Collapse

Visit Zenmtech at rc.zenmtech.com

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

where to buy servos

May I ask where to buy cheap servos in sg? looking for servos like hxt900 or something that size (about 9g or smaller).

I often buy from Hobbyking and used to buy from 1 shop in fook hai which cost me about 3 times more than Hobbyking. Hence, would like to know where in sg can I get prices similar or abit higher than Hobbyking price.

thanks for any help

How about jethobby in ubi? lhs are normally more expensive..

Comment

Yes you can also get a better deal if you buy in quantities of 3.

Comment

Try Skyhobbies too
        Too many helis!

Comment

Thanks guys! nobody has any luck in any shops in fook hai though? Else I guess I will have to make a trip down to Sky Hob or Ubi..

Comment

You are wasting your time..
            I love PAP

Comment

to be honest, prices in hk not really that fantastic IMHO.

Long story short: Let's not forget that LHS needs to pay for employees, rental and all that jazz etc hence the higher pricing. also, be prepared to wait which I once did for 3 long months waiting for a pair of 3s2200mah lipos which traveled across the world before finally arriving. And I paid for EMS charges.

Dun get cheap servos lah. Buy cheap, buy twice.
              Heli-ADDICTION:
              Mikado Logos, RaptorG4s, X7F, 600ESP...
              JUST one more Logo...for the month.

Comment

There is also the second option of buying 2nd hand ones from marketplace if you are looking for bargains..

Comment

Originally posted by feudallordcult View Post
                  to be honest, prices in hk not really that fantastic IMHO.

Long story short: Let's not forget that LHS needs to pay for employees, rental and all that jazz etc hence the higher pricing. also, be prepared to wait which I once did for 3 long months waiting for a pair of 3s2200mah lipos which traveled across the world before finally arriving. And I paid for EMS charges.

Dun get cheap servos lah. Buy cheap, buy twice.
                  Thanks bro. I think in terms of quality like airplane kits and electronics, Hobbyking might not be of high enough quality for projects.

However, in terms of small items like servos, servo extension wires etc, LHS IMHO really chop carrot head. Wanted to quote some figures but decided not to as the figures I remembered were purchases about a year back (memory can fail). What I clearly remembered was its about 3 times more expensive. Granted, some might say its of different quality, but in terms of usage and lifetime, my experience on servos(9g) from HK or LHS are about the same.

So, I think that for folks like me, when I can afford the wait, I will rather wait for 15 servos than buy 5 servos in sg at the same price. But when I can't, cause I need it for a project now, I will have to get from sg. As a matter of fact I do buy items mostly from Jet Hobby and sometimes NTC.

Servo extension cables is another blood boiling issue haha. Appreciate if somebody can verify, for example, how much does it cost to purchase one in say, Sing Hobby. Quality wise, they are simply wires no?

Comment

Harr89, since my big boss on leave today, I can spend a little more time typing this.

Thanks bro. I think in terms of quality like airplane kits and electronics, Hobbyking might not be of high enough quality for projects.
                    -Firstly, to give credit where its due, HK does sell decent kits. Some have bought pricey electronics such as high end turnigy servos and YEP escs which are clones of YGE and mount it on their super expensive heli kits. So, HK does hv good stuff. As for airplanes, I cannot comment but I did buy about 6 axn floaters when I was into gliders sometime ago. Quality is ok BUT the stock servos were seriously CRAP.

However, in terms of small items like servos, servo extension wires etc, LHS IMHO really chop carrot head. Wanted to quote some figures but decided not to as the figures I remembered were purchases about a year back (memory can fail). What I clearly remembered was its about 3 times more expensive. Granted, some might say its of different quality, but in terms of usage and lifetime, my experience on servos(9g) from HK or LHS are about the same.
                    -Erm, the ones sold by certain LHS are in fact imported from HK. I know this for a fact but I cannot comment further. As regards to the exponential increment of price, refer to my first post on the rental of shop and all that jazz on doing business. The towkays need to earn a living too.

So, I think that for folks like me, when I can afford the wait, I will rather wait for 15 servos than buy 5 servos in sg at the same price. But when I can't, cause I need it for a project now, I will have to get from sg. As a matter of fact I do buy items mostly from Jet Hobby and sometimes NTC.
                    -If you can afford the time, good. Just wait out. I must concede that NTC carries VERY GOOD stuff esp brands like dubro, sullivan, hobbico and byron fuels. And the fact that Bruce knows his stuff pretty well. I have not visited JH since it shifted to Ubi

Servo extension cables is another blood boiling issue haha. Appreciate if somebody can verify, for example, how much does it cost to purchase one in say, Sing Hobby. Quality wise, they are simply wires no?
                    -If you have already done your homework on pricing and feel that there's no difference in the quality of wire, then walk away and buy direct from HK. As regards to yr statement of wires being wires simply cos I do NOT know. IMHO, if I have to chose between a dubro & a MIC bolt, I'd pay the premium for the former brand anytime. If it's merely a LHS in-house brand, then I'd pass. Similarly I cannot fathom why a nameless hdmi cable is 20 as opposed to a monster cable that can cost so much more? My ps3 graphics still looks great on my 46" lcd.

To many, RC is but a hobby. However, we must concede that some stuff have a higher propensity to fail as opposed to others. When it does fail, what are the consequences? An axn cloudsfly losing signal in mid-flight is very different as compared to a 90size nitro heli. Ultimately we can argue until the cows come home but just be safe.
                    Heli-ADDICTION:
                    Mikado Logos, RaptorG4s, X7F, 600ESP...
                    JUST one more Logo...for the month.

Comment

haha yea bro. It all depends on the situation and usage, a combination of those(plane or heli, time or not, FPV or autonomous) will converge into a final decision to where to buy what.

Have to admit I am abit sore since my very first purchase is from fook hai which cost me a bomb from these small items. After my plane got damaged, I didn't have the money to rebuild it properly till I found HK.

Comment

Working...
                      X