Visit Zenmtech at rc.zenmtech.com

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Need help with Tx

HI all,

I am buliding a Tamiya panzer 4 and an pretty new to this hobby as I use to plane RC. My question is for the transmitter, does it have to be mode 1 or 2 or does it at matter all?
    OnDuty:
    EPP Red Reno
    Nitro SeaBee .46
    EP SU31 Sukhoi for sale
    Frio 3d

InHanger:

GreatPlanes P-51 Mustang .61 4 stroke for sale

no. U can use ur current tx. do u buy battle system for ur tank?

Comment

Stock Tamiya setup has throttle and turret traverse (rotate) on the left stick, and turret elevate and turning on the right stick. Its intended for a Mode 1 configuration.

I use a Mode 1 Spektrum DX6i on my tank. However I have the plugs switched around on the receiver so that my left stick controls the turret traverse and elevation and my right stick controls throttle and steering. I find it is easier to control the tank that way. It seems like it is similar to a Mode 2 setup.

Join us for a game sometime. One of our group sometimes joins us with his Panzer IV. Having a second Panzer IV would be a great addition!
      Tamiya Tiger I, M26 Pershing, Leopard 2A6, Scania R620/flatbed trailer, Wedico drop deck trailer

SG Tankies:

Comment

Thanks for the reply. Can wait to finish the tank and join you guys for a battle. Yup I bought the battle system too.
        OnDuty:
        EPP Red Reno
        Nitro SeaBee .46
        EP SU31 Sukhoi for sale
        Frio 3d

InHanger:

Comment

By the way, does the real ww2 tanks have turret stablizer on them?
          OnDuty:
          EPP Red Reno
          Nitro SeaBee .46
          EP SU31 Sukhoi for sale
          Frio 3d

InHanger:

Comment

question number 3 :

My Tx, right stick has no spring so return it to neutral position from either up or down. Will this be a problem?
            OnDuty:
            EPP Red Reno
            Nitro SeaBee .46
            EP SU31 Sukhoi for sale
            Frio 3d

InHanger:

Comment

Originally posted by mufsin View Post
              By the way, does the real ww2 tanks have turret stablizer on them?
              In WW2, for the Sherman and Pershing there was a gyroscopically stabilized gun but only for the vertical axis. I don't think it was a fantastic success though.

Its recommended to have a return spring so as to prevent your tank from starting up in the full throttle position. It would drive off the moment everything is turned on, or your turret would begin to elevate or depress up or down. However I don't have a return spring on my throttle.
              Tamiya Tiger I, M26 Pershing, Leopard 2A6, Scania R620/flatbed trailer, Wedico drop deck trailer

SG Tankies:

Comment

Converting stock Tx to mode 2

Originally posted by r32 View Post
                Stock Tamiya setup has throttle and turret traverse (rotate) on the left stick, and turret elevate and turning on the right stick. Its intended for a Mode 1 configuration.

I use a Mode 1 Spektrum DX6i on my tank. However I have the plugs switched around on the receiver so that my left stick controls the turret traverse and elevation and my right stick controls throttle and steering. I find it is easier to control the tank that way. It seems like it is similar to a Mode 2 setup.

Join us for a game sometime. One of our group sometimes joins us with his Panzer IV. Having a second Panzer IV would be a great addition!
                Bro .... 2 questions

1) Existing Futaba TX as per your paragraph 1 that it is in mode 1. Are we able to convert it to "mode 2" on the same tx ? seem like the wires are soldered in the tx.

2) I have a mode 2 Dx7. How do you hooked up the rx for both Tank movement and Battle system ?

Many tks

Comment

Originally posted by Ben View Post
                  Bro .... 2 questions

1) Existing Futaba TX as per your paragraph 1 that it is in mode 1. Are we able to convert it to "mode 2" on the same tx ? seem like the wires are soldered in the tx.

2) I have a mode 2 Dx7. How do you hooked up the rx for both Tank movement and Battle system ?

Many tks
                  1) I have a Mode 1 DX6i, I swap the functions by swapping the receiver plugs that go from the MFU to the receivers, you might need a bit of trial and error to get it right. From recollection the Leopard's electronics are easily accessible in the turret and should be quite easy to trial and error. Chances are you only need to swap the plugs between throttle and turret elevation.

2) With a Mode 2, you probably just need to plug in the receivers exactly as the instructions state (follow the Ch1 through Ch4 numbers) and you will get turret control on the left stick, and movement control on the right stick.

SG Tankies:

Comment

Working...
                  X