Zenm Tech Pte Ltd

Collapse

Visit Zenmtech at rc.zenmtech.com

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

End of the day, we pay for what we get!!

Well, I have a few DN (the end) batteries and they bloated after some time. I will only stick to thunderpower batteries from now onwards.
    In politics, there are no permanent friends or enemies only permanent interest - Lord Palmerston

Comment

Me in similar situation too......DN

So now I use TP & FP.
      After so many years, I am still a beginner

Comment

Wondering, DN batteries suck all time. Wat abt the DN Charger which Jet selling for $115. Does it suck also?
        In politics, there are no permanent friends or enemies only permanent interest - Lord Palmerston

Comment

Had similar experience with 2 x 3s1p 20c 1350mAh packs.

Rated current is 27A, my setup was <16A and limited to 5min runs. Also went easy on the throttle hoping to "break in" the packs over 1st few flts. Cells were measured to be balanced b4 and after flt. Charging was done via T15 and showed that ~500mAh was returned meaning i used less than 0.5C. Bloating became noticable on 3rd charge following the beforementioned procedures. Although, there is no noticable drop in performance bloating is not a good thing right?

Also, anyone realised that the specified weight of the packs is simply wt of bare cells times the no. of cells? My 3s weight in at 10+g more than expected... what to do, i get what i paid for Hopefully the newer brands appearing in our local RC scene live up to there specs.

Comment

guess china made cells are out..!

better to go for TP.FP. or polyquest
            For sale

trex 700/ 12mm main shaft swash leveller. carbon type $22 only new

Comment

Originally posted by ahsanheli
              I got no problem with this so far with this batt. Great product. Hope you will enjoy the new LiPo too.

Ah San

I begin to see increase subtle marketing from "2-3 members" for a particular brand lipo surfacing in this forum. If things are out of hand, we will not hesitate to remove any posting without prior notification.

Air thunder? I say go ahead and give it a try. If you are a legal entity and operating business, go ahead and do proper marketing.

If you want proven stuff then I say Thunder Power, Flight Power, PolyQuest, Hyperion all available locally from LHS / Registered Business entity.

Mike

Comment

Originally posted by HZM
                I begin to see increase subtle marketing from "2-3 members" for a particular brand lipo surfacing in this forum. If things are out of hand, we will not hesitate to remove any posting without prior notification.

Air thunder? I say go ahead and give it a try. If you are a legal entity and operating business, go ahead and do proper marketing.

If you want proven stuff then I say Thunder Power, Flight Power, PolyQuest, Hyperion all available locally from LHS / Registered Business entity.

Mike
                kinda noticed that too.. and they aint exactly cheap either..
                For sale

Comment

to add to the list..

I have two 3S 1350 packs. Both bloated after about 10-12 cycles. Its used on my Hornet which draws less than 12 amps, still within the battery spec. My other two Hornet batteries which are Revolutions didnt suffer the same fate despite being used for the same application as the DNs.

When they are not bloated, the power is fantastic. Now not so..
                  -Feda Dragonfly
                  -Hornet 2
                  -Pilot OK Turmeric
                  -Zoom Zoom 4D
                  -Sceadu EVO 50: OS50, Hatori521, Revmax,
                  -Hornet X3D
                  -Hornet X3D (yet to setup!)
                  -Formosa 1
                  -World Models Spot On 50
                  -HB King 2
                  -World Models Groovy 50 F3A
                  -RICCS F18 EDF

Controlled by 9CHP
                  (Temasek Poly AMIG)

Comment

revo is made in where huh...

ur dn packs can try to send back if still quite new i think
                    For sale

Comment

Okay guys, before more unneccesary unhappiness in this thread showing up again, why not let everyone contribute thier own experiences with the DN packs. Perhaps we can find a common cause to the bloating.

I personally own 3 DN packs; a 3S 2150mah, a 2S 1350mah and a 3S 4100mah, all 20C. I did not have any bloating of the 2150mah until recently. I have been flying only for a few flights. My 4100mah was okay when brand new but started to bloat only yesterday. It has not been used to fly any plane until today when I use it to maiden my new plane in semi-bloated state. My 1350mah was okay when just purchased but even in unused state, it has now showing some sign of bloating.

I started to piece together and found out that they have gone through a common process, done by myself. I'm not too sure whether this is the cause but if everyone who have the same problem, did the same as what I did, we can come up with solid conclusion.

All these packs has been stored fully charged for a few days before the bloating appears. The 1350mah was stored at fully charged state for only a day and it is not very obvious yet. None of these packs are subjected to extreme utilisation, charge and temperature, or even near to them. However, when I read the instructions again, there's a clause saying that these packs needs to be loaded to 10%-50% charge for transportation.

Although it did not mention about this phenomenon, I suspect this could be the problem and I quickly discharge a little power from each cell only today and I will continue to monitor the conditions.

I do not have this problem with any other Lipo packs, and this is new to me as well. Those who are having or had this problem, may like to confirm this.

Comment

Though it did not immediately come to my mind, i do store my packs fully charged over weekends when I will be doing some flying. You can say that my experience is similar to Joe's.

However, does "transportion" in the instructions = "storage"? How i understand it is that transportation refers to when they ship the lipos...

Comment

Yup, me too. I always fully charge my packs after flights and store them till the next flying session. But i still cannot understand how an unused, fully charged lipo packs can bloat when it's not used. I tot bloating only happens when the current drawn from the lipo pack are excessively higher than it's discharge rating?

Comment

Dn

Joe,
                            Similiar experience here. I also observe the bloating comes after a few charging cycles / storage (I charge my lipos and store sometimes up to half a week before flights).

A cautions to other DN users... maybe it is time to get those lipo safety bags.

Keep up the investigation. I'm also taking note here... Darn I didn't take note of the skimpy instructions that came with the batteries...

Leon

Comment

Yes, Joe. Interesting observation you have made. Do give an update if the bloating goes away if you keep the packs stored at 50% charged. That might be the key to the problem.

Cheers!

Comment

my align batts bloated after they were left on the shelf fully charged for 1 week. Guess the cells are probably similar/OEMed from the same plant??

However, my FP batts charged and stored for the same duration, used for more flights, were in perfect condition.

even if storing(for a few days) at a fully charged state was the cause of the bloating of the DN cells, I personally still feel that it is unacceptable. It just shows that even though the batts are slightly cheaper, they are still not worth the price we paid because of their lack of quality (and probably "mislabelling" of C ratings as well..)

I rather pay another $30/batt to save me the headaches and trouble.
                                For sale

Comment

Working...
                                X