Collapse

Visit Zenmtech at rc.zenmtech.com

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Beware Scam! Skystone Shop

Not sure if this is the right place to post this but just wanted to warn everyone about an online shop scam so here goes.

I did a search on google and came up with Skystone shop located at Batam selling RC kits at insane prices. A Slash 4/4 Ultimate for less then $150 and a HPI Flux HP for $180. Seems too good to be true so I gave a call to City Square Mall where they are supposedly located. I asked the CSO if there's such a shop there and they said there is no such shop there. I also checked the Mall website and no such shop exists in their directory. They only accept money transfers which means once u send it, your money is gone forever!! Don't be scammed. I thought of going there myself and checking it out since its only a ferry away but after this, I won't even bother wasting my time and money checking it out. However, the website layout seems somewhat familiar. Must've been copied from a real RC store website. Lesson Learnt, if its too good to be true, it probably is.

if it's too good to be true, it usually isn't. alas, these losers are hoping to scam someone out there. Anything that only accepts wire xfers or credit cards, forget it.
    Heli-ADDICTION:
    Mikado Logos, RaptorG4s, X7F, 600ESP...
    JUST one more Logo...for the month.

Comment

is this that website?
      http://www.skystoneshop.com/
      seems legit...pretty hard to differentiate from fake shop

Comment

I am an Indonesian, and yes, Batam is full of scam online shop, not only RC but mobilephone etc
        Be careful guys!

Comment

Originally posted by skyeagle View Post
          is this that website?
          http://www.skystoneshop.com/
          seems legit...pretty hard to differentiate from fake shop
          Yups thats the shop. Look at the insane prices and yes it was made to look legit. But i did the necessary enquiries and no such shop at City Square Mall. Most of the items they sell there are 1/3 of normal prices. The giveawa is actually the part where they only accept bank transfers and nothing else. They can't accept paypal cause paypal will allow u to get your money back if the product is not delivered. Trust me. This shop is super bogus. I even tried calling the contact number given and no number exists. Just fair warning to u guys out there. Don't be scammed.

Comment

Originally posted by saternal View Post
            Yups thats the shop. Look at the insane prices and yes it was made to look legit. But i did the necessary enquiries and no such shop at City Square Mall. Most of the items they sell there are 1/3 of normal prices. The giveawa is actually the part where they only accept bank transfers and nothing else. They can't accept paypal cause paypal will allow u to get your money back if the product is not delivered. Trust me. This shop is super bogus. I even tried calling the contact number given and no number exists. Just fair warning to u guys out there. Don't be scammed.
            many thanks for the heads up

Comment

Not sure if this is the right place to post this but just wanted to warn everyone about an online shop scam so here goes.

I did a search on google and came up with Skystone shop located at Batam selling RC kits at insane prices. A Slash 4/4 Ultimate for less then $150 and a HPI Flux HP for $180. Seems too good to be true so I gave a call to City Square Mall where they are supposedly located. I asked the CSO if there's such a shop there and they said there is no such shop there. I also checked the Mall website and no such shop exists in their directory. They only accept money transfers which means once u send it, your money is gone forever!! Don't be scammed. I thought of going there myself and checking it out since its only a ferry away but after this, I won't even bother wasting my time and money checking it out. However, the website layout seems somewhat familiar. Must've been copied from a real RC store website. Lesson Learnt, if its too good to be true, it probably is.
              Bro, I went to the website to check. The website mentioned batam city square. Not city square mall in singapore. No wonder you cant find it.

Comment

Originally posted by tansc View Post
                Bro, I went to the website to check. The website mentioned batam city square. Not city square mall in singapore. No wonder you cant find it.
                He did mentioned a ferry ride away.... we don't take ferry to City Square Singapore....We take sampan only when it's flooded....

Comment

Originally posted by tansc View Post
                  Yup bro. I meant City Square Batam. I did wasted a few cents to call the mall located in Batam and no such shop. The mall directory can be found online. Stated on the shop website its been around for 2 years so the CSO shuld definitely know of such a shop if there was 1 and directory should reflect the shop but it doesnt. The number they provided on their shop is also not in use and yes its an Indonesia number. Just a warning to u guys. Hope this helps some of u out there who were about to be scammed. I was one of them till I tried googling the shop and saw a similar post in August on some UK forum. The guy went all the way with fake names and details and he was told to Wire Transfer the cash to a bank in Jakarta. He didn't do it but he knows once transfer is done, say byebye to ur $$.

Comment

And btw, I did send them an E-mail asking them if I could just go to the place in person to purchase the items straight from the shop. No reply. Been 2 days now. I know of ppl seeing great bargains online like a $300 I Phone 5 and after payment, they never received their items and seller just disappears. I strongly believe this is one of those cases.

Comment

http://www.harahaphobby.com/

Check out the website above and take a look at the shop front photos. Exactly the same photo. They just took that photo off the internet and pasted on their website. Compare the photo above to the photo on skystone website. This proves my suspicion. 2 different shops and 2 different locations but looks exactly the same. Even the ppl in the photo is the same. And to my amazement, both are fakes!! Hahrharap says they have a shop at Far East Plaza #02-41. I've been to Far East quite alot and I have never seen Harharap Hobby Store before. The only Hobby Shops I know of there is Hobby Link and Hobby Focus and 1 more Nikko Shop I think. The Singapore number they provide is also bogus. 8 digit number with a 3 in front. Everyone in Singapore knows that local numbers only start with 6, 8 or 9.(8 and 9 for handphones and 6 for residential/commercial). Check it out. Anyone knows of Harharap Hobby Store in Far East Plaza? Check out the link below as well and scroll down.

http://resources.alibaba.com/topic/8...FORE_BUY/5.htm

Too many scammers nowadays. Good business. As long ppl keep getting scammed, they will continue to make money and open new scam shops.

Comment

http://www.harahaphobby.com/
                        The Singapore number they provide is also bogus. 8 digit number with a 3 in front. Everyone in Singapore knows that local numbers only start with 6, 8 or 9.(8 and 9 for handphones and 6 for residential/commercial).

Err, Singapore numbers starting with 3 exist. See the IDA National Numbering Plan at [1]. However, they're assigned to VOIP providers, so the phone terminating the number may not even be in Singapore. This may be part of the game.

[1] http://www.ida.gov.sg/~/media/Files/...NNP/NNP_WD.pdf

Comment

Originally posted by timgoh0 View Post
                          Err, Singapore numbers starting with 3 exist. See the IDA National Numbering Plan at [1]. However, they're assigned to VOIP providers, so the phone terminating the number may not even be in Singapore. This may be part of the game.

[1] http://www.ida.gov.sg/~/media/Files/...NNP/NNP_WD.pdf
                          My bad. Point is, I've never seen a store with a local conatct number starting with 3. But thanks for the info. I'll keep that in mind. Anyway the store address they posted is actually a store selling wigs. Anyone wanna buy any wigs? :P

Comment

Working...
                          X