Collapse

Visit Zenmtech at rc.zenmtech.com

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by HeLiCrAz
    Joe....I also want leh.Flyers....as u noticed,Joe built only 6 pcs.So I suggest pls submit ur name

1. HeLiCrAz

In case you haven't noticed, you're not the first in line... You're probably like the 6th or 7th....
    F5D Stratair Viper Triple Carbon
    F5D Stratair Demon
    F5D Jibe
    Jiri Bachinski Escape Pylon
    Voodoo S400
    Kyosho Phantom 70 Reno racer
    La Racer 56

Comment

Hi guys, hold your horse

Shall we allow Joe more room to complete this report on the Bug Micro HLG first ?

Regards

Mike

Comment

Wah! Siao liao! What have I done???!!!!

Comment

!
          This is hilarious.
          Joe, looks like you will need alot of tea breaks.

Thanx!
          SLOPE SOARING NOT A CRIME

The irresistible desire, for the irresistibly desired

Multiplex Royal Evo 12 user, and Proud of it.

Comment

By the way, the first 2 models are for Johnnie and myself. Only 4 models to let go later. Gimme a break, I'd just came back from work after night shift.

Comment

Originally posted by plug&fly
              Any chance of me getting one. This will be my first foray into unpowered gliding or soaring. Please, please please. Been away from the computer for the past week and missed out on the nano falcon orders. Well let me know.
              Don't worry, Chekgu. I ordered 2 Nano Falcons. I can let go one of them to you if you wish.

Comment

Originally posted by joe yap
                By the way, the first 2 models are for Johnnie and myself. Only 4 models to let go later. Gimme a break, I'd just came back from work after night shift.
                Hehe, just kidding.
                In the end you're just doing these at your own time and leisure. Thats what it is all about.

Thanx!
                SLOPE SOARING NOT A CRIME

The irresistible desire, for the irresistibly desired

Multiplex Royal Evo 12 user, and Proud of it.

Comment

Wah! Siao liao! What have I done???!!!!
                  U had just became "Singapore Idol" in the forum everyone wants you now

Keep us posted how it fly

Cheers

Mike

Comment

All I can say is.....

thanks for sharing all the information

is really an interesting and simple project to work on...

good for coming holiday period....

me go buy material liao....

btw plan to mod to motor drive.....no confidence to launch like that

later plane go up with one wing only

Comment

Joe,

U r the man!!!

Those of u who r able to get Joe's hand made craft should appreciate the hardwork he put into it. His workmanship is top notch.

Lucky, I'm not into gliders or planes if not I'll want one also.

Comment

Free plans can be downloaded here on this website.

Click on this : http://www.planet.nl/%7Espijk382/BUG.zip
                        Thanks for the link.

Cheers
                        Adnan
                        Take what you've got and fly with it - Jim Henson
                        ... no plane will allow a pilot to recover from stupid. You still have to do those piloty things... - Joe Wurts
                        Electric things run on smoke. Let the smoke out and they won't work.

sigpic

Comment

Hi Joe,

could you pls post more pic of the part when you join the 2 CF spars? Also, what is the LE material/dimension?

Maybe with enough details, more of us could build our own Bug Thanks for sharing!

Comment

Originally posted by gEcky
                            Hi Joe,

could you pls post more pic of the part when you join the 2 CF spars? Also, what is the LE material/dimension?

Maybe with enough details, more of us could build our own Bug Thanks for sharing!
                            Good questions. The plans never mention what is the material for the LE, but the article in the RCM says the materials used on the wings are only balsa and CF. So, I assumed that it is 1/8" balsa dowels. As in most construction articles I ever came across, all materials are considered balsa unless specified.

Anyway, I've searched high and low for the 1/8" dowel to no avail. I ended up using 1/8" square balsa sticks,and carve thier corners and sand the entire length to round. Works for me.

As for the CF spar joining, they are never really joined together. After building the 2 wings, they are simply butt joint together at the root ribs with epoxy. A strip of lightweight fibreglasscloth will be installed at the bottom of the joint and wrap around the LE to about 1/2" back of the upper wing joint.

Comment

Originally posted by loyn
                              All I can say is.....

thanks for sharing all the information

is really an interesting and simple project to work on...

good for coming holiday period....

me go buy material liao....

btw plan to mod to motor drive.....no confidence to launch like that

later plane go up with one wing only
                              Good move! But you may need to enlarge the fuselage pod a little. Anyway, micro plane experts like you shouldn't have much problem with that. Get building man, it's addictive. I got my 3/16" and 1/8" CF ube from Jet Hobby. I think Moh has only 1 last 3/16" CF rod.

Comment

Dlg???

wei yao, are u going to put a launch peg on the tip??? if so can i tag along n see u discus it?? i saving up for XP5 digital setup... so cannot afford to pay joe... see u launch i happy liao

For building is 1/2 the fun of this hobby

Comment

Working...
                                X