Visit Zenmtech at rc.zenmtech.com

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DN power lipo bloated

hi,

I've just charged two of my lipo cells for my cx2, stored it for a week... and one of my DN pack become bloated (not alot) but you can feel it by squeezing on both sides..... I think with air/liquid...... I can still fly with it.. till it drains.. but I won't charge it again... I think it may explode .... anyway of knowing if the cell it already bad? or can there be any rescue for such situation? maybe I will dispose of it..

here's the attached a blur picture..

"Slow down and enjoy life. It's not only the scenery you miss by going too fast, you also miss the sense of where you are going and why."

did u balance charge?
    Helis
    Logo 500 3D

Once upon a time , there were frequency pins , flybars and nitros...

Comment

Originally posted by Heli_fanatic
      did u balance charge?

yes, charged it with a balancer...
      "Slow down and enjoy life. It's not only the scenery you miss by going too fast, you also miss the sense of where you are going and why."

Comment

Hi,

i'm having that problem too.. cause my heli is down, i left the batt untouched for about a week or so. bloated like yours. but when me charge it again, it goes back to normal. using hyperion 5i and lba 10 balancer.

Comment

this is my experience with lipos. minor bloating, especially after a rigorous flight, tends to disappear after the batt is recharged. it may or may not come back.

however, if the cell was already fully charged, and you accidentally charge it some more, sometimes the balancer doesn't detect properly resulting in overcharging and permanent bloating.

minor bloating, can use la! just that the voltage/capacity may be a little less.
          i use my lipo until really v bloated then throw..haha. not recommended though

Comment

haha,... thanks hua..

then it should be norm.... will recharge and see if it's explode...haha

Comment

one thing would like to highlight about using balancer.

before the charge, take a while to check if the lipo is too
              out of balance. refer to you manual on that part.

if way out of balance, do an "offline" balance before charging.
              0.2v is consider badly out of balanced.

for example, if your pack is a 2s 2000mah, you set your charger
              at 1C = 2A, your balancer will not be able to discharge quick enough,
              some charger will just detect a full charge as long as 7.4v is detected,
              leaving you with an unbalanced pack.

Its a Great day, lets fly, crawl, and fight.

XRB SR Lama
              Robotis Bioloid
              Robot Bear

<a href="http://asherong.sg">http://asherong.sg</a>

Comment

Why don't you try AirThunder LiPo Batt

I got no problem with this so far with this batt. Great product. Hope you will enjoy the new LiPo too.

Ah San

Comment

Air Thunder Lipo

Originally posted by ahsanheli
                  I got no problem with this so far with this batt. Great product. Hope you will enjoy the new LiPo too.

Ah San

Last weekend, I saw people flying Mini Titan with these batt, seem powerful if compare to Thunder Tiger Lipo batt. Not bloated even flied below 9V! Not that hot too.

Comment

dn packs seem prone to bloating
                    For sale

trex 700/ 12mm main shaft swash leveller. carbon type $22 only new

Comment

Lipo battery Bloated again....

I brought 2 packs 3 Cell 1500Mah DN Lipos, both bloated after just a few charges. One of the cell in my 3 cell just went dead after flight while 2 other cells in it still hold 3.3V charge. I suspect it may not be 20C as claimed. Most of the user I spoke to experienced similar problems. I have since threw both of them away for fear that it might blow up in my house with kids running around.

I learned my lesson well - "penny wise pound foolish" by going for cheaper Lipos that don't last. I never had a problem with Kokam Lipos but costly la, it is overpriced but the stuff Kokam produce live up to its reputation. A great alternative I found is Hyperion Litestorm VX Lipos www.Aircraft-World, which I now use exclusively for all my planes , tough as a nail and hold it charge very well after many flights. Cost a little more but well worth the extra $$$.

Perhaps you should read the Hyperion specs on its performance

Originally posted by johndyl
                      dn packs seem prone to bloating

Comment

for dn packs that bloat after a few charges, u can actually bring in to the shop for a change..
                        For sale

Comment

Well, I did try to return it but was told I didn't know how to charge it properly, they just put it on low Mah slow charge and return it to me, after flying, it just bloat again , just to much trouble to keep returning to the shop. I have since given up.

Originally posted by johndyl
                          for dn packs that bloat after a few charges, u can actually bring in to the shop for a change..

Comment

Originally posted by Wally
                            Well, I did try to return it but was told I didn't know how to charge it properly, they just put it on low Mah slow charge and return it to me, after flying, it just bloat again , just to much trouble to keep returning to the shop. I have since given up.
                            wa which shop huh..?

next time can also write to DN directly..

my friend brought back 2 DN packs to a LHS and they agreed to exchange new packs for him.

i had 2 align paks that bloated after abt 3 weeks, align also agreed to take them back..
                            For sale

Comment

I have 4 packs of DN 3S 20Cs and they all bloat in the same way after a couple of charges (balanced). But i am still using them as their performance doesn't seemed to be affected by the slight bloat.

I am thinking of changing to another brands to see if it bloats as well...

Comment

Working...
                              X