Zenm Tech Pte Ltd

Collapse

Visit Zenmtech at rc.zenmtech.com

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I go for Imax cos the 601BC fan run very loud ... I hate noise. And also heard that 601 have the software screw up sometime
    Esky HBT
    Esky Lama V3
    Walkera #4 (honey bee fp clone)
    Walkera #22D (MS Hornet 2 clone)
    Walkera #35 (Zap400 clone)
    Walkera #36 (mix zap400 / trex clone)
    Walkera #60 (all metal airframe)
    Align Trex XL HDE
    MiniTitan E325
    ARK X-450

Comment

Just bought a Imax B5. Am learning how to use it. Any tips or things to caution when using it?

Comment

Just curious guys, do you charge via dean or by balancing?
        If I ensure all the 3 cells are balanced to 0.02V difference, then dean charge should be good enough right?

Comment

Originally posted by HotDogBun
          Just curious guys, do you charge via dean or by balancing?
          If I ensure all the 3 cells are balanced to 0.02V difference, then dean charge should be good enough right?
          Bro...charge with the Dean, then sometimes check the voltage with the balancer connection, if out of balance then charge them using this connection.

Not necessary to balance and charge everytime.

More impt is to manage your amp draw and not to overfly the time given.
          Punggol Field Walk - Precision Landing Required!

Comment

Sir Yes Sir !

Comment

For this charger. I have charged 2 lipos so far and the difference is within 0.02V among the 3 cells.

I used Balance Charge, and I realised the charger will actually discharge the lipo during charge to maintain even voltage. Impressive.

You guys should really get one. Really no looking back after buying it.

Comment

Hmm... guys, can confirm this Imax got discharge function? The datasheet doesnt seem to state. But I notice when I use " balance charge ", if I monitor the cells, the " Dchg" will appear when the cells are uneven and the voltage will drop... hmmm....

anyway for this lipo. Can state how much mAh i charge in!

Comment

Hmm... guys, can confirm this Imax got discharge function? The datasheet doesnt seem to state. But I notice when I use " balance charge ", if I monitor the cells, the " Dchg" will appear when the cells are uneven and the voltage will drop... hmmm....

anyway for this lipo. Can state how much mAh i charge in!
                  Nope...imax5 don't have discharge function.
                  The "Dchg" is to balance out the cells.

This is a good and reasonable price charger.
                  Not only can balance charge LIPO, it can also charge PB and NiMH.
                  Money worth..

Comment

loderunner I 2nd to your words

I read through few site's spec on the Imax B5 and found this
                    " Current drain for balancing Li-po: 200mAh/cell ",
                    correct me if I'm wrong, but draining current means discharging right??

Comment

loderunner I 2nd to your words

I read through few site's spec on the Imax B5 and found this
                      " Current drain for balancing Li-po: 200mAh/cell ",
                      correct me if I'm wrong, but draining current means discharging right??
                      i would interpret is as yes.....but the "discharge" is more or less auto and it works only when using balance charge mode.

cheers!

Comment

Hmm... hell cares what it means.
                        It charges my lipo to my expectation and I give it a

Comment

yup...this charger deserves

Comment

Ok next I am going to try to use Lipo Charge instead of Balance Charge, using Dean connectors or Jst connectors. Pls correct me if I"m wrong below
                            1. If lipo is unbalance say 4.0V / 4.05V / 4.0V, and I charge it using dean.
                            2. The centre lipo will overcharge as to meet the 12.6V cutoff, the outcome will be, if all cells at even current charge, be 4.183V / 4.233V / 4.183V.
                            3. This means the 2nd cell will be overcharged while the 1st & 3rd will be undercharged.

Meaning, we must ensure all the cells are even voltage before using dean to charge. But even if it is even, IF the charge's measurement is inaccurate, it may reflect certain cell as lower or higher in voltage, resulting in cells being overcharged to reach the 12.6V cutoff.

??? Is this logical???

Comment

I'm pretty sure the charger discharges the lipo if it is overcharged, i.e. > 4.2v/cell. I saw it happen.

ANyway it's an excellent charger. I use the balance charging whenever possible. There's no reason not to use it!

Comment

I tink the guys meant to discharge the lipo till flat like to discharge a Sub C cell.

601 has this discharge function to discharge lipo till flat. I'm using the 601.

Comment

Working...
                                X