Collapse

Visit Zenmtech at rc.zenmtech.com

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New VsTank tankie here :)

So yeah hi folks, got me the T-72 M1 Green camo IR tank on Saturday; Its a beaut, but might be my tank only, but my 1st wheel suspension is kinda fixed in wonder if it is natural?,(planning to get 2 more later on ) and, i was wondering, what are the terrain limitations VStanks can go on, and is hen long tank parts, gears and the likes ( have an old BB 2A5 tank)the same with Vstank?, cause i have been reading about gears being worn down and tanks losing control after a few months of play.

Wow, that's fast! where did you get it?
    Operational
    1/24 Vs Tiger I, Vs T-72
    1/16 HL Panzer IV, HL Stug III, HL Pershing (Elmod), Tam Tiger I, Torro T-34/85 (Elmod)
    Blade CX2 (Huey)

Workshop/Reserve
    1/24 Vs M1A Abram, Vs A6 Leopard
    1/16 HL Tiger I Late Prod. (Elmod), HL Panzer III (Elmod), Matorro King Tiger

Comment

Originally posted by calvinlo
      Wow, that's fast! where did you get it?

millennia (sp) walk, desert camo pattern and the green, they had 2, but i bought 1, both IR, gonna save money for a IR leopard and a BB T-72

but is it natural for the tank to lose control?, mine lost control for the main cannon, but it is ok after i off and on it again

Comment

Does the T-72 sound like the Tiger I when it runs? If you can show a video, that would be nice...
        Operational
        1/24 Vs Tiger I, Vs T-72
        1/16 HL Panzer IV, HL Stug III, HL Pershing (Elmod), Tam Tiger I, Torro T-34/85 (Elmod)
        Blade CX2 (Huey)

Workshop/Reserve

Comment

Does the T-72 sound like the Tiger I when it runs? If you can show a video, that would be nice...
          No idea, this is the 1st tank of the series i have got, so i don't really know for sure, sorry.

Comment

May i know how much u brought the tank for? Is there any places/LHS to go except for hobbylink in Far East Plaza?

I saw a few VS tanks being sold at East point mall for $199 each.. Is it considered a good buy? Where do u guys get a VS a for $180?
            AR Drone 2.0
            Walkera Ladybird Micro Quad
            Jr XG8 Tx (Mode 1)
            RG831B Rx

sigpic

Comment

Hi guys,

Been a while since my last post but I just wanted to do a quick review of the VS T-72. Basically after seeing the last post me and a buddy rushed down today to millenia walk to check out the T-72 at Timemachine Studio. True enough, they were the first ones in with the new T-72's. According to their distributor, there's limited stock of the new T-72 due to a huge demand worldwide thus only a few stores here were able to get stock. As it happened there were 2 T-72's left, the desert brown and the russian green. We snapped up both and proceeded to test at the open area @Millenia.

First impressions is that the T-72 is a beautiful example of the detail level found in the VS Tiger series, the weathering effect is especially noticeable on the desert model T-72. The downside of all the detailing is the number of fiddly (and breakable!) bits on the T-72. One of the most fiddly is the fuel hose linking the 2 fuel drum/tanks on the rear of the tank (I've already broken a bit of mine off ). Other bits include the searchlight/spotlight on the turret. The upside is that the side skirts on the tank are rubber, hence have enormous capacity for wear n tear resistance.

Essentially the T-72 combines the best of the Tiger series and the modern series of VS tanks. It has very good low speed handling just like the Tiger's, but with the added advantage of high speed and torque at the upper end just like the modern series. This baby can speed up and still turn on a dime ! Unfortunately, the biggest appreciable downside in terms of the electronics is the fact that yes (SIGH!), it uses the Tiger soundbox. And yes, we tested the climbing ability and woooh! this tank can climb! Definitely capable of 40 - 50 plus degree slopes as advertised.

Another thing to note is the revamped battery bay. Its now a much simpler bay, all 8 battery slots are in a straight row so no more digging out the batteries like the Tiger's. Also a bonus, no mods necessary if you're using rechargable batts cos the tabs dont interfere anymore. The downside of the new bay: it's no longer a simple quick spring release catch like the Tiger! You actually need to screw/unscrew the battery bay cover ......time to pack a phillips screwdriver (if you don't already).

Finally, because of the Tiger electronics, it's the first modern series VS to have the machine gun option (YAAAAY!!! ). Hence gun battles become just as fun as with the Tiger's. The controller is the new one as seen packaged with the 2007 Tiger's.

I'll post up some pics if i can; hopefully we might be able to have some testing vs Tiger's this weekend just to see if the IR electronics have changed. And oh, apparently all the current tanks like the M1, Leopard 2 and Tiger's have been repackaged with some updated accesories like turret MG's and extra packs.

And just in case any of you avid VS tankies out there cant wait for a revamped T-72, Toy Attic @ Serene Centre is currently awaiting shipment of a few T-72's; Timemachine are definitely out of stock for now.

That's all folks, hope this has helped answer most of the questions regarding the new VS T-72. Happy tanking!

Comment

If you can show a video of your T-72 moving and turning that would be nice...
                Operational
                1/24 Vs Tiger I, Vs T-72
                Blade CX2 (Huey)

Workshop/Reserve

Comment

Originally posted by icefoxy01
                  Hi guys,

Been a while since my last post but I just wanted to do a quick review of the VS T-72. Basically after seeing the last post me and a buddy rushed down today to millenia walk to check out the T-72 at Timemachine Studio. True enough, they were the first ones in with the new T-72's. According to their distributor, there's limited stock of the new T-72 due to a huge demand worldwide thus only a few stores here were able to get stock. As it happened there were 2 T-72's left, the desert brown and the russian green. We snapped up both and proceeded to test at the open area @Millenia.

First impressions is that the T-72 is a beautiful example of the detail level found in the VS Tiger series, the weathering effect is especially noticeable on the desert model T-72. The downside of all the detailing is the number of fiddly (and breakable!) bits on the T-72. One of the most fiddly is the fuel hose linking the 2 fuel drum/tanks on the rear of the tank (I've already broken a bit of mine off ). Other bits include the searchlight/spotlight on the turret. The upside is that the side skirts on the tank are rubber, hence have enormous capacity for wear n tear resistance.

Essentially the T-72 combines the best of the Tiger series and the modern series of VS tanks. It has very good low speed handling just like the Tiger's, but with the added advantage of high speed and torque at the upper end just like the modern series. This baby can speed up and still turn on a dime ! Unfortunately, the biggest appreciable downside in terms of the electronics is the fact that yes (SIGH!), it uses the Tiger soundbox. And yes, we tested the climbing ability and woooh! this tank can climb! Definitely capable of 40 - 50 plus degree slopes as advertised.

Another thing to note is the revamped battery bay. Its now a much simpler bay, all 8 battery slots are in a straight row so no more digging out the batteries like the Tiger's. Also a bonus, no mods necessary if you're using rechargable batts cos the tabs dont interfere anymore. The downside of the new bay: it's no longer a simple quick spring release catch like the Tiger! You actually need to screw/unscrew the battery bay cover ......time to pack a phillips screwdriver (if you don't already).

Finally, because of the Tiger electronics, it's the first modern series VS to have the machine gun option (YAAAAY!!! ). Hence gun battles become just as fun as with the Tiger's. The controller is the new one as seen packaged with the 2007 Tiger's.

I'll post up some pics if i can; hopefully we might be able to have some testing vs Tiger's this weekend just to see if the IR electronics have changed. And oh, apparently all the current tanks like the M1, Leopard 2 and Tiger's have been repackaged with some updated accesories like turret MG's and extra packs.

And just in case any of you avid VS tankies out there cant wait for a revamped T-72, Toy Attic @ Serene Centre is currently awaiting shipment of a few T-72's; Timemachine are definitely out of stock for now.

That's all folks, hope this has helped answer most of the questions regarding the new VS T-72. Happy tanking!

bingo!, be careful of the smoke canisters, they too can break off, and, make sure you clear the wheels from grass debris tangled when ever you are done playing this baby off road.

planning to convert this tank to T-90 armour

Comment

SIGH!

While fitting a toolbox to accomodate the T-72 & Tiger together, I broke more T-72 bits!

More of my fuel line from the rear drums, plus in my haste to get a grip on the tank i somehow broke off yet another fiddly light on the turret!

Time to dig out ye' olde super glue and brass rod combo

Btw thx for the other bits of advice strelok, we need as much 'aftermarket' tech support since we technically dont get any

Comment

If you can show a video of your T-72 moving and turning that would be nice...
                      Will try, might only be free for tanking next weekend.....but its gonna be a crappy cameraphone tyoe vid since i dun have access to a proper dvcam

Comment

SIGH!

While fitting a toolbox to accomodate the T-72 & Tiger together, I broke more T-72 bits!

More of my fuel line from the rear drums, plus in my haste to get a grip on the tank i somehow broke off yet another fiddly light on the turret!

Btw thx for the other bits of advice strelok, we need as much 'aftermarket' tech support since we technically dont get any
                        No problem, but this tank cant soo turn well on off road terrain, always have to rely on turn 2. and even then, my tracks sometimes come off due to the odd angle of turn, but due to my paranoia of stressing the gears and engine to death, that will be my last time going on "thick" grass, know any place to repair if shit happens by chance?. (better safe then sorry )

Comment

SIGH!

Hmmm...looks like the little parts of the T-72 are really quite fragile...
                          Operational
                          1/24 Vs Tiger I, Vs T-72
                          Blade CX2 (Huey)

Workshop/Reserve

Comment

well, its decided then... I'll keep my vs leopard and skip the t72.
                            On Duty

DJI Phantom 2 with GoPro
                            Dynam Hawker Tempest
                            Alfa F4U Corsair

Comment

Yup indeed they are calvinlo. However aerobird, like i mentioned overall the tank is very nice overall, just that hopefully VS take the hint and use more rubber like materials for the more fiddly bits next time. The track guards for the T-72 are rubber just like the real thing, so it really shouldnt be too hard for them to do.

Comment

Working...
                              X