Visit Zenmtech at rc.zenmtech.com

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DLG Gliders in Singapore

Hello,

I'm desperately trying to find a place in Singapore (hobby shop or whatever) that sells a DLG Glider. I can't find, sad ...
    SingaHobby is selling the Long Shot (very good DLG but maybe to much for a DLG beginner) at about 377 SGD.
    I would like to find something maybe cheaper and more openned to a beginner in DLG like me.
    Other question where DLG Gliders are flying here ? Bedok reservoir park ?

Thanks,

Thomas

usually we buy our DLG oversea through mail order.

in the first place DLG is not cheap.

I guess if you buy from oversea and with all the postage, the price is slightly cheaper than the long shot.

hence, you have to pick and choose . you can try a manufacturer called arthobby. they have many good gliders. We use them for both DLG or slope gliding . they are very high performance gliders.

have you try G3 program ? they have many gliders options too. you should try those to ensure that you know what you are investing in in the future.

Some people also make DLG themselves. you can download plans etc from the internet.

need to have a chat , just give me a call at 90077100

willy

Comment

I am flying the DL50 by mountain models. Pretty good DLG at a reasonable price. Its about $100++ - $150 after shipping.

Its in a kit form so some building is required. Fiberglass is provided and there is no covering of wings. I got it done pretty easily and i am a newbie builder.

Another option would be the boomer or gambler. All this are cheap but good quality DLGs.

Comment

My suggestion would be to get a cheap and good quality DLG like DL50. trash it out for a few months... Then get a competiton DLG if you are really into it.

For you info, my DL50 can launch about 8-10 storeys high.. Longest flight time was about 5 mins plus. And thats with some light thermals around. And sloping off the hdb flats.

I fly at bishan park.

Comment

wa.. means u go up the hdb 8 storeys den throw the glider down? lol
          interesting

Comment

I think is throwing it up to that height.

Comment

Dlg

DLG - stand for Discus Luanch Glider.

There should be a perpendicular piece of rod on one of the wing tip. You use two fingers to hook on the rod and swing and throw the glider like a discus. Up into the air, and these glider can really gets vary high up.

Just to share.
              Share the joy of flying . . .

Comment

Thank you all for your answers ...
                I'm going to follow your advices ... I have to say that i'm pretty interrested with the DL50, I had a look at the construction instruction, it looks pretty easy to build ... I'll tell you and will create a thread for the build when i'll got the kit ... Seems to be a good start in the DLG world and after that i'll see if i invest in a Long Shot or something similar or if i build myself one ... DL50 is cheap as well ...

Cheers

Comment

DLG are also called SAL gliders ...
                  SAL for Side Arm Launch ...

I have collected from the internet a lot of plans for DLG Gliders (sleeky, Duna, Xterminator, quickflick II, supergee I and II etc...) and 3D foamies (Extra 300, Ultimate, Challenger, Edge 540, Bousin, Troll etc ...).
                  I will put them tonight on my website for those interested.

Comment

Swyft

Anybody have experience with Swyft from www.liftworx.com?

Comment

I've heard about the swift that's all ...
                      Btw my DL50 is on the way to Singapore ... ;)
                      99 USD including shipping ... Very Cheap for a DLG ...
                      Soon i'll fly it but before that i'm going to build a small one
                      => the sleeky, 95 cm wingspan, weight 145 to 150 gr ... Perfect for any small tiny hill. Can even be possible to find lift above a bus, i guess ... ;)

If anybody is interested, i got the plan. PM me and i'll send it.

Comment

Working...
                      X