Zenm Tech Pte Ltd

Collapse

Visit Zenmtech at rc.zenmtech.com

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Another safe way to fly....... go back to Nicd.....

Comment

you might want to extend the wires going to the charger and put the charger further away. this will save your charger.

Comment

Hi Ryan, glad to hear that your parent's house didn't burn down, you must be pretty shook up
        Loyn, i definitely want to stick to nicads/nimh once i venture into electric, it's still cheaper to buy them and solder them myself, all my helis and planes' batteries are done this way.
        I'm just glad nothing more serious happen to anyone or property!
        Ryan, I've got a bottle of car wax, you want to use it to at least do something about that floor

Comment

hey thanks!
          how do i use that to repair the floor?

sand paper the burnt wood and polish it with wax?

Comment

U might want to sand off those burn mark and then if the wood material gone, replace/fill it with those wood filler. U can get those from any DIY/Handifix shop. After u apply it and dry, then apply wood paint over it. The the final touch up will be using wood wax.

Super-Hornet

Comment

Ryan, buy Grit 800 and 1000 sandpaper from hardware shop, lightly sand the wood floor with 800 first then 1000 to really make it smooth, hold the sandpaper with your fingers, don't use a wood block or too much force, you don't want to dig a hole! If the damaged floor is only on the surface then you are lucky, if it is deeper then really have to use wood filler to cover it up, hope that helps, then use any polish to polish the surface to make it blend with the rest of the floor, if all goes well and successful, You can build a balsa kit plane already! Cheers!

Comment

Originally posted by Ryan
                yea last night i set it at 300ma.
                this morning after checking no probs and the voltage was at acceptable range around 8-9v. i set it at 1500ma to charge.

yes using the ac-dc adapter seen in the pic.
                Ryan, Thanks for sharing the incident with the forum. I hope u have recovered from the incident because I about to lay one on you here

Lipo capacity between 0 and 3V is about 2% or less, u charge overnight at 300mah and recover to 9V. something very wrong already. By charging 300mah into a 1500mah pack for one hour the voltage must recover from 0 to 3.5V otherwise something is very wrong.

Secondly, such rescue mission must be done fully attended.

AC/DC power supply are not suitable for DC chargers, they do leak ac current to the dc output side. And it can affect the charger performance.

Don't mean to rub u, just using your incident.

James

Comment

Originally posted by loyn
                  Another safe way to fly....... go back to Nicd.....
                  You know what, that is what I just did, when back to Nicad and Metal Hydr.

For my Lipos, now in a super thick steel box hidden under the concrete stairs with nothing around it within 1 m Radius....

I am trying to explore, AAA nicads with high capacity, and hopefully just weighing a little more then the Lipos.

Any thoughts or cells recommendation for light and good Nicads..?
                  Regards

Comment

Since I started to use Lipo about a year ago, I never look back and I don't want to spend time cycling the nicad/nimh batt.

I follow these additional rules when using my Lipos.

a. Always check individual cell voltage for balance and rebalance them when needed.
                    b. Charge <1c if not in hurry.
                    c. Use esc max continous amps rating less than or equal to the lipo countinous C rating.
                    d. Try not to fly till LVC.

Todate, I have lost only 2 cells due to impact damage.

JAmes

Comment

Working...
                    X