Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

can I use freq other then 29,35,40 and 72?

Collapse

Zenm Tech Pte Ltd

Collapse

Visit Zenmtech at rc.zenmtech.com

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

can I use freq other then 29,35,40 and 72?

can I put in my own crystal (let's say 18Mhz or 47Mhz eg), will it be any problem or issue?? I see something about legal freq band, wat is that? can any one advise me. thanks

Originally posted by Shark
    can I put in my own crystal (let's say 18Mhz or 47Mhz eg), will it be any problem or issue?? I see something about legal freq band, wat is that? can any one advise me. thanks
    erm, legal frequency is a frequency which is cater by the IDA if im not mistaken. the only frequency that is legal in singapore as far that i do know is 27mhz and 29mhz. if you do want to use other frequency its up to individual. just use the SAF so called policy " do anything you want as long you don't get caught"

but i dont think there is a frequency of 18mhz or 47mhz. the radio set that we use to fly aeroplanes or heli does not produce transmitter or receiver on that frequency. the commonly produce frequency are 29mhz, 35mhz, 36mhz,40mhz, 72mhz.
    + i ` k a l +

Transmitter
    p c m 9 x
    RC Kite
    S c o r p i o n
    A L P H A B a b y
    Ice cream prototype

Comment

Originally posted by blurchaoz
      erm, legal frequency is a frequency which is cater by the IDA if im not mistaken. the only frequency that is legal in singapore as far that i do know is 27mhz and 29mhz. if you do want to use other frequency its up to individual. just use the SAF so called policy " do anything you want as long you don't get caught"

but i dont think there is a frequency of 18mhz or 47mhz. the radio set that we use to fly aeroplanes or heli does not produce transmitter or receiver on that frequency. the commonly produce frequency are 29mhz, 35mhz, 36mhz,40mhz, 72mhz.
      ic ic. because I found some cyrtsal of 18.432Mhz and 3.57Mhz at home. hence wonder if I can use them.

btw, pls explain more of the legal and illegal issue, so if u use freq other then 27 and 29, wat would possible happen?

Comment

btw, pls explain more of the legal and illegal issue, so if u use freq other then 27 and 29, wat would possible happen?

sigpic

Comment

Check out this thread
          Discuss anything about RC electronics - Tx, Rx, Servo, ESC, BEC, FBL, NAV, Wire, Connector, Camera etc.

Comment

Originally posted by X34
            thank bro, now I know... but how come I got the frq in my plane is 40Mhz? and 40Mhz is not in the chart, so does that mean I am using a illegal freq? so do I need to replace the crystal with a legal frq band?

Comment

I am not sure abt the legal aspect of diff freq, but i think you can only replace the freq of your radio with another freq of the same band.

Meaning if you have a 27Mhz Band radio, you can use any 27.***Mhz crystals. And if you radio is in 29Mhz band, then you can use all the 29.***Mhz crystals.
              One day... one day...

Comment

Originally posted by Icon
                I am not sure abt the legal aspect of diff freq, but i think you can only replace the freq of your radio with another freq of the same band.

Meaning if you have a 27Mhz Band radio, you can use any 27.***Mhz crystals. And if you radio is in 29Mhz band, then you can use all the 29.***Mhz crystals.

if u want to use diff freq...
                u just need to replace both crystals in your TX and RX .. and make sure they are same freq.
                sigpic

Comment

Besides 27mhz and 29mhz, the rest are not for remote control use. Using other band may cause interference to other wireless devices or u may get interference from other devices.

The difference is most other devices may get annoying noise and suffer no damage, but for the r/c vehicles, u may loose it. The real risk is yours. Daddyhobby encourages the use designated freq band and follow the licensing requirements.

Comment

Originally posted by X34
                    Daddyhobby encourages the use designated freq band and follow the licensing requirements.
                    Well said Thanks.

Mike

Comment

Originally posted by intrance
                      if u want to use diff freq...
                      u just need to replace both crystals in your TX and RX .. and make sure they are same freq.

Does that mean that i can replace the 40.650 crsytal on my M8 40Mhz module with one from the 29Mhz range? So i don't need to buy a new module right? Damme shop tried to con me then.
                      One day... one day...

Comment

Originally posted by Icon
                        Does that mean that i can replace the 40.650 crsytal on my M8 40Mhz module with one from the 29Mhz range? So i don't need to buy a new module right? Damme shop tried to con me then.
                        No u cant do that. the shop is right. U can change to a different channel like 40.XXX but not 29.XXX. If you want to use 29.XXX u gotto get a 29MHZ module.

Comment

Originally posted by Edwinchew
                          No u cant do that. the shop is right. U can change to a different channel like 40.XXX but not 29.XXX. If you want to use 29.XXX u gotto get a 29MHZ module.
                          Got it!!! So simply making sure the Tx and Rx crystal are of the same freq aint going to allow you to change freq. Gotcha!!
                          One day... one day...

Comment

Working...
                          X