Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Want to know: HOW TO use ESC without RX (direct control)

Collapse

Zenm Tech Pte Ltd

Collapse

Visit Zenmtech at rc.zenmtech.com

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Want to know: HOW TO use ESC without RX (direct control)

I have an application, a battery-operated handheld power tool, that will use a brushless motor and Lixx battery. (For the sake of concreteness, you can think of the tool under development as a Dremel tool running at 0-5000RPM @ 10 Watt for up to one hour.) I would like to employ one of the readily available ESCs that RCers use, along with batteries and brushless motors. But I will not have the usual Tx/Rx arrangement. Instead, I want the user to select the motor speed with something like a slide potentiometer. Is there an off-the-shelf part I can use for my ESC?
    Thanks for your attention!

Originally posted by Ogawa View Post
    I have an application, a battery-operated handheld power tool, that will use a brushless motor and Lixx battery. (For the sake of concreteness, you can think of the tool under development as a Dremel tool running at 0-5000RPM @ 10 Watt for up to one hour.) I would like to employ one of the readily available ESCs that RCers use, along with batteries and brushless motors. But I will not have the usual Tx/Rx arrangement. Instead, I want the user to select the motor speed with something like a slide potentiometer. Is there an off-the-shelf part I can use for my ESC?
    Could you just add a variable resistor in between the connection from your battery to your esc? That way you can control the current which will control the speed? I'm not sure, just an idea. Hope it helps

Comment

Originally posted by Ogawa View Post
      Get a servo tester. I using this to test my motors, esc or just to drain batts.

Here :

Comment

Got it! Thanks for the tip.

Comment

Working...
        X