Zenm Tech Pte Ltd

Collapse

Visit Zenmtech at rc.zenmtech.com

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That's nice.... Where did u get the voltmeter? Did u do it urself?
    Losers whine about their best. Winners date the Prom Queen.

Most people talk a lot, only few are up for the moment.

Suck Squeeze Bang Blow
    20,000 times a min

Comment

Originally posted by mathsinstrument
      That's nice.... Where did u get the voltmeter? Did u do it urself?
      Voltmeter got it from RS Singapore.Yup I mod it my self.
      EPP WARBIRD P51
      HS55
      Optic6

Comment

Originally posted by faiunie
        Voltmeter got it from RS Singapore.Yup I mod it my self.
        saw that you selling psu..how much will you charge for a psu like this??

Comment

Originally posted by awesome
          saw that you selling psu..how much will you charge for a psu like this??
          Hi awesome the MOD PSU in the pix u saw is not safe.Because after I burn it in the plastic casing is gettin hot and the temperature is not safe for the electronics.So I will change it to original PSU metal casing with the Digital Voltmeter.
          For the price I will PM you.
          EPP WARBIRD P51
          HS55
          Optic6

Comment

Guys, will I be able to use this IBM notebook adaptor for my IMAX B5? Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by simonwoo
              Guys, will I be able to use this IBM notebook adaptor for my IMAX B5? Thanks!
              I think can be used.....just limit your charge current to 3.5A, since the max current is 4.5A from the PS.
              For some people it's important to show what they have, for others it's sufficient to know that they have it.

Comment

Thanks for your reply bro. Yep I've started to use it already. Will limit my current to no more than 1C, just to be kiasu a bit. Cheers!

Comment

Good adivce.

Originally posted by Mad Armour
                  I think can be used.....just limit your charge current to 3.5A, since the max current is 4.5A from the PS.
                  Singapore RC Forum:

Comment

hi guys, need some help here on psu.

Just gotten 1 PC PSU from another seller. Comes with all the wirings, typical of a pc psu. Oso gotten an orion advantage charger whch requires a DC 12V input. Tested the psu the moment i rch hme n it is working fine. Seeing all the 'junk' wires whch i do not require, being the ignorant me, happily cut off the extras, leaving oni 1 black n 1 yellow whch churns out 12V 18A. Then, tested the psu, NOT WORKING!!! After closer inspection of the cut wires, i notice teres a big chunk of wires whch are bundled together with the black n green wire shorted. Then i tried to short the only green to all the black(1 by 1) but still to no avail. However, in the process of trial n error, the psu fan did move a little everytime i power on, but cannot boot up. Im dead sure nothing was shorted in the process. if my electronics memory did not fail me, all the black wires shld oni be ground whch esentially will not make any diff regardless of whch one i connect to the green. Wat cld be the potential prob?

will post some pics when i get hme. thanks.

Comment

pics as shown

[IMG][/IMG]
                      [IMG][/IMG]

Comment

Any kind souls who can help??

Comment

suspect you need a "load" for your psu.

try shorting the green wire to any black wire again.
                          do not use hand to hold it, solder and shrink tube is the best.

connect to your charger, or any "load/resistor" then power up again.
                          it should work. (try using a old 12v fan if uncomfortable using charger)

for safety reason,
                          bundle the same colour together then use same isolation tape
                          to cover the naked wires since they are expose outside the case.

Its a Great day, lets fly, crawl, and fight.

XRB SR Lama
                          Robotis Bioloid
                          Robot Bear

<a href="http://asherong.sg">http://asherong.sg</a>

Comment

Originally posted by pilot_bear
                            suspect you need a "load" for your psu.

try shorting the green wire to any black wire again.
                            do not use hand to hold it, solder and shrink tube is the best.

connect to your charger, or any "load/resistor" then power up again.
                            it should work. (try using a old 12v fan if uncomfortable using charger)

for safety reason,
                            bundle the same colour together then use same isolation tape
                            to cover the naked wires since they are expose outside the case.
                            thanks for the advise. However, when i 1st gotten the psu n tested it wo any load, it still work. I have done a search on the net for the circuit diagram n it states that green is "power on".

Comment

did you cut the "unwanted" wires all at once ?

if so, you might have " sorted " the PSU. as there are still residual charge in the electronic parts.

If so.. really RIP liao

If not.. i no idea liao

Comment

Originally posted by BenziT
                                did you cut the "unwanted" wires all at once ?

if so, you might have " sorted " the PSU. as there are still residual charge in the electronic parts.

If so.. really RIP liao

If not.. i no idea liao
                                yup, i did but with the mains dc. If wat u said applies, then
                                However, like wat i mentioned prev, everytime i tried to power on after the trial n error between the green n black wires, the psu fan & light will kickstart a little but never fully power up........

Comment

Working...
                                X