Zenm Tech Pte Ltd

Collapse

Visit Zenmtech at rc.zenmtech.com

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

pls becareful...no need to scale building...thank you for the effort.

I think no need to fly plane to check wind. The grd level wind must be strong enough to at least mess up ladies hair (long sort) to be consider good enough.
    If you can feel the wind and think wind is strong enough to blow away pieces of a4 size paper rather swiftly...pls give me a shout...

thank you buddy.

cheers

ps by the way do you fly glider?

Comment

well

there might be a posibility i might fly a glider it all depends on our brother fit haha.. and i was right its rained today
      *^(HOKAGE PHOENIX)^*
      Coming soon:
      f-18 ?
      TEMASEK POLYTECHNIC (AMIG)

Comment

Ladies and Gentlemen....The season is here!

I was at the slope with Dennis yesterday, The wind was exactly 90 degrees to the slope, costant 10-12 kts occasionally gusting 15-17. The haze has almost cleared.

I flew a powered glider initially but ended up going home to take my ASK-21. It flew nicely. Good to fly her again after almost a year.

However, the crow community has almost tripled....becareful or droppings!! got hit twice.!

The trees also started 'eating planes' there was a glider stuck up in the tree, and congratulation to Dennis to recover his plane...beware all rudder ship!

See you at the slope, have to get back to my DG 1000!!!

Comment

yah man its here

the wind at tp is super strong roughl;y around 12-1 the strongest .
          *^(HOKAGE PHOENIX)^*
          Coming soon:
          f-18 ?

Comment

Yah right, went down this afternoon and the wnd is blowing all the way from the left.

Comment

err..

Originally posted by joe yap
              Yah right, went down this afternoon and the wnd is blowing all the way from the left.
              err is that good or bad ?? i only was saying the wind was strong i had no idea about the directions though
              *^(HOKAGE PHOENIX)^*
              Coming soon:
              f-18 ?

Comment

Originally posted by nistelroy
                err is that good or bad ?? i only was saying the wind was strong i had no idea about the directions though
                good if you want to donate your plane to the grabbing trees to the right!

Joe message me if you find good winds there ;)

Comment

Hi Kenny,

Long time no see. Unfortunately, Windguru predicts that the following week is totally hopeless for slope soaring. Let'l spend the next week building something for better times.

Comment

Originally posted by nistelroy
                    It's not just the wind that makes slope soaring possible. If you are thinking about just wind alone, I can gurantee that your glider will land sooner after launching than during a calm day.

Lift is created when the wind blows directly across a steep slope, when it it starts to vector some of it's velocity upwards. It sounds very simple if it's just being explained in 2 dimensional form. However in real life, the wind also travel sideways. If the slope has a convex slope, some of the wind blowing across it will flow sideways, thus reducing the lift produced. For a concave slope will channel the wind inwards and much of the wind velocity will be concentrated in the area, which produces a lot of lift. To make it worst, wind speeds and directions changes from time to time, even during the peak of the monsoon season. As such, the lift 'pockets' will not be at the same spot all the time, and most people will keep thier planes flying all over to find the best possible spot for lift. When the wind starts to blow at any angle other than dead straight, the lift will drop drastically.

Comment

Originally posted by joe yap
                      Hi Kenny,

Long time no see. Unfortunately, Windguru predicts that the following week is totally hopeless for slope soaring. Let'l spend the next week building something for better times.
                      Hiya Joe!
                      yep been a while, seems like we meet like once a year at the slope.

Not been flying alot lately due to some new flyers indicipline at different areas.

hmm... i am thinking of getting Ready to fly one..
                      the DG 1000 looks like a good deal.
                      http://www.aerosmith-hobby.com/ <- look under the DG-1000 yummy!

I still have a filip 600 nib... sigh...

Comment

Hey kenny!
                        long time no see man, the DG1k is not bad of a deal. I have one too, straight from hk. But like other NIBs, i hevent touched it yet, lazy.

Thanx!
                        SLOPE SOARING NOT A CRIME

The irresistible desire, for the irresistibly desired

Multiplex Royal Evo 12 user, and Proud of it.

Comment

Today, 14/11/2006 as of 1430.

Bedok reservoir is flying condition. wind is almost straight towards the slope a little from the right. wind about 8kts gusting 13kts. good enough for powered glider and scale gliders with wing loading below 12oz/sqft approx....

have fun, to all those who can fly during the weekdays.

cheers

Comment

What about morning wind? cause like afternoon always seems to rain
                            TX:2 Sanwa Quasars , Futaba 9C super (heli)
                            Gliders :JW 54 , Sprinter , Flip400 (unbuilt)
                            Planes: Jumping Jack,,Zoom 4D,IFO, magic 3d,
                            Helis:Feda,Zap 400

Comment

1330 19/nov

wind is good about 15-gusting 20 kts almost straight onto the slope slightly from the left.

Good enough for all gliders.

However looming rain clouds...slight drizzle half an hour ago.

Will be heading down at about 5 pm.

Cheers.
                              Kevin

Comment

1720 19/nov

Wind have swung around to southerly....

better luck tomorrow.

cheers...staying home having a glass of wine.

Comment

Working...
                                X