Collapse

Visit Zenmtech at rc.zenmtech.com

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Doraemon
    Hope X34 was not the one who purchased the 6S2P 4400mAH lipo "club sandwich" pack

Doraemon

X34 can rewire it to 12s1p@2200mAH

Then use a USD 500 Shultz ESC and go for the world record of 120.7 MPH

Click link for video of the 2003 World Record attempt by RC Boat

It is going to be scorching at PP on 10 June

Hey I have one 6S2P in my TREX
    Gone Gas...but Petrol went UP !!!
    now burning NITRO !!!

Comment

Boy, i hate to be running against you guys on the 10th hope those boats can corner as well as scorch in a straight line (after all, it WILL be an oval course!)
      If in doubt - add more horsepower!

Comment

Boy, i hate to be running against you guys on the 10th hope those boats can corner as well as scorch in a straight line (after all, it WILL be an oval course!)
        Use a big Turn Fin or Double Turn Fins, since it is a clockwise circuit HEHEHEH
        Gone Gas...but Petrol went UP !!!
        now burning NITRO !!!

Comment

The latest World Record
          140+ mph

At those speed, it is impossible to turn.

In the early days of Lipo - the 'C' were very low, so have to stack them 3p or 4p or 5p to get the amps. These days, 4000mah 20C draw is so easy- just 1p will do and cheaper too.

Anyway, will try to race in all 3 ep classes.

BTW Herman, how many heats each class is expected to run? For EP we need to prepare the batt.

Comment

Originally posted by X34
            BTW Herman, how many heats each class is expected to run? For EP we need to prepare the batt.
            Thanks for asking the question James... it's an important question for the EP racers.

We will keep the number of heats for the EP classes to a minimum so racers do not have to break the bank on batteries. The number of heats for a particular EP class will ultimately depend on the number of boats registered and entered into that class on race day. Given that a maximum of 6 boats will be competing in any EP heat, if we have 12 entries in the 12 Cell/4S class, 2 separate heats will be run (racers to be grouped by random draw) and the top 3 finishers in each heat will compete in a final heat to decide the winner of that class. If we have 18 entries, 3 heats involving 6 boats will be run and the top 2 finishers in each heat will compete in a final heat to decide the class winner. We will be flexible in our approach because the number of entries are unlikely to be exact factors of 6, but ultimatley, the competing considerations of racer/spectator safety (related to a racer's ability to see his/her boat through all the rooster tails and spray ), minimising hull to hull contact (this would be inevitable in a racing scenario but we still want to keep all such contact "accidental" ) and keeping the number of batteries required on the day to a minimum (e.g. no more than 2 sets).

I suggest that a week before the race, we ask participants to indicate on this thread the classes they intend to run on the day so we can guage the numbers.

For nitro and gas boats, a max of 5 boats will be allowed to run in a particular heat (NParks Regs), but the above principles will still apply.

Comment

Originally posted by PCC
              Hi BL look like they can fit and power my washing machine.

Ching Chong
              ....maybe they WERE from his turbo washing machine !

X34, .....have not met you in person, .....Sorry for the laugh on your expense ......just couldn't resist, especially with a joker like PCC !
              Seriously running out of ...Storage space !

Comment

Ghostfit,

No problems, it doesn't matter where the motor comes from - as long as it is fast. Actually, the motor came from a powered wheel chair

Comment

Ai ai ai .... me desparately trying to fix up mini boat in time. Currently no flexdrive - went to JH thinking of getting the predator part as an equivalent but no more stock.

When desparate may just use piano wire or hardware shop wire - but may end up with stranded boat instead.

Comment

Order from overseas now, there are still two weeks plus to the race day. Should be shipped in within a week unless u ordering from West Africa where shipping will take up to a mth!!!

Comment

Can put this in the calendar ? so i can go watch.. Norm users cannot add to CAL..

I only see birthdays..
                      Need Australian/Italian Wines ? PM Me...

Comment

Originally posted by Mavvy
                        Can put this in the calendar ? so i can go watch.. Norm users cannot add to CAL..

I only see birthdays..
                        I didn't even know about the DH calendar until you pointed it out

But HZM sure works fast... date already marked

Comment

Originally posted by PCC
                          Ai ai ai .... me desparately trying to fix up mini boat in time. Currently no flexdrive - went to JH thinking of getting the predator part as an equivalent but no more stock.

When desparate may just use piano wire or hardware shop wire - but may end up with stranded boat instead.
                          Use your mouse to click click click OSE fast... and tell Steve V it's an emergency

Comment

Originally posted by PCC

ehh ....bro, bicycle's brake wire can anot ? ...it's quite flexible wat ?

Just curious, ...Which mini boat ? ....for which race class ?

Comment

Originally posted by X34
                              Ghostfit,

No problems, it doesn't matter where the motor comes from - as long as it is fast. Actually, the motor came from a powered wheel chair
                              Ah ! ....that explains the angry handicap person I saw the other day at PP, who was pushing his motorised wheel chair !

Sorry ! .....mix around with PCC to much aredi !

Comment

I didn't even know about the DH calendar until you pointed it out

But HZM sure works fast... date already marked
                                Wah... I didn't even send him a PM..

AWESOME man !!
                                Need Australian/Italian Wines ? PM Me...

Comment

Working...
                                X