Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What is the exact function for the 'O' Ring on our esc and bec?

Collapse

Zenm Tech Pte Ltd

Collapse

Visit Zenmtech at rc.zenmtech.com

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What is the exact function for the 'O' Ring on our esc and bec?

Hi,
    Anyone able to explain what is the purpose of this O ring we often found wrapped around the wires from our esc and bec? Not an electrical or electronics student so need some inputs. I know it is to reduce interferences but to what specifically? Curious as I did once tried removing it during some fitting exercise into the fuseleage due to space constraint but found that it doesn't make any difference if it is around or not. Any care to share?
    Click image for larger version

Name:	Ring.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	74.8 KB
ID:	995543

This ring is called ferrite core. Its purpose is to act as a filter (low-pass) so that the electrical noise from the ESC/Motor (or other devices) will not be passed on to the noise sensitive electronics devices such as FBL and receiver. The noise level of your system depends on your setup and your flying style. It is safer to leave it there, you never know.

Comment

Hi nb8686, thanks for sharing. So these are actually audible electrical noises that are disruptive to other electronic parts I suppose. Funny as I also did not see it on some other esc and bec but guess you are right. Play safe and leave it there. Everything is there for a reason and good to know

Comment

Working...
      X