Collapse

Visit Zenmtech at rc.zenmtech.com

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Simple foam flyers to build

Well i have been surfing thru rcgroups for quite a while now and i've noticed some interesting models that just build simply and fly well enough without me leaving grip marks on my transmitter.

Bird-Dog

this one flies very nicely, more like a slow stick but even slower. gives me nearly 30min of flight on an antique 2s 1020
    Last edited by ammo; 02-09-2004, 09:38 AM.

now now how do i attach a pic from the other forums......

Comment

Fun Jet 50

I haven't maidened mine as the weather is kinda wet on my flying field, but i think it should fly well. I have tried the EDF 75 version before and it flies very well, i just don't like the feel of the weight.

Comment

All these i'm putting up have actually been flown by me, so in case anyone worries about flyability.

Cheap and light is the attracting factor for me on these planes. not to mention relaxing.

If u want something that pumps up the blood, don't bother.

Comment

Boeing Sonic Liner

For those of you who are interested in building the sonic liner that i flew last weekend, here's the thread for it.
          Last edited by ammo; 02-09-2004, 01:43 PM.

Comment

now i'm trying to decide which to bring on sunday, the funjet50 or bird-dog...
            for those living in yishun or nearby that doesn't have the transport to pick up the depron at art-friend, PM me, i have just picked up a carton a few days ago. the price there is $3.15 but i have to charge at $3.50 a piece for my taxi fares.

Comment

Here's how. If it's from ur com, u attach pics right? If it's an image on a webpage... just cut and paste the url of the pic into that box

Comment

bring the funjet 50 plssssss...... see enough prop and slow plane around already. BTW what is the thickness of those depron you got 3 or 5 mm

Comment

I tried that img tab but in the end it doesn't show up also

5mm, the art friend ones.
                  hehe, i'm not that good with the wire to produce clean 3mm cuts like you.

Comment

You need to save the pic found on the rcgroup into yr local drive and then use the "Attach file" function when u post reply.

The reason u cannot use the "img" link is bcos those pic are store at the rcgroup forum database.

Mike

Comment

I just hop over to the shop at Suntec to check the price just now.... (Hobby Point)

It ranges from $6.50 -> $35.xx
                      They have unpowered tiny foam gliders...
                      to large rubber band foam gliders (wing span = 1500mm)

plus many in between models.
                      huh

Comment

1.5 m rubber band glider......... man those rubber band must be real long and thick. May be can convert into an other type of pico stick indoor RC plane but for $35...... must well get a GWS plane kit like estarter. At least it will fly for sure.

Comment

nay.. it looks perfectly like a slope soaring glider... except for the rubber band power...

the wing looks similar to this glider... yes.. the wings are thick..

...oh.. it comes in a tiny elongated box... not plastic bag...
                          huh

Comment

Wooooo...... interesting well that will be much better looking than those selling at toys r us anyway. But if you want to put on the EDF may be a problem On the other hand nothing is improssible in the hand of daddyhobby

Comment

Ok thanks for the help! i will drop by, erm will go over to have a look at those gliders, hope i don't come back with more than 1.

i just came back from test flying my fun jet 50, it flies very well, but my flighttime is less than 1 min, the winds were blowing so strong that the flags are almost at full sail, wings were flopping up and down and since i didn't have any spar or tape on it, i decide to cut short the mission. hehhe i love the sound it makes~~~

Comment

Working...
                              X