Collapse

Visit Zenmtech at rc.zenmtech.com

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

dealer support?

Any inputs from the local DN batts dealer? Radio control sports?

Comment

Use ThunderPower the best lah!

I oso got this problem after 10-20 cycles.

Same speed and flight time on ThunderPower, only warm.

So, I recommend use ThunderPower.
      Tx: Futaba T6XA 29MHz
      Planes in service
      ArtTech Cessna 182, 2nd;Self-Built Flying Wing, 2nd;GWS Formosa I, 2nd;GWS eStarter, 2nd; Interceptor EP, 2nd; World Model, Melting EP

Nitro
      Sonic 30 size High Wing

Others
      GWS DHC Beaver;EPP Mustang P51;
      BAT Flying Wing; HoneyBee FP: Hanger, still learning to fly

Scrapped
      Hacker El-Bandito

Boats in service
      Negotiator;Destroyer Yamato (tribute to Temannis)

Comment

johndyl, not sure where the revo packs are made in. Only know they are from Sky Hobbies. Can't be bothered to return them. Since I already used them for around 12 cycles. So not exactly new.

Hmm... for me also I think I stored them fully charged most of the time. So Joe might be on to something here.
        -Feda Dragonfly
        -Hornet 2
        -Pilot OK Turmeric
        -Zoom Zoom 4D
        -Sceadu EVO 50: OS50, Hatori521, Revmax,
        -Hornet X3D
        -Hornet X3D (yet to setup!)
        -Formosa 1
        -World Models Spot On 50
        -HB King 2
        -World Models Groovy 50 F3A
        -RICCS F18 EDF

Controlled by 9CHP
        (Temasek Poly AMIG)

Comment

Originally posted by Fit
          johndyl, not sure where the revo packs are made in. Only know they are from Sky Hobbies. Can't be bothered to return them. Since I already used them for around 12 cycles. So not exactly new.

Hmm... for me also I think I stored them fully charged most of the time. So Joe might be on to something here.
          could be the same cells, revo, align, dn..........

i used my align batts(the new 22c ones) for about 10 cycles when they started to bloat. tried my luck and emailed them. They replied that they are aware of the problem and they accept returns, well lucky 4 me
          For sale

trex 700/ 12mm main shaft swash leveller. carbon type $22 only new

Comment

Originally posted by jazz8383
            Any inputs from the local DN batts dealer? Radio control sports?
            We have already raised our concerns to the factory and they are looking into the matter. Should there be any updates from them, it will be passed along here.

Jazz8383, where have u bought your DN batteries by the way?
            [I][SIZE="2"][B][COLOR="Red"]Radio Control Sports Pte Ltd[/COLOR][/SIZE][/I]

[url]http://www.radiocontrol-sports.com[/url]
            [url]http://www.facebook.com/RadioControlSports[/url][/B]

Comment

The thing that triggers me to think this way is my DN 4100mah pack. After being purchased, I only had used it to power up my new Freedom 20 which draws only 30amp max for less than 1 min total. I stored it for a few days at that state without any sign at all. I then proceed to charge it full and stored for a few days until I noticed to bloat.

It looks like the meaning of 'transportation' is the same meaning as prolong storage. At least, we are more or less sure that prolong storage of DN packs at fully charged state can cause the bloating. However, I doubt that the already bloated packs will 'deflate' at all. The already bloated packs have shown no sign of subsiding so far. I always store my FP Evo20 at full charge but yet to develope any sign of bloating. Looks like they are from different OEM afterall.

For sure, I'll avoid storing my Lipo packs at full charge from now on.

Comment

my dn power 2150mah 3s pack also.
                after about 5 flights, it started to bloat. but its still functional la and is probably around 20c rating as claimed, considering that when flying my trex with 12c 3E pack its hot(and bloats sometimes, but disappears after cooling and charging), 15c warbird pack its warm-hot, and the 20c dn power is just warm.

my policy is: bloated still can play. only if bloated until the starting power weak already then i chuck.

i wish people will bring in 3E 3s1p 2200mah lipo. will likely be pretty good, and survive bloats! my 3E 12c one already lasted me over 30 charges and still holding well despite the abuse.

Comment

Fire Hazard?

Hi guys,

Have been reading so many post about bloating batt, kind of worried about my kids at home now. Sorry if i ask some silly questions. How will a badly bloated battery behave? explode? catch fire? liquid spill all over the shop? will a unused battery just bloat up and catch fire in my cabinet? I do have some DN battery that is seldom use and i keep them charged before storage. So far i never experience any of my battery bloating but is kind of parenoid now.
                  Is there any proper channel or method that i can dispose off unwanted battery properly or i can just dump into my chute?

Thanks for the help.

Regards,
                  SF

Comment

Oh If that's the case then.. Some are 20C some are not mine runs so hot till it actually warp my Mini-T canopy.. and bloated like a balloon, and I have 2 of the same batt, and it only happen to one..

Originally posted by huasze
                    my dn power 2150mah 3s pack also.
                    after about 5 flights, it started to bloat. but its still functional la and is probably around 20c rating as claimed, considering that when flying my trex with 12c 3E pack its hot(and bloats sometimes, but disappears after cooling and charging), 15c warbird pack its warm-hot, and the 20c dn power is just warm.

my policy is: bloated still can play. only if bloated until the starting power weak already then i chuck.

i wish people will bring in 3E 3s1p 2200mah lipo. will likely be pretty good, and survive bloats! my 3E 12c one already lasted me over 30 charges and still holding well despite the abuse.

Comment

Originally posted by swift_freedom
                      Hi guys,

Have been reading so many post about bloating batt, kind of worried about my kids at home now. Sorry if i ask some silly questions. How will a badly bloated battery behave? explode? catch fire? liquid spill all over the shop? will a unused battery just bloat up and catch fire in my cabinet? I do have some DN battery that is seldom use and i keep them charged before storage. So far i never experience any of my battery bloating but is kind of parenoid now.
                      Is there any proper channel or method that i can dispose off unwanted battery properly or i can just dump into my chute?

Thanks for the help.

Regards,
                      SF
                      Call me "kia si", but I keep all my batt in a fireproof/waterproot case.

Its a Great day, lets fly, crawl, and fight.

XRB SR Lama
                      Robotis Bioloid
                      Robot Bear

<a href="http://asherong.sg">http://asherong.sg</a>

Comment

Disposal Of Lipo Batteries

For safety reasons, it’s best that
                        LiPo cells be fully discharged before disposal (however, if
                        physically damaged it is NOT recommended to discharge
                        LiPo cells before disposal - see below for details). The
                        batteries must also be cool before proceeding with disposal
                        instructions. To dispose of LiPo cells and packs:

1. If any LiPo cell in the pack has been physically damaged,
                        resulting in a swollen cell or a split or tear in a cell’s foil
                        covering, do NOT discharge the battery. Jump to step 5.

2. Place the LiPo battery in a fireproof container or bucket
                        of sand.

3. Connect the battery to a LiPo discharger. Set the discharge
                        cutoff voltage to the lowest possible value. Set the discharge
                        current to a C/10 value, with “C” being the capacity rating of
                        the pack. For example, the “1C” rating for a 1200mAh battery
                        is 1.2A, and that battery’s C/10 current value is (1.2A / 10)
                        0.12A or 120mA. Or, a simple resistive type of discharge load
                        can be used, such as a power resistor or set of light bulbs as
                        long as the discharge current doesn’t exceed the C/10
                        value and cause an overheating condition. For LiPo packs
                        rated at 7.4V and 11.1V, connect a 150 ohm resistor with a
                        power rating of 2 watts (commonly found at Radio Shack) to
                        the pack’s positive and negative terminals to safely discharge
                        the battery. It’s also possible to discharge the battery by
                        connecting it to an ESC/motor system and allowing the motor
                        to run indefinitely until no power remains to further cause the
                        system to function.

4. Discharge the battery until its voltage reaches 1.0V per cell
                        or lower. For resistive load type discharges, discharge the
                        battery for up to 24 hours.

5. Submerse the battery into bucket or tub of salt water. This
                        container should have a lid, but it does not need to be airtight.
                        Prepare a bucket or tub containing 3 to 5 gallons of cold
                        water, and mix in 1/2 cup of salt per gallon of water. Drop the
                        battery into the salt water. Allow the battery to remain in the
                        tub of salt water for at least 2 weeks.

6. Remove the LiPo battery from the salt water and place it in
                        the normal trash.

Its a Great day, lets fly, crawl, and fight.

XRB SR Lama
                        Robotis Bioloid
                        Robot Bear

<a href="http://asherong.sg">http://asherong.sg</a>

Comment

Working...
                        X