep because you simply cannot see anything. They are most fun when you can maintain a depth of 6-12" and see their outlines as they silently cruise just below the surface.

Good luck.
          I will see the price first then will take one of this 3 model , as from youube saw it , Dragon is very fast speed, 212 is very low but maintan water lever , song size and speed is ok , Honestly 212 is very scale and big size , Bro , which one you recommend ?

Comment

Bro, look like you are really hooked. For me both Song and 212 are nice. Although the 212 is bigger than the Song, it is also a newer Arkmodel production, hence the parts design and finishing are supposed to be better. The bayonet joint rings for the 2 hull halves are well done in injection moulding. If money and space is not an issue, I would say go for the 212. To spend the refunded paypal money from the disastrous HK ferry kit purchase, I nearly bought the 212 kit directly from Arkmodel last year. But changed my mind as I spotted one very minor scale inaccuracy in its hull, i.e. if you view the real sub directly from the front, the side profile line of the sail should flow straight directly into the hull without a break. On the Arkmodel, I can still detect a slight break at the point where the base of the sail meets the hull. I raised this to Mr Feng but he insisted that his model is 100% correct. But anyway, this shouldn't bother you. I am just too much of a scale nut.

Have fun.

Comment

Bro, look like you are really hooked. For me both Song and 212 are nice. Although the 212 is bigger than the Song, it is also a newer Arkmodel production, hence the parts design and finishing are supposed to be better. The bayonet joint rings for the 2 hull halves are well done in injection moulding. If money and space is not an issue, I would say go for the 212. To spend the refunded paypal money from the disastrous HK ferry kit purchase, I nearly bought the 212 kit directly from Arkmodel last year. But changed my mind as I spotted one very minor scale inaccuracy in its hull, i.e. if you view the real sub directly from the front, the side profile line of the sail should flow straight directly into the hull without a break. On the Arkmodel, I can still detect a slight break at the point where the base of the sail meets the hull. I raised this to Mr Feng but he insisted that his model is 100% correct. But anyway, this shouldn't bother you. I am just too much of a scale nut.

Have fun.
              OK . THX Bro. let me check it first, and where can buy second hand here ? Any shop or guy selling ?

Comment

Glad to be able to help with some info. You can check around but I don't think there are many RC submariners here, especially those really into scale. There may be some who bought the Thunder Tiger model to get a taste of RC sub. With some luck, you may get a second hand from those who find RC subs isn't their cup of tea.

Good hunting!

Comment

For myself, I simply don't have the time now to build my kit and also it will be interesting to see how Rotor tackle the bayonet rings joint. Maybe Arkmodel has replaced the old design with a new injection moulding - in which case I am going to ask if they could send me a replacement set.
                  What about trying the metal rings from Engel, clearly Ark have some problem with this feature

Comment

I don't know much about Engel products and I am not sure the diameter of their rings will fit the Song class hull. The new ring joints that Arkmodel made for their 212 sub is actually quite good being of the injection mould type. Last year, I contacted Arkmodel and they informed me that they could introduced a new injection moulded rings for the Song class. But I am not too hopeful and hence has yet to contact them again.

I have spoken to Mike (HZM) and he told me that with my lathe and mill machines, it is not too difficult to machine a replacement set from aluminum or brass. However my current machining skills are still not good enough to attempt this. Got to practice more.

Thanks.

Comment

Heres mine, this is with Engel rings which are one size only, 97mm od , 84mm ID.

these people make other sizes

see also here, click seals, then bayonet

Comment

Originally posted by RAPTOR2001SG View Post
                        212A , I like it very much but the price is $1500 ,
                        SGD1500 is around euro 850

Price on this not released yet, but im guessing it wont be much different, and what a cool piece of kit.

Comment

Originally posted by Akula View Post
                          SGD1500 is around euro 850

Price on this not released yet, but im guessing it wont be much different, and what a cool piece of kit.
                          http://www.engel-modellbau.de/catalo...05d1cf014a0bfd
                          I think I will buy from Rotor RTR , thinking get song or 212A .

Comment

Have fun.
                            Bro: just went to RCE Choong ,ask him to check the price 212A and Song kit, he say can bring in 2 set in at one time , if price is ok , are you interest to get together ?

Comment

Yes, I can consider the 212A kit (plus WTC) notwithstanding the very slight inaccuracy mentioned earlier, if the price is right. RCE will probably sell at a very reasonable price if their Perkasa boat price is any indication. But the kit will not be cheap. I check the Arkmodel website and the 212A plus WTC is about US$600 before postage. The Song Class is probably slightly cheaper.

Actually, I already have my hands full, with the Thunder Tiger SB1 still not assembled, the Song class still NIB, and yes, the Kilo will be coming in from rpmtech in the near future. I actually bought it early last year but Rick was so bogged down by other projects that he put my Kilo on hold - something I don't mind because I don't have the time to build it yet. Furthermore, he is throwing in a lot of good stuff as a goodwill gesture. If I buy the 212A, it will have to join the building Q. I am planning to finish the SB1 first as a "training sub" before tackling the the Song. The Kilo is a real beauty and I will probably assemble it only when I am very confident and familiar with RC sub operations. I have seen the Arkmodel 212 beautifully built in one of the RCgroups thread.

By the way, there are also other additional cost in RC submarines that you should be aware of. Besides the usual electronic parts such as ESC, most RC subs are also fitted with 2 other devices for fail safe and an auto-levelling. These 2 components can add another $200-$300.

I will wait for RCE Chong to provide a quote first for the 212A. Cheers.

Comment

Yes, I can consider the 212A kit (plus WTC) notwithstanding the very slight inaccuracy mentioned earlier, if the price is right. RCE will probably sell at a very reasonable price if their Perkasa boat price is any indication. But the kit will not be cheap. I check the Arkmodel website and the 212A plus WTC is about US$600 before postage. The Song Class is probably slightly cheaper.

Actually, I already have my hands full, with the Thunder Tiger SB1 still not assembled, the Song class still NIB, and yes, the Kilo will be coming in from rpmtech in the near future. I actually bought it early last year but Rick was so bogged down by other projects that he put my Kilo on hold - something I don't mind because I don't have the time to build it yet. Furthermore, he is throwing in a lot of good stuff as a goodwill gesture. If I buy the 212A, it will have to join the building Q. I am planning to finish the SB1 first as a "training sub" before tackling the the Song. The Kilo is a real beauty and I will probably assemble it only when I am very confident and familiar with RC sub operations. I have seen the Arkmodel 212 beautifully built in one of the RCgroups thread.

By the way, there are also other additional cost in RC submarines that you should be aware of. Besides the usual electronic parts such as ESC, most RC subs are also fitted with 2 other devices for fail safe and an auto-levelling. These 2 components can add another $200-$300.

I will wait for RCE Chong to provide a quote first for the 212A. Cheers.
                                I ask my fren bring in one for me when he go back China at Nov, he say if put into cargo by flight together the airline will charge $80 , but if Chong can bring in then is quiet good as he say the transport fee almost the same as this afternoon when saw him in the shop, so ,where you get your Song ? How much for it ?
                                second I also ask chong to check the price of all nesscary items need to build into the 212A , I think will know soon , really if the price is near the RTR ,then I will think to get RTR , see how first ?

Comment

Working...
                                X