Collapse

Visit Zenmtech at rc.zenmtech.com

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Getting TX

Hi guys, I'm a beginner with no flying experience at all. I'm looking out for my first TX and i have narrowed my choice down to eclipse 7 and 9chp.
    I'm not so sure which would be a better price. Those that are using eclipse and 9chp, could u give some mini reviews or something?

I own the Eclipse 7 and so far I have not have problems with it. The eclipse has only 7 channels whereas the 9chp has 9 channels. Both tx will a good choice to bring you from the start with a micro heli all the way to a nitro but the 9CHP will bring you a little further because of its 9 channels and its integration with other components such as the GY401 remote gain and GV1 governor settings. The eclipse will work with the GY401 gyro gain too but because the scale is 0 - 100% whereas the GY401 has gains from -100% to +100%, the numbers don't correspond properly. What you get is when you set the gain on the eclipse to +80%, the actual gain read by the gy401 is 60%. But the bottom line is this problem is purely cosmetic and does affect performance.

Eclipse 7 won't work with the GV1 governor because it needs 8 channels to operate.

9CHP has a graphic display while the eclipse only has numerical display.

The choice of which tx to get is really yours. If you have the budget to get the 9CHP, by all means please do. I don't think anybody in this forum has outgrown his 9CHP yet. If cost is a concern, then eclipse is a good choice. Well built and the software supports airplane, glider and heli mode.
    F5D Stratair Viper Triple Carbon
    F5D Stratair Demon
    F5D Jibe
    Jiri Bachinski Escape Pylon
    Voodoo S400
    Kyosho Phantom 70 Reno racer
    La Racer 56

Comment

is it possible to get only tx and rx as a package for either model?

Comment

hmm I'm not sure about that but if you think you will progress on to a nitro heli in the future, make sure you get the rx along to save you unnecessary costs next time..

In fact, I think the servos that come along with the package would be adequate when learning how to fly.
        F5D Stratair Viper Triple Carbon
        F5D Stratair Demon
        F5D Jibe
        Jiri Bachinski Escape Pylon
        Voodoo S400
        Kyosho Phantom 70 Reno racer
        La Racer 56

Comment

i was thinking of getting a tx and rx first, practice on sim and get a second hand feda later on. hmmm, now not sure of my choices. The 9chp package price is making me hesitate. if i could get tx and rx only, it would be easier to decide

Comment

Normally you can sell the servos back to the shop, but it would be better to keep them as the price they offer would be bad! Another idea would be to swop them for micro servos if you are going the Feda way.

Comment

Well, the Eclipse is about $500++ for the full set..

U can get the 9CHP for TX + TX Module + Tx Charger/Batt for $490++ at SHS..

Then pop down to Champion and get a 6ch Feigao rx for $40..
              $20 for a pair of crystals or if they stock ur TX's crytal, then 1 will do..

THat's how i got mine! heh..

Comment

any using 9chp having problems with the dull gold finishing? Will it tarnish or fade or anything?

Comment

hi arcos, the 9chp will be definatly the one i would choose. it wouldn't be cheap in the long run if you buy anything less than a 9 channel radio and upgrade later. from what i see, the majority of flyers here use the 9c, and the gold finishing doesn't tarnish apparently. but then again, these people do take very good care of their radios. another alternative to the 9c would be JR's 9x. but it does cost slightly more than a 9c.
                  JR 9x
                  Raptor 50 SE
                  Raptor 90 3D
                  Mini-Titan

Superb machine!

Piper Warrior 2 Pa-28-161
                  Lycoming O-320-D3G 160HP

Pilatus PC-21
                  Pratt & Whitney PT6A-64B 1600SHP

Comment

It will be helpful if you get the same Tx as the ones your instructor is using, else they will have problems helping you program it.

9CHP might be a overkill for Feda DF though. But if you have plans to go nitro in the near future, then go for it. If you intend to stay with 4CH helis/planes for a year or two, it might be better getting a cheaper one, and invest the $ in other equipment like a good charger etc.
                    huh

Comment

Go for the 9CHP..

It's DEFINITELY NOT overkill for a FEDA DF.. heehee..

Look at it this way.. once u learn how to hover a FEda..
                      Like me..
                      I'm doing decent hovering.. not perfect but decent..
                      U'll start LUSTING for a CP heli!

CP's are smoother to control, and much easier to fly as i've heard!
                      Already planning to work for my holis and maybe spend the pay on a CP! heehee..

And when that time comes, i'll be glad i got at least a 9CHP..
                      With the 9channels and GRAPHICAL display..
                      U wun regret getting a 9CHP.. ;)

Then again, if u're rich enuff.. go for a 9x, 9z or even 10x..
                      FYI, JR 10x = Touch screen and cost $2k+++ heehee..

As i've heard many pple say on RC boards overseas and also here..
                      "Always get the best TX u can afford at the start" if u dun wan to
                      lose money on the TX if u resale u'll lose some..

Comment

PhiBer...erm...maybe you wanna edit your signature....remove your frequency lah....so easy to kenna sabo...
                        TREX 500 ESP
                        Futaba T12FGH

Comment

hahah.. okay..
                          yeah hor..

But i tink our forum pple all very nice one ma..
                          Maybe those "Heli Haters" from the Gliders club somewhere.. =X

Comment

Working...
                          X