Collapse

Visit Zenmtech at rc.zenmtech.com

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Slowing down my Pershing & Sherman

Hi everyone, recently took the plunge and bought off the tanks from 2 nice brothers on this thread. Now I wish to slow down the tanks as I find the stock motor to be too fast for any sense of realism.

Any advice on how to do it? Change pinions? Recommended size and gear ratio?

Thanks!

Can try setting dual rate on your tx or end point adjustment. Easiest way but may not get the torque required for climbing. Can try changing smaller pinion ration but motor might not be running at optimal speed. To get best torque need to match motor to pinion to the speed you require.
    You are still a newbie when your heartrate is governed by your headspeed...

Comment

Hi kiong,

You might be referring to the sudden burst of acceleration when you advance the throttle. Try reducing your exponential rate of your throttle channel to reduce this tendency. It is un-scalelike, but during IR games, if your tank moves slowly, it is more vulnerable, as you can't "pop out" for a snap shot.

You don't have options for the Pershing, but you can buy Impact's transmission and step-down gear for the Sherman which allows you a choice of gear ratios to slow down your tank.

We help you acquire the perfect domain for your site. Affordable payment options. Quick and responsive customer support available.
      Tamiya Tiger I, M26 Pershing, Leopard 2A6, Scania R620/flatbed trailer, Wedico drop deck trailer

SG Tankies:

Comment

We have a few guys who are veterans at setting up radios for the tanks so if you encounter problems just come on down and we should be able to work it out in a jiffy!
        Tamiya Tiger I, M26 Pershing, Leopard 2A6, Scania R620/flatbed trailer, Wedico drop deck trailer

SG Tankies:

Comment

Working...
        X