Collapse

Visit Zenmtech at rc.zenmtech.com

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

TAMIYA vs HENG LONG

Can any kind soul out there tell me the difference between the 2 brand of tanks? I know there is the big price gap....

I am a newbie in this tank rc and would like to give it a try but notice the huge price difference. I would prefer to get one that is able to play and shoot with the other tanks.

Can anyone advise how I should start this hobby and where I can read more about 'tanking'? I prefer to start off with something above average so that I need not do much upgrading in the future.

I have a JR XII 9 channel Tx, this can be use for 'tanking'?

If anyone got any nice tank (Leopard looks good!) to sell, can let me know.. might consider.......

Many thanks in advance.

Tamiya is DIY kit, the other is Ready-Made Kit.

Depending on what you want. Durability and long lasting, take Tamiya. Only thing is that you have to build from scratch. Which is a wonderful thing to do. Hand-made is better than factory made.

Anything goes wrong, you likely will know where to trouble shoot.

Your Tx can be used for Tanking, as I am building my Leopard 2A6 now. Slow build but satisfaction. This is my 2nd Leopard Build.

Tamiya is both for play and to be admired. And there are hop-up grades to metal parts for even longer lasting.

Comment

Originally posted by roypwee View Post
      Tamiya is DIY kit, the other is Ready-Made Kit.

Depending on what you want. Durability and long lasting, take Tamiya. Only thing is that you have to build from scratch. Which is a wonderful thing to do. Hand-made is better than factory made.

Anything goes wrong, you likely will know where to trouble shoot.

Your Tx can be used for Tanking, as I am building my Leopard 2A6 now. Slow build but satisfaction. This is my 2nd Leopard Build.

Tamiya is both for play and to be admired. And there are hop-up grades to metal parts for even longer lasting.
      How much did you pay for your Leopard? I saw some on line which cost about $2k? That would be a really big investment for me.......

Comment

Stargek (Tamiya) sells for $1800.

You can get from LHS for less.

If you want to know me PM me.

Originally posted by Smallfly View Post
        How much did you pay for your Leopard? I saw some on line which cost about $2k? That would be a really big investment for me.......

Comment

We have a Tamiya tank game this coming weekend, join us to see how it works. I have one tank two many (currently a Pershing and Tiger) because I would like to get a Panther soon. I may consider selling on the Tiger if you're interested in it.
          Tamiya Tiger I, M26 Pershing, Leopard 2A6, Scania R620/flatbed trailer, Wedico drop deck trailer

SG Tankies:

Comment

Can any kind soul out there tell me the difference between the 2 brand of tanks? I know there is the big price gap....
            Heng Long are basically Chinese-made and -assembled copies of Tamiya tanks. From ten paces they can look quite similar and they have the capability to emit smoke and shoot pellets. Tamiya tanks only shoot infra red beams.

I am a newbie in this tank rc and would like to give it a try but notice the huge price difference. I would prefer to get one that is able to play and shoot with the other tanks.
            Heng Long has two types of tanks, pellet and IR. Their IR is proprietary. Tamiya tanks have proprietary IR but there are third parties on the market that make Tamiya compatible IR emitters/receivers.

Can anyone advise how I should start this hobby and where I can read more about 'tanking'? I prefer to start off with something above average so that I need not do much upgrading in the future.
            Set a budget. The cheapest Heng Long is probably $200-300, the cheapest Tamiya is in the $700 and above range. If you want to join our games you'll need a Tamiya tank. Add ~$100 for a battle unit and you're set. As said above we have a game this weekend that you can see firsthand what it is about. Many of the upgrades available for tanks are aesthetic, some are function, but none are really mission-critical items. Whether Heng Long or Tamiya, they'll work out of the box, Tamiya more so. Commonly broken parks are German tanks' tracks and perhaps upgraded track tensioners. American tanks like Pershing and Sherman are relatively problem-free.

I have a JR XII 9 channel Tx, this can be use for 'tanking'?
            Yes, for sure. We'll show you how to set it up.

If anyone got any nice tank (Leopard looks good!) to sell, can let me know.. might consider.......

Many thanks in advance.
            Got an aforementioned Tiger.
            Tamiya Tiger I, M26 Pershing, Leopard 2A6, Scania R620/flatbed trailer, Wedico drop deck trailer

SG Tankies:

Comment

Thanks for all the information r32. You got any pics of your Tiger? This is a TAMIYA? I ask about the leopard because I saw a video and there is a recoil action when fire!! Really amazing.

Will try to join you guys one day......... do u guys set up any props on the ground? Should be very interesting...

Comment

SG Tankies:

Comment

Nice.

Even better with some weathering on.
                  Share the joy of flying . . .

Comment

Nice tank you have there....... so are you letting it go? Let me know if you are, and I will consider...... cheers!

Comment

Working...
                    X