Visit Zenmtech at rc.zenmtech.com

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tamiya Leopard 2A6

Now need to Camo...

Anyone care to lend me their airbrush and compressor for a month?

Nice buildup of your tank, don mind me saying, you shouldn't ask this question. as in singapore, nobody is going to do that. And if i amnot the one to first reply this, there will be NO answers to your thread. This is the reality of Singaporeans which i am very sick of. I don have hard feeling to your post, i suggest you ask either a good friend or you buy yourself a compressor set. Nobody is intrested to do this, i can confirm i am saying the truth.

Comment

Well,

You maybe right....

Anyway, a kind bro already lent me the compressor and airbrush...

Tks for the note...

Originally posted by Tiger S33 View Post
      Nice buildup of your tank, don mind me saying, you shouldn't ask this question. as in singapore, nobody is going to do that. And if i amnot the one to first reply this, there will be NO answers to your thread. This is the reality of Singaporeans which i am very sick of. I don have hard feeling to your post, i suggest you ask either a good friend or you buy yourself a compressor set. Nobody is intrested to do this, i can confirm i am saying the truth.

Comment

Ok, thats a good chance. should be thankful to that person. Anyway, what scheme do you plan for your leopard? If you met any problems, can let me know too, as i own 2 leopards and a few 1/16 tamiya tanks. Most leopards have medium to soft edge NATO camoflage in 3 tones.

Comment

Sure.

I am planning to install my Leopard with FPV camera and link up with LCD monitor or goggles.

So battles can be more realistic, where we need to locate "enemies" like I a cockpit.

Comment

Well, perhaps its timely to poke my head in here and suggest that there would be a casual IR game going on this coming Sunday over at the Pasir Ris Elias CC which would be held in between the 1/14 scale truckers' meeting. Those of us truckers who have tanks would be bringing them as well. There should be two Leopards turning up.

My Tiger or Pershing would be coming on a flatbed:

I would help with the painting and weathering but that's really not my forte. I think my participation in the tanks forum should leave little doubt that I try to help out enquiries where I can. Perhaps I've not been in R/C tanking long enough to feel bitter about it, but I'm perfectly happy to keep up the committment to tank once every couple of months. We can usually get four tanks each meetup, sometimes five. I actually fire up my one of my tanks every couple of days at home and drive it around just for fun. Be the change that you want to see, because if everyone only turns up for a meet if they see enough numbers, then there'll never be enough tanks on the ground to make it worthwhile. Case of you-see-me-I-see-you.

That has been the case so far, which is why I choose to bring my tank out to the more regular and well-participated monthly truck meets, both to give it a run, and also to raise awareness.

Feel free to drop by to have a look, bring your tank if you're keen. I make it a point that the tank games that we play are casual, fun, and something that we all can laugh about after the end of each round, even if we were on opposing teams. Its a hobby after all.
            Tamiya Tiger I, M26 Pershing, Leopard 2A6, Scania R620/flatbed trailer, Wedico drop deck trailer

SG Tankies:

Comment

Originally posted by roypwee View Post
              Sure.

I am planning to install my Leopard with FPV camera and link up with LCD monitor or goggles.

So battles can be more realistic, where we need to locate "enemies" like I a cockpit.
              You would be at a disadvantage unless the other tanks also played by the same rules, because they would have "God's eye view" whereas you would have FPV. However I would be keen to see your eventual setup which might actually be something that I could adopt in a suitable tank, my Tiger seeming more likely due to its capacious interior, and then we can try it out for yet another new dimension of R/Cing.
              Tamiya Tiger I, M26 Pershing, Leopard 2A6, Scania R620/flatbed trailer, Wedico drop deck trailer

SG Tankies:

Comment

No More Gods View Advantage... Let the games begin!!!Hookup with Video Goggles and a way we go!!!

Comment

Image quality is excellent. Is it beamed real-time to a receiver? I think one problem would be that you wouldn't know how the turret is aligned to the chassis, which creates problems because where you are looking isn't necessarily where you are driving.

How does the tank look with the camera mounted?

SG Tankies:

Comment

Need to get the came to focus lower down. Else may put a micro cam in on of the "windows" planning to put 2 switchable cam one on turret and one on chassis. Awaiting for micro cam to arrive.

Recording is by streaming live. But for this testing was using a GoPro with my wireless stream set up.

Comment

Joining the Leopard club

Like the Singapore Armed Forces, I recently acquired a Leopard and have set about refurbishing it......

SG Tankies:

Comment

Tamiya Leophard

The plastic appendages are very fragile and broke easily. Any way to strengthen it ?

Comment

If you intend to drive your tank roughly (e.g. through bushes, bumpy places) you'd expect some items to fall off if they aren't glued properly. One way to minimize that is to ensure plastic-to-plastic contact with no paint in between. Otherwise, leave the fragile details off, or be prepared to have to buy replacement parts every now and then. For certain items, though, you can buy metal cast items, e.g. machine guns, headlights, grab handles, etc from the various vendors floating around.

SG Tankies:

Comment

You want to refurbish mine with Camo together with yours?

Did get time to Camo my Leopard.

Originally posted by r32 View Post
                            Like the Singapore Armed Forces, I recently acquired a Leopard and have set about refurbishing it......

Comment

Originally posted by roypwee View Post
                              You want to refurbish mine with Camo together with yours?

Did get time to Camo my Leopard.

Can, supply one can each of NATO green/black/brown, masking tape, leave her with me for a few weekends, and promise not to complain about my interpretation of a NATO camo scheme.

This Leopard's the first time I attempted to do a camo paint job......

SG Tankies:

Comment

Working...
                              X