Visit Zenmtech at rc.zenmtech.com

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by pilot_bear
    PhiBer,

thks for the advise, will do just that before i come out with a long term solution.

This is what i did to my triton charger:
    I cut off the wires and replaced with a Tamiya JST plug. In this way, i can both use the banana plug and also the crocodile clips when i go out field(both with male Tamiya JST).
    Got this idea from my duratrax charger. It has a tamiya plug on the wires of the croc clips.
    Losers whine about their best. Winners date the Prom Queen.

Most people talk a lot, only few are up for the moment.

Suck Squeeze Bang Blow
    20,000 times a min

Comment

Originally posted by F/S Eagle Freya
      The addition of the load resistor is not a solution to your problem. First, it will be an additional load and it eats up electrical power which at the end increases your electricity bill. Secondly, it generates a lot of heat which heats up the whole PSU. I really don't know what ATX PSU did you use cause the output current is very low. The output of the ATX PSU I have modified is 13Amps at 13.2volts which is already proven to be a good PSU for all battery chargers used in RC hobby (12volts is not enough). PM me if you are interested.
      thanks for the advise... the PSU i had... very old already... salvaged from an upgrading i did, so got it lying around, thought of trying the mod, but hey at least it worked (i'm not trained in electronics, so it was something great to me to be able to come up with this).
      Hover: STILL many many
      FF: so-so; fig 8s, nose-in hover
      Crash (Major): 4
      Back to flying... let the goods times roll

Comment

sorry can anybody advise me on whats happening?
        regarding the previous post i put up about the voltage problem... this morning i removed the resistor and the voltage went down to 11.15, put it back on again and it went back up to 11.85v. does this mean that if i use a higher resistor, the voltage will go up higher, and if so, what is the resistor type (watt and ohm) i should get to bump the voltage up from the current modded 11.85v to 12v or higher?
        thanks a plenty... from a know-nuts-about-electronics-person.
        Hover: STILL many many
        FF: so-so; fig 8s, nose-in hover
        Crash (Major): 4
        Back to flying... let the goods times roll

Comment

just asking: by simply shorting the green and black to power on the power supply, and connecting the yellow 12v to the 0 volt, wouldn't i already be getting a workable usable power supply? why is there a need for the resistor and LED?

anyone can explain? sorry man, not a engineering or electrics grad

Comment

very nice. can make one for me?

Comment

yep it is really cool! much nicer than my own one. my one no such nice blings. Michael said he wanted lighted volt meter so i put 2 facing each other lor, nvr thought effect would be so nice!

Comment

Hi to all experiences dare-to-tryers out there. Im interested to get a atx PS.
                A few questions for ur.

1)How many types of atx PS are there and what r the price range?
                2) I read of regulated voltage PS, is our homemade atx PS same as the one offered by the guy who is selling the ready made atx chargers at ard $70.

Comment

Any guys there able to help?

Comment

Originally posted by tOngEh
                    A few questions for ur.

2) I read of regulated voltage PS, is our homemade atx PS same as the one offered by the guy who is selling the ready made atx chargers at ard $70.
                    pls note dat not all our normal atx psu r regulated voltage.....some r not..

Comment

Originally posted by tOngEh
                      A few questions for ur.

1) not sure about type of regulated atx.. i bought a used atx at yahoo auction for $7.50..
                      2) for ard $20 inclusive the atx psu + a hard work. u can make one too..
                      hardwork = drilling.. if uve got no proper tools..
                      just be careful when drilling.. no kid around pls..

my advice.. get a bigger atx.. coz u can dump/arrange resistors n wire easier..

the result of my mod is not that good.. bend/scratch here and there.. but the satisfaction, to see it working, is GREAT.. haha

i tot i only manage to squeeze 11.91v output.. but check later on.. output is 12V

thanks to our young flyer, artyspec, for his advice and guidance during my tackling of the abv project recently.
                      sigpic

Comment

To make a PSU u gotta have good soldering skills otherwise juz soldering the over 15 wires will tire u out. I think the most boring part and time consuming is drilling the holes... Here is how i made kolekim's charger.

1) Chop off all the molex connectors.
                        2) Isolate the different coloured wires and zip tied them together.
                        3) Take 6 red wires and solder them to 6 10ohm10W sandbar resistors.(other end of the resistors solder to 6 black wires.
                        4) Solder a SPST switch to the green and black wire.
                        5) Solder 2 yellow wires to one red socket and 2 black wires to one black socket.
                        6) Solder 1 yellow wire and one black wire to the $9.50 volt metre.
                        7) Drill all the holes and have a good time doing it.
                        8) Solder an ultra bright LED to Orange and black wire.
                        9) assemble everything according to ur instincts.
                        10) Close everything up and pray for the best.

Comment

How do we define regulated volt? Is regulated volt equal to constand outvolt of 12v at all times? And why is that in some cases we cant get 12v at output as what the above guy had said 11.91v?

I do have a poly time made 12v supply but the volt drop to 0v within a few seconds. Only upon switching on the volt appears to be ard 12v?

Comment

Is a 450W psu enuff for charging batteries?

Comment

Mod Power supply 12V

Just modded PC PSU install in plastic case 12V 15Amp with cooling fan and exhaust fan.

EPP WARBIRD P51
                              HS55
                              Optic6

Comment

Working...
                              X