Collapse

Visit Zenmtech at rc.zenmtech.com

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Capacity of a motorcycle battery.

i have a motorbike lead acid battery, but it does not stated how many mAh it has. On average, what is the capacity of the motorbike battery?

It ranges.
    huh

Comment

isit definitely at least 30 amps? today i tried using the lead acid batt to charge my 6pack nimh batt. after 2 - 3 charges, the voltage of the lead acid dropped to 8V and charging is discontinued.

Comment

Nope. Most are certainly less than that. It all depends on how much the motorcycle needs.

As for your cell, how much it supply depends on how much you charge it, how well was it maintained etc.
        Last edited by nic; 07-06-2004, 07:26 AM.
        huh

Comment

I bought 1 before it was 10 Ah

Comment

average should be 7ah, but can go up to as high as 15ah for motorcycles. any bigger and it cannot fit into the battery holder of your average bike.

Even the BMW touring bike dun have a big battery i think...The Goldwing might have a larger capacity batt considering the amount of electronic devices on board. :P

Comment

I think there are some small bikes have batteries as low as 5+ Ah...

In short... in ranges.
              huh

Comment

Don't forget that there are 6V and there are 12V series.

Bottom line is that bikes battery normally has higher AmpereHour rating than those Gel Cell type due to its quantity of electrolyte is higher but the disadvantage is that u can spill the Sulfuric Acid (Very corrosive!)

Super-Hornet

Comment

Working...
                X