Search Result

Collapse
Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page

Today's Posts

Collapse

• timgoh0
    Reply to Drone report in parliament
    by timgoh0
    The incidents highlighted appear to be extremely reckless people who have not considered potential failure modes when conducting high risk operations. Quite possibly these people have just bought a model off the shelf and have thought to just capture video footage with no regard for the platform limitations...
    12-05-2015, 08:10 PM
  • timgoh0
    Reply to I am new to heli.
    by timgoh0
    It's a wonderful thing to have within reach: if there's suddenly very strong winds, IU and a higher headspeed might be the difference between "landing intact" and "parts replacement"
    29-03-2015, 10:13 AM
  • timgoh0
    Reply to WTS: Spektrum Dx4e with 6ch orange rx
    by timgoh0
    It's really some form of FSK, GFSK, with a spread carrier if I recall correctly. It's almost but not quite a combination of both as a result.

What is the consideration behind that question?
    11-03-2015, 06:28 AM
  • timgoh0
    Reply to I am new to heli.
    by timgoh0
    I seem to be having the opposite experience: I get more flight time out of my 250 than my 450, due to the reduced space required. Also, HK makes a cheap 250 kit and DFC head that means all-up costs are around $100, and a spare crash-kit (read "entire flybarred 250 spare") is about $30-40. The 250 ...
    15-02-2015, 10:49 AM
  • timgoh0
    Reply to Damaged main PCB when modifying 9X
    by timgoh0
    In general, the repair might cost more than the board. However, pictures of the damage might be helpful to assess if it's fixable.
    08-02-2015, 12:08 AM
  • timgoh0
    Reply to Is it ethical to sell items given to you FOC?
    by timgoh0
    You're not alone on that one. I've given away some stuff only to find it being sold several days later. It's rather upsetting, but I suppose there's very little one can do.
    20-01-2015, 08:32 PM
  • timgoh0
    Reply to DWTS - eFuel 1200W Power Supply
    by timgoh0
    That's only true if operating at 60A on a heavily loaded circuit. If that is the case, then operate with a lower load, the power supply claiming to be able to supply 60A doesn't mean it will supply 60A into your load....
    19-01-2015, 09:16 PM
  • timgoh0
    Reply to WTB: ARTR 1/10 brushless SCT
    by timgoh0
    Bought. Closed.
    02-01-2015, 11:29 PM
  • timgoh0
    WTB: ARTR 1/10 brushless SCT
    by timgoh0
    Looking at a platform to mount and test a ground navigation system. Must have decent ground clearance as will be running it on grass/mud. Don't need Tx/Rx. Brushless preferred, 2s/3s setup. Alternatively, will also consider a crawler. Budget goes up to $200, so let me know if you have something u...
    01-01-2015, 10:17 PM
  • timgoh0
    Reply to exceed f18 edf
    by timgoh0
    I'm not too familiar with xplane. I use flightgear, with the dynamics generated by a bunch of machines running a couple of matlab systems model. For RF planning and sensor simulation, I have a couple of matlab scripts, and flightgear offers enough feedback to tie the model into existing sensor modelling...
    26-12-2014, 10:58 PM
Working...
X