• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

irobot cleaner

anyone use this little robot before?
    any advise?

the watre cleaning one looks cool
    i'm a rc sotong. And i know nuts about it.

This is the story I heard.. not sure if it is true..

This guy (in another country) bought a unit.
    First day he find his house very clean...
    there after he found his house is not clean.
    But on days when he is home.. the unit seems to work fine.

He send his unit for service.. found nothing wrong.
    Ran out of ideas, he put a camera running at home to video while he is out..

This is what he saw on his video capture...
    His pet cat was chasing it.. and whenever the unit detects the cat.. it will turn around. Gradually, the unit "thinks" there are so much obstacle in the home.. it can't clear anywhere and it returns to its home base...
    huh

Comment

ooo
      i was thinking of buying one... for self cleaning when onone is at home
      i'm a rc sotong. And i know nuts about it.

Comment

Saw it in USA. Thinking of buying it... . The newer ones come with washing function. But for higher price. Soon my new house will have one of these hahaha.
        Once I saw someone brought it in (1st version) in Great World City basement. Selling quite exp. If someone bought it can post the reviews???
        Juz crossed over to the DUCT side!

Flying: P-51 Mustang, Corsair, F4 Phantom, Beaver(GF's), TigerMoth(GF's)
        Slope Glider: E-Hawk 1500
        Still in Box: Formosa, Zero Fighter, Me 109
        Things to Sell:
        - T-rex 450XL NIB
        - Nano Falcon(not build yet)

- Speed 370 motor with JST connector & Spur gear $5, PM me

Comment

Originally posted by Crabby
          Saw it in USA. Thinking of buying it... . The newer ones come with washing function. But for higher price. Soon my new house will have one of these hahaha.
          Once I saw someone brought it in (1st version) in Great World City basement. Selling quite exp. If someone bought it can post the reviews???

Yar lor.. especially those with kids that leave toys everywhere at home...
          my home is a mine field... really wonder if this thing will work in such condition...
          huh

Comment

I'm impressed with the irobot Scooba and written to the Singapore agent to enquire more. It stated that it will be in this yr. Hope that its not gona be too expensive.

The Singapore site is : www.irobot.com.sg

Comment

Juz checked with local dealer...
              iRobot Scheduler $600+ (Got remote controller to program)
              iRobot Discovery $500+ (No remote but got charging base)
              Scooba coming in September (Dunno how much also got above features)
              Can get from Safe Superstores... was told that PC show it was in display also
              I still think US is cheaper... but gotto convert the power supply...to 240V

For general information, contact us at Tel: +65-65323733 Fax: +65-65334577,
              Or email us at enquiry@irobot.com.sg,
              Or write to us at our office at :
              Blk 34 Upper Cross Street #04-138
              Singapore 050034
              Juz crossed over to the DUCT side!

Flying: P-51 Mustang, Corsair, F4 Phantom, Beaver(GF's), TigerMoth(GF's)
              Slope Glider: E-Hawk 1500
              Still in Box: Formosa, Zero Fighter, Me 109
              Things to Sell:
              - T-rex 450XL NIB
              - Nano Falcon(not build yet)

- Speed 370 motor with JST connector & Spur gear $5, PM me

Comment

I got one, and happy with it. Only thing I change is the battery after ~3 years. I make the battery myself, is a lot cheaper.

Comment

How much did u get it for n which model?

Comment

Originally posted by nic
                    This is the story I heard.. not sure if it is true..

This guy (in another country) bought a unit.
                    First day he find his house very clean...
                    there after he found his house is not clean.
                    But on days when he is home.. the unit seems to work fine.

He send his unit for service.. found nothing wrong.
                    Ran out of ideas, he put a camera running at home to video while he is out..

This is what he saw on his video capture...
                    His pet cat was chasing it.. and whenever the unit detects the cat.. it will turn around. Gradually, the unit "thinks" there are so much obstacle in the home.. it can't clear anywhere and it returns to its home base...
                    Ha Ha that's a funny one maybe they should release a dog version to keep the cat at bay.
                    In fact robot vacuums have been in the market for a few years with many brands in the market. Prices can range from more than thousand dollars for the german/european made ones to a couple of hundred dollars for those from OEM factories in China. Can't really expect the robot vacuum to do a thorough job as compared to conventional vacuum as it doesn't actively seeks out the dust as if it has a dust sensor or something like that. What the robot does is to travel around randomly based on a pre-programmed logarithm in the firmware and hopefully it manages to overcome most obstacles and cover as much area in the room as possible But when used daily it helps to keep the dust level down in the house. I know cos I owned one hoping it will do my area cleaning for me but alas my wifey still insists that I vacuum manually once a week as she is not satisfied with the robot's standard of cleanlines. Damn!

Comment

irobot clone

Hello everyone!

The iRobot Roomba is a great product but price wise it's a little on the high side. My ex-boss is selling this clone right here in Singapore and they are the sole distributor here, if anybody wants it, I can get it for you at a slightly lower price.

CleanMate 365 QQ-1

I did the Video in exchange for a free sample

Of course, this clone is not as "smart" as the roomba as it works on analog logic rather than true smart programming, but it still gets the job done for much less and probably doesn't care about household pets. You do have to watch out for carpets with frilly ends as the rotating brush get caught easily. I removed mine and solved the problem and the robot still does a good job.

PM me if anyone's interested.

Comment

does it have a home base and can it return to its home base? The karcher one can return to its home base and empty its bin into its home base!

Comment

This is the first model and it doesn't have a home base, but they are trying to bring in the newer model from China which auto docks and self-recharges.

Honestly speaking, you get what you pay for and I think it is priced reasonably. There are a number of places selling the vacuum cleaner and I think the price ranges from $265 to almost $300, I believe I can get it for less than $250 (not confirmed I'll have to check it out first.)

You can view the actual product at OG orchard point and Albert Complex. I think they are selling it at $299.

Again those who are interested PM me.

Currently only the Grey colour models are available and only 2 red ones left. The advanced self docking model will arrive in Christmas, but price not set yet.

Comment

interesting. do let us know once the newer model with auto docks and self-recharges comes in.
                            sigpic

Comment

Okay, I'll keep you guys posted.

Comment

Working...
                              X