Collapse

Visit Zenmtech at rc.zenmtech.com

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So I suppose we had happy ppl making use of PC power supply

I am going to make one to power my stepper driver for my mill CNC conversion. Any input that I need to see to it will be appreciated

Thanks

Mike

Comment

Do take some time to read this too:

Read about Ohm’s Law (again!) (Electrical Safety) in our free Electronics Textbook

(Safety measures...)
      huh

Comment

Li-ion n Ni-Mh Charger

Hi !

Anyone intending to sell their charger? Need one to charge Li-ion n Ni-Mh. Heard that Triton would be a good start? Anyone selling or know where I can buy one for good bargain?

All advises appreciated!

Kind regards,
        ZoneAxis

Comment

Hi Zoneaxis, welcome onboard

Triton is a pretty good charger. Most flyer can live with it, some had 2

U can try posting in Market place stating u need one and see if anybody get back to you

Else for new pc, think the best bet would be www.b-p-p.com

They had free international shipping fr time to time. Keep a look out for it

Cheers

Mike

Comment

Yah, Triton is a good start. Not only charges the Li-ion and NiMh but almost any kind of batt you'll ever need, like LiPo, NiCD and Lead Acid.

You may want to consider Duratrax ICE too.

Duratrax ICE

Cheers!
            For some people it's important to show what they have, for others it's sufficient to know that they have it.

Comment

Here are a simple guide and some pictures of 2 P/S i converted successfully!

1st PSU with 2 x 12V posts - With simple guide

2nd PSU with 5V and 12V posts

Comment

this is what an elect shop did for me.

the power supply :
                input: 100-240 ~ 50/60 Hz 1.5A
                output : 3-30Vdc 1.5-7A 42W max
                pre-set: 12V 3.5A

One of the clip is isolated to prevent shorting the power.

Its a Great day, lets fly, crawl, and fight.

XRB SR Lama
                Robotis Bioloid
                Robot Bear

<a href="http://asherong.sg">http://asherong.sg</a>

Comment

Sorry, here is the pic

XRB SR Lama
                  Robotis Bioloid
                  Robot Bear

Comment

Pilot Bear,

I would strongly suggest you remove the Clips, .... , if you want to use it out door, then make another Tamiya connector for the crocodile clips. Remember, you can re solder it next time if you want to sell it, but what if the Crocodile clips are accidentally touch to each other.... You know what will happen..

Take care.

Comment

hi Wish,

thanks for the advise, i am also worry about it , will do up another connector for field charging, but i dont intend to remove the clip because i can still use it in very desperate situation.

you just gave me an idea, i will make a small wooden box with 2 compartment for the clips or insulation bag, and more insulation tapes.

XRB SR Lama
                      Robotis Bioloid
                      Robot Bear

Comment

Originally posted by Wish
                        Pilot Bear,

I would strongly suggest you remove the Clips, .... , if you want to use it out door, then make another Tamiya connector for the crocodile clips. Remember, you can re solder it next time if you want to sell it, but what if the Crocodile clips are accidentally touch to each other.... You know what will happen..

Take care.
                        U can also use insulating tape and wrap up the entire clip..
                        or use ziplock/small paltic sheets to wrap them up so that they are water proof
                        and won't short each other when contacted..

Comment

PhiBer,

thks for the advise, will do just that before i come out with a long term solution.

XRB SR Lama
                          Robotis Bioloid
                          Robot Bear

Comment

MOD your ATX power supply to give 13.8V

For those co-fliers who are using the ATX Computer Power Supply Unit and cannot attain the right output voltage to suit their chargers, well good news, it is now possible to increase the voltage to match your battery chargers.

MOD's I have done to my ATX Power Supply Unit can be used to Schuze chargers without getting the warning tone which causes this charger to shutdown after some time that the voltage don't stabilize to the acceptable operating voltage. Check out the photos attached below.

PM me for help.

Comment

just did a mod charger today. works... but the output only 11.8v only . Is there any way to raise the output to 12v? the PSU specs: ATX input 115V/230V~, 6/4 A 60/50 Hz. i have included a resistor 10W 10ohm.
                              Am i correct to say that this PSU can output max 4A? is the resistor affecting the output? please help cos i am not very technical with electronics. i actually used the thread on how to build one and just did one . Also i wanted to charge the lead-acid battery with it, but the output of the lead acid battery is higher than the PSU. bros out there who knows, help appreciated. thanks.
                              Hover: STILL many many
                              FF: so-so; fig 8s, nose-in hover
                              Crash (Major): 4
                              Back to flying... let the goods times roll

Comment

Originally posted by membina
                                just did a mod charger today. works... but the output only 11.8v only . Is there any way to raise the output to 12v? the PSU specs: ATX input 115V/230V~, 6/4 A 60/50 Hz. i have included a resistor 10W 10ohm.
                                Am i correct to say that this PSU can output max 4A? is the resistor affecting the output? please help cos i am not very technical with electronics. i actually used the thread on how to build one and just did one . Also i wanted to charge the lead-acid battery with it, but the output of the lead acid battery is higher than the PSU. bros out there who knows, help appreciated. thanks.
                                The addition of the load resistor is not a solution to your problem. First, it will be an additional load and it eats up electrical power which at the end increases your electricity bill. Secondly, it generates a lot of heat which heats up the whole PSU. I really don't know what ATX PSU did you use cause the output current is very low. The output of the ATX PSU I have modified is 13Amps at 13.2volts which is already proven to be a good PSU for all battery chargers used in RC hobby (12volts is not enough). PM me if you are interested.

Comment

Working...
                                X