Collapse

Visit Zenmtech at rc.zenmtech.com

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

TowerPro ESC Programming

My heli is coming, getting my plans ready for the mechanical and electronic checks and burn in tests.

Being new, got a few questions to ask regarding ESC programming...

1. What is Brake function?

3. For Heli, should use Soft Cut or Cut?

4. Thinking of setting cut-off voltage to low and buy AirThunder batts...

5. Whats the diff? haha

6. Timing mode?

8. Read somewhere about governor mode controls the throttle RPM, must set from TX or something like that... would be great if someone can explain more?

Thanks thanks!!

Originally posted by FoRGotTeN
    My heli is coming, getting my plans ready for the mechanical and electronic checks and burn in tests.

Being new, got a few questions to ask regarding ESC programming...

1. What is Brake function? Off

3. For Heli, should use Soft Cut or Cut? Soft cut

4. Thinking of setting cut-off voltage to low and buy AirThunder batts... Middle

5. Whats the diff? haha Soft

6. Timing mode? Middle

8. Read somewhere about governor mode controls the throttle RPM, must set from TX or something like that... would be great if someone can explain more? Off

Thanks thanks!!

Answer in bold. Wana know more, visit any ff. Too much to explain. I using two finger typing only.

Comment

ya i wanna go FF lar, i can go a few, Bukit Batok, Bukit Panjang, Bishan and Punggol.

BUT MY HELI NOT EVEN HERE YET!!!! nvm i go google and concentrate on the last 2 options.

Whats your other hand doing under the table? I've heard that looking at the screen while using 1 handed inputs is bad for health.

Comment

Its one finger from each hand, aka praying mantis martial arts.

Comment

i dun understand how governor mode works....

but are you guys disabling it and using TX/idl1/2 to control and hold throttle instead?

Comment

i dun understand how governor mode works....

but are you guys disabling it and using TX/idl1/2 to control and hold throttle instead?
            huh... no no... throttle hold is not for that...

most are using throttle curves, set on the tx

as for the governor, u maybe want to search whether the tower esc is any gd. usually, u will want a good branded esc like quark or cc or jeti or krontronik for governor mode.. otherwise it just wastes batt power.

basically, the governor mode makes sure that ur motor runs a fixed rpm.. meaning u only change the pitch/collective of the blades to inc/decrease lift..
            eg. in gov mode the throttle curve is usually flat.. eg. 60 60 60 60 60

setting up ur esc/motor/tx, u also need to find the low pt and high pt of the motor..

err.. i think i lost u right.. not to worry, u'll get the hang of it as u go along..

btw, better get ur tx early.. u'll need it for practice on sims first
            For sale

trex 700/ 12mm main shaft swash leveller. carbon type $22 only new

Comment

sorry, it isn't from TowerPro, its from HiModel.

haha i dun care the brand so much, since all these parts are made in china actually, sent to another place, repackage and then come back again.

how u tell the ESC u want it at that RPM? or another way, how u go into governor mode.

if idle mode (on TX), set throttle and pitch curve, i can understand, but the stick will move the swashplate up and down with throttle...

i think if possible, i wanna start with fix-ed RPM and focus on rock and roll hover.

Comment

sorry, it isn't from TowerPro, its from HiModel.

haha i dun care the brand so much, since all these parts are made in china actually, sent to another place, repackage and then come back again.

how u tell the ESC u want it at that RPM? or another way, how u go into governor mode.

if idle mode (on TX), set throttle and pitch curve, i can understand, but the stick will move the swashplate up and down with throttle...

i think if possible, i wanna start with fix-ed RPM and focus on rock and roll hover.
                erhmm dont quite get u..

for the headspeed rpm, u need to use a optical tachometer, or get one of those eagle system monitor systems..

without tacho, u can first set ur pitch curve, then push the throttle up. eg if u are planning to hover at mid stick, setup mid stick at 5 deg if hovering at 3/4 stick, setup 5deg pitch at 3/4 stick. low stick -3 deg, max stick 8 deg.

not sure if i am making any sense to u.. think u better wait till u get ur heli and tx first.. then ask.. if in doubt, it is best to visit a FF..

no matter how much u ask now, i dont think u'll fully understand without hands on..
                For sale

Comment

btw if u still dont have any training skids.. grab the ones on marketpl first
                  For sale

Comment

Originally posted by johndyl
                    erhmm dont quite get u..

for the headspeed rpm, u need to use a optical tachometer, or get one of those eagle system monitor systems..

without tacho, u can first set ur pitch curve, then push the throttle up. eg if u are planning to hover at mid stick, setup mid stick at 5 deg if hovering at 3/4 stick, setup 5deg pitch at 3/4 stick. low stick -3 deg, max stick 8 deg.

depends on weight of heli and rpm also, this one is trial and error right? ie, for other people using the same setup as me, its 6 degrees by half throttle in normal mode.

not sure if i am making any sense to u.. think u better wait till u get ur heli and tx first.. then ask.. if in doubt, it is best to visit a FF..

yeah, i can understand, but my previous question was: with governor mode turned on, how do i tell the ESC to start maintaining the RPM, and what RPM to maintain? unless the RPM will be fixed all the way? and how to set the RPM speed that i want on ESC? O_O

no matter how much u ask now, i dont think u'll fully understand without hands on..
                    probably, but i'm trying to sort out as much theoretical question as possible before i start setting up the heli. nobody starts driving a car before understanding how much throttle to give and how much to depress the clutch before changing gears.

yah, i bought the 4 balls already. looks stupid tho. O_O

Comment

found this link: http://www.logoheli.com/faq.htm and http://www.logoheli.com/governormode.htm#Method%202

bottom part describes how to setup governor mode on other brands. LOL more things to tinker with.

in my own words, governor mode = achieving consistant RPM no matter the load, in all flight modes based on the tx throttle % setting.

which means, i dun have to keep adjusting the collective stick that much in normal mode, and dun worry about loss of headspeed in Idle 1/2 modes when giving it extremely high pitch. correct?

Comment

probably, but i'm trying to sort out as much theoretical question as possible before i start setting up the heli. nobody starts driving a car before understanding how much throttle to give and how much to depress the clutch before changing gears.

yah, i bought the 4 balls already. looks stupid tho. O_O
                        u need the training skids for ur first few flights, let me tell u it is a scary exp. with the blades spining so fast, and heli still untrimmed, it can drift v fast even while on the ground.

as for ur governor question, think i mentioned b4 that ur throttle curve should be flat.. eg. pt 1-0%,50% for all other pts(arbitary fig.). 50% being the headspeed u want being measured by the tacho/onboard device. if 50% not enough inc for all pts except first.. too much, dec.(this is for normal mode)

read this.. setup for cc35 for non-gov, then gov

btw i took private driving lessons and i pretty much went hands on without so called "theory" of clutch and oil paddles.. instructor asked me to feel the biting pt and that was it..

read this for some definition on the settings.. this is for cc35..
                        For sale

Comment

found this link: http://www.logoheli.com/faq.htm and http://www.logoheli.com/governormode.htm#Method%202

bottom part describes how to setup governor mode on other brands. LOL more things to tinker with.

in my own words, governor mode = achieving consistant RPM no matter the load, in all flight modes based on the tx throttle % setting.

which means, i dun have to keep adjusting the collective stick that much in normal mode, and dun worry about loss of headspeed in Idle 1/2 modes when giving it extremely high pitch. correct?
                          u are more or less there..
                          For sale

Comment

LOL

Comment

Working...
                            X