Collapse

Visit Zenmtech at rc.zenmtech.com

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

external batt pack?

i notice that my current nimh batt pack in my dfly only last for 5min if i do hovering. isit possible for me to connect a voltage regulator from a 12v lead acid batt pack and supply current to my dfly via a thin long wire?
    is a current regulator necessary?

It is possible. Some even do that for them to have longer time for learning to hover. If u do so, please remember to put in the NiMH also to maintain the CoG.

As for Voltage Regulator or current Regulator, I would say no need but take note that if your DFly is in stock, u may have a risk of burning the motor especially the tail motor.

Super-Hornet

Comment

sorry but what do you mean by "in stock"

Comment

Oh.. when we mention stock.... it means the standard item that come with your RC Model. Take example.... Stock motor, ESC Mixer and so on.

Most of us already modify our RC model (Be it a aircraft or helicopter) to some extend.

Oh.. if u want to build voltage regulator, U need to find/build a regulator that can supply more than 1Amp (LM7808 or LM7809 can only supply up to 1Amp. U can connect 2 or more in parallel to increase the current but if your Chip getting too hot it will go thermal shutdown)

Super-Hornet

Comment

Re: external batt pack?

Originally posted by plasma
          i notice that my current nimh batt pack in my dfly only last for 5min if i do hovering. isit possible for me to connect a voltage regulator from a 12v lead acid batt pack and supply current to my dfly via a thin long wire?
          is a current regulator necessary?
          you can do this and many have done it before. Look at some of the USA threads. the only things ( comming frm a XRB flier) is thet the cord will pull the heli in different directions and accelerate any crashes if the cord gets caught anywere.

ie if the cord gets caught in forward flight it will cause the bird to go even more forward and fly directly into the ground.... its called the Kite effect in parasailing....

.....and it can be realy bad when you have a person attached to a parachute that you are towing that does this!!!!! ... I know!!!

but back to the topic ..for hovering it should be fine..I wouldnt use it for circuts ..it could get very interesting very fast!

try the XRB some time to get an idea I have one that I can breing along to the funfly this week.

cheers doug

Comment

Working...
          X