This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Attaching picture using forum software

I had received many enquiry asking on attaching pics using the forum software The forum software will automatically generate thumbnail so that viewing member can decide if they want to click to view the bigger version. In this way, we can improve the loading time and also save some bandwidth.

This is how it goes:-

On clicking a "New Thread" / Reply, you will come to the first screen inwhich you type in the content. Right below, you should see under "Additional Options" >>>>> "Manage Attachments" Click on it and it will pop up w another small window. Click on "Browse" and locate the pic in your local drive to attach. Once you are done, click the "Upload" button and submit your new thread or reply.

Take note the file size limit using the forum software for attaching pics is 200kb.

Mike

Now still got instruction manual on forum features. But I tot tis function was there long long ago liao.

Comment

It seems that there are still a lot of ppl out there that dont know how to resize photos that are too big. Let me write down the steps to resize ur photos to be posted up on the forum.

1) For Windows XP users. click on the link below

this software is a Microsoft Windows XP software free of charge which not many ppl know. The software is build into ur shortcut mouse right click key to resize jpeg photos.

2) Install the program

3) now u can start by resizing any photo to any size u like by right clicking ur mouse on any photo or selected bunch of photos and click RESIZE PICTURES.

4) Choose the resolution u needed. Normally 640 x 800 for this forum. Than resize ... there are advance option that it will overwrite ur current file.

5) Walah ... that's all ... u can post up ur resized photo up to this forum.
      ------------------------------------

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Comment

Using Image hosting server (simple version)

This is a simple version of using an image hosting server for picture.

In this example, ImageShack's free image hosting service is used, there are a lot more free server around, just do a search.
        Remarks: Do take note of your pic size, for your reference, the below flower pic measure 427 x 320 pixels.

this is a pic file also

Result of Code 1:

Result of Code 2:

Result of Direct link:

My wife drew that flower
        Good Luck.

Its a Great day, lets fly, crawl, and fight.

XRB SR Lama
        Robotis Bioloid
        Robot Bear

<a href="http://asherong.sg">http://asherong.sg</a>

Comment

Originally posted by HZM
          I had received many enquiry asking on attaching pics using the forum software The forum software will automatically generate thumbnail so that viewing member can decide if they want to click to view the bigger version. In this way, we can improve the loading time and also save some bandwidth.

This is how it goes:-

On clicking a "New Thread" / Reply, you will come to the first screen inwhich you type in the content. Right below, you should see under "Additional Options" >>>>> "Manage Attachments" Click on it and it will pop up w another small window. Click on "Browse" and locate the pic in your local drive to attach. Once you are done, click the "Upload" button and submit your new thread or reply.

Take note the file size limit using the forum software for attaching pics is 200kb.

Mike
          Hi HMZ..
          didn't able to see the "Additional Options" >>>>> "Manage Attachments" option for posting new thread in market place today...

Comment

Originally posted by pilot_bear
            This is a simple version of using an image hosting server for picture.

In this example, ImageShack's free image hosting service is used, there are a lot more free server around, just do a search.
            Remarks: Do take note of your pic size, for your reference, the below flower pic measure 427 x 320 pixels.

this is a pic file also
            Sorry, the example file was corrupted

btw, why is this post in the Off Topic section, would The Picture House be better?

Its a Great day, lets fly, crawl, and fight.

XRB SR Lama
            Robotis Bioloid
            Robot Bear

<a href="http://asherong.sg">http://asherong.sg</a>

Comment

ok, u get it when u suggest it

Comment

Any free pic resize software for vista?
                YOu FLy, You CRASH, YOU LEARN..

Mini Titan
                JGF500th
                CC45
                Hitec 65HB x 3
                Futaba 9257
                Futaba GY401
                [U]colco lama v5[COLOR=Red]][COLOR=SandyBrown]
                Align Trex600N Pro

JR PCM 9X II
                e-STATION BC6
                kong lipo
                Dualsky
                ace RC
                x TREAM

Comment

Any free pic resize software for vista?
                  YOu FLy, You CRASH, YOU LEARN..

Mini Titan
                  JGF500th
                  CC45
                  Hitec 65HB x 3
                  Futaba 9257
                  Futaba GY401
                  [U]colco lama v5[COLOR=Red]][COLOR=SandyBrown]
                  Align Trex600N Pro

JR PCM 9X II
                  e-STATION BC6
                  kong lipo
                  Dualsky
                  ace RC
                  x TREAM

Comment

I just found and installed this program "fotosizer" ... for attachment I'll size to Preset size of 800x600 and the file size will be about 100kb to 50kb each. Below are the outcome when I attach

Comment

Ops.. for Vista....
                      Fotosizer Vista download - Batch Image resizing made easy - Best Free Vista Downloads - Free Vista software download - freeware, shareware and trialware downloads.

Comment

Originally posted by HotDogBun
                        I just found and installed this program "fotosizer" ... for attachment I'll size to Preset size of 800x600 and the file size will be about 100kb to 50kb each. Below are the outcome when I attach
                        Bro you shound't post your dynamites on DH esp now theres terrorist tension leh....
                        Practice makes permanent. Perfect practice makes perfect.

Comment

Seriously... my next A123 pack I intend to make them into 3S each or what... 6s in one pack looks abit zzz .... I won't blame mata if they pin me down on the ground when I hold it in my hand ...

Comment

wah HDB...your heli getting bigger ah....
                            Punggol Field Walk - Precision Landing Required!

Comment

Working...
                            X