Collapse

Visit Zenmtech at rc.zenmtech.com

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Review - Castle Creations Thunderbird 36 ESC

Hi guys, below is a reprint of my email regarding the Castle Creations Thunderbird 36 ESC. My experience with it has been rather...bumpy. Firstly the internal software got wiped out and I had to get it to Singapore Hobby to reinstall it, and get my futaba TX setup so that it can work with it.

Secondly, crashes, shocks or extra fast landings set off the motor throttle and the freaky thing is , it recoginizes my 3s lipo as a 4s... But as an ESC - it does it's job well - that is to throttle up and down....it's just freaky when a crash happens and the propellor is spinning like mad, churning up the water in the puddle in the field...

I rate this ESC 3 / 5. I'm a sucker for branding though, so I might buy more CC stuff in future... yeah, I'm nuts that way. Besides, there's tech support.

Hi CC;

I'm reporting some issues with my Thunderbird 36 ESC; I previously mailed concerning my ESC and was serviced by Mr. Joe Ford. It has since been recalibrated by the Singaporean distributor Singapore Hobby Supplies.

When there is a startup tone - it beeps 4 times instead of 3 - (I'm using a 3s1p lipo). How would this affect the flying? I used it today and generally throttle has been satisfactory. Is there any way to fix this? Note that I can get access to a Castle Link.

2nd - when I crash - the throttle starts, and the motor spins - even when the throttle stick has been cut. The motor would not stop spinning even UNLESS I unplug the batteries. Also, this happened many times (I'm flying something fast but indestructible). It couldn't be the receiver as I wrapped it with sponge. So does this mean a shock to the ESC would set the throttle off? Is this likely to happen or could it be a glitch?

Thank you for taking time to answer my questions!
    "Always fly with a responsible attitude. You may think that flying low over other people’s heads is proof of your piloting skill; others know better. The real expert does not need to prove himself in such childish ways..." - the Multiplex Build Manual
Working...
X