Visit Zenmtech at rc.zenmtech.com

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Powered Glider or Sailplane

Hi All flyers

What would you recommend for begineer for powered glider or saliplane? Anyway, is there a difference between glider or sailplane? Pls advise estimated cost and shop to buy from?

Thanks
    What goes up must come down!

A powered glider will be a better choice.
    unless you have access to a good sloping site, else you'll have to find methods to launch your sailplanes, and without the readibility for thermals yet, you'll get very very disappointed flights

Comment

I have a 2m electric glider from jethobby which i built but haven't fly. if u're interested let me know

Comment

Hi Ammo

Thanks for the gd advice. Is your glider for begineer? Pardon me but is 2m too big for begineer? Can you show me a pic & advise the price?

Thanks!
        What goes up must come down!

Comment

But it comes in yellow with orange trims. in fact all of the stock comes this way.
          the good thing is i have already drilled the holes, fixed up everything, done all the linkages, etc. it's now ready to fly, except for esc and reciever.
          the not so good thing is i have not flown it and so i cannot tell you exactly how it will fly or say it's an excellent flyer. but i do have a video(70mb) of it flying and it seems very good. design is stable i should say, polyhedral will mean self righting properties and v-tail so you have a lower chance of breaking the tail during landings.

For gliders, the bigger the better flight performance you get. that's why open class pilots always fly 3-4m wingspan sailplanes.
          let me know if you need any help, i'll try to the best i know.

Comment

Price is going to depend on if u need the electronics already installed or u have your own stuff
            just the frame is going to be around the advertised price, i'll have to leave out the workmanship

Comment

Working...
            X