Collapse

Visit Zenmtech at rc.zenmtech.com

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Adrianli
    I tink the guys meant to discharge the lipo till flat like to discharge a Sub C cell.

601 has this discharge function to discharge lipo till flat. I'm using the 601.
    yep...imaxb5 doesn't have the function to discharge the lipo to a "flat" voltage (cannot remember the value).

the discharge function in imaxb5 is auto and meant to balance out the lipo voltage during balance charging.

regards.

Comment

think the 200ma is called the balancing current working in the balancer circuit, rather than being called the discharging current. All balancers have this, even when they are not connected to any charger, doing static balancing.

discharging current is a charger circuit function whereby some load is applied to drain out the batt pack. only some higher end chargers have this. btw i dont think one should deep discharge a lipo, it hurts the batt..

low current discharge to 12V, can help reduce bloating sometimes
      For sale

trex 700/ 12mm main shaft swash leveller. carbon type $22 only new

Comment

Just curious.
        If after Balance Charge, using a multimeter, the results are 4.14V / 4.16V / 4.14V , is this good?
        I've test with few lipos all seem to have this reading, very constant, but is it charging the lipo enough or the threshold to stop is set lower?

Comment

Mine not so low.
          Abt 4.16 for old lipo
          Abt 4.17-4.18 for newer lipo

Comment

Hmm, maybe lipo through many cycles which is why completion charge at 4.14v / 4.16V / 4.14V?
            Anyway 4.14V good enough I guess, at least its not 4.21V

Comment

Originally posted by HotDogBun
              Just curious.
              If after Balance Charge, using a multimeter, the results are 4.14V / 4.16V / 4.14V , is this good?
              I've test with few lipos all seem to have this reading, very constant, but is it charging the lipo enough or the threshold to stop is set lower?
              bro do u mean cell 1 is 4.14, second is 4.16 and 3rd is 4.14? then it isnt exactly balanced leh..
              For sale

trex 700/ 12mm main shaft swash leveller. carbon type $22 only new

Comment

Ya thats the voltage I get on my lipos after charging.Its not normal?

Comment

A 0.02V difference is acceptable.

However most of the time, my lipos are max 0.01 difference between 1 cell to another. I do also get perfect balance cells sometimes.

Comment

Anyway to re-balance a pack when its within the 0.02v difference range?

I'm using a FP Balancer, DN Balance charger and Imax B5 and no way can I get it back to totally balance or at least to 0.01v diff.

I have 3 packs that i charge only via deans on B5 and it stayed balance or at most 0.01v diff. Different story for packs charged with the balance chargers.
                    Practice makes permanent. Perfect practice makes perfect.

Comment

How you guy connect your Lipo using Imax?After seeing the diagram,I was a bit confuse..It shown the lipo was connect with the balance tab and both the output of the lipo batt was connect to the charger as well.

Comment

Originally posted by Hazy
                        How you guy connect your Lipo using Imax?After seeing the diagram,I was a bit confuse..It shown the lipo was connect with the balance tab and both the output of the lipo batt was connect to the charger as well.

http://www.skyrc.cn/en/download/illu..._b5_wiring.pdf
                        I use to balance charge my Lipos with the iMAX B5 by just connecting the balancer tab to the charger and it works fine.
                        [SIZE=1][B]Back to hovering!!![/B][/SIZE]

Comment

Hi Guys I bought the charger and I am happy with its performance too. It comes with many attachments for many kinds of batteries. It also has a balance polarity reverser adapter so you connect it directly to the balance socket.
                          Provides lots of information like charge rate, time, charge amount and individual cell voltage.
                          Cheers!
                          Planes: Cap21, Northrop F5E, MK Kingbird, MK Curare, Elster, Jazz60, SouthernX, Zoom 4D

Comment

Originally posted by Heliguy
                            Hi,

$169.00 - Imax B5 Li-po balance charger

Is there any where to get cheaper than this retail price?

Thanks.
                            online selling for 140 or 150

Comment

i got mine for about S$120 from China and will be back this weekend.

Anyone needs help?

Comment

Originally posted by jansonfinn
                                online selling for 140 or 150
                                Hi, "online" meaning which site? Local or overseas? I'm looking to get one too.

Comment

Working...
                                X