Visit Zenmtech at rc.zenmtech.com

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Adrianli
    replied
    I felt then wind this afternoon!!! Its blowing the right direction today!!!

Leave a comment:

• windgod
    replied
    i am taking a holiday now..... wait till i come back

Leave a comment:

• Adrianli
    replied
    Where is the wind??? I dont feel the wind from my house door.

Have you guys already started flying???

Leave a comment:

• msc
    replied
    My first flight on the slope this season

There was no rain today. I monitored the wind condition and direction, found that it was suitable.
    SMS Pang, and he said the wind was light. I went home after work and brought out my Bug for a try.

Reached the slope at 6.10pm, Pang and his new friend that I think got poisoned with glider and slope magic, was there.
    I quickly connect the battery and did a quick range check, and threw the Bug into the very light wind. I had a few good flights. The wind was not very constant and there were some pockets at the right end of the slope that sucked the glider down.
    Anyway, I flew near the top of the slope and was able to remain airborne.
    Pang and poisoned boy went back shortly, and I continued. The wind pickup immediately after he left, but it was also getting dark fast!

I flew alone till about 7.05, when I had problem looking out for my small Bug in the air. I noticed that when the sun goes down, the wind seemed to be more constant and steady.....need to think about putting LEDs into my gliders.

This was my first flight this season, I think the wind will pick up in the weeks ahead, IF, IF,..... there is no rain!

Start charging all your batteries slope fans!

MS

Leave a comment:

• troyjbon
    replied
    Photos

U guys should post some photos of your flying sessionS. Would be beautiful to see those gliders in action. I just love them.

Leave a comment:

• msc
    replied
    Tomorrow is a non-working day, how's the rain clouds looking?

Leave a comment:

• Vortices
    replied
    Wind 030/3 vrb 360-040 gusting 5 kts. Rain cloud east north east.

Leave a comment:

• randomtask
    replied
    Had the first flight of the season yesterday with the Xpro. Wind was direct and the cool weather made the small thermals more pronounced. Sustained flight was not a problem. Season should be here soon enough. Today's wind seems a bit funny. Eventhough the sun is out. Maybe a good day for histart.

Leave a comment:

• msc
    replied
    Originally posted by Vortices View Post
    Hello Everybody,

After much anticipation and some delay, the wind has finally started blowing form the north east. Upper level wind are close to 40 kts and the wind, for the first time this season, has finally started consistantly blowing thru my north east facing window. 2-3kt gusting 5 kts this morning.

Time to transfer all the receiver into the GLass wInd riDER and balance up the CG! The DLG squadron should do some forward recon.

See you at the slope soon.

Best regards
    Kevin

I had readied my Bug for some light wind sloping last weekend, and had to turn back due to the rain

Leave a comment:

• vinc77
    replied
    finally t wind is here ! Bro Kevin need ur help to guide me again.......hehehe. No chance up to slope last session. tis time must b there everyday(if got time).....hehe.

Leave a comment:

• Vortices
    replied
    Hello Everybody,

After much anticipation and some delay, the wind has finally started blowing form the north east. Upper level wind are close to 40 kts and the wind, for the first time this season, has finally started consistantly blowing thru my north east facing window. 2-3kt gusting 5 kts this morning.

Time to transfer all the receiver into the GLass wInd riDER and balance up the CG! The DLG squadron should do some forward recon.

See you at the slope soon.

Best regards
    Kevin

Leave a comment:

• Ghostfit
    replied
    Originally posted by VinCopter View Post
    I think he mind to fly with the kite -> like parasailing
    ...yup ! ...almost did that with my 3.5m parafoil kite wrapped around my neck !!!

Originally posted by Ghostfit View Post
    I almost threw myself off the balcony !!! ....but was held back by my kids.

Leave a comment:

• msc
    replied
    This is an indication that the season is not ending yet!!
    More good windy days to come.....

Last weekend has got to count as one of my greatest regrets in life !!!

Thought the NE is ended, No flying kakis plus no Mimi around, so did not bring any planes up to Sedili.

The wind was a force 4 and direct head-on ! ...the kind of conditions where you'll fly with FULL ballast so you dun get blown backwards !!!

I almost threw myself off the balcony !!! ....but was held back by my kids.

Leave a comment:

• VinCopter
    replied
    Cannot lah ! ...in front, No space ...too many trees ...behind at the field, the wind too gusty !

Can only stand at the balcony, drooling like an idiot !!!
    I think he mind to fly with the kite -> like parasailing

Leave a comment:

• Ghostfit
    replied
    Originally posted by randomtask View Post
    LOL!!!

Should have brought your kite and gone for a flight.

Cheers,
    Adnan
    Cannot lah ! ...in front, No space ...too many trees ...behind at the field, the wind too gusty !

Can only stand at the balcony, drooling like an idiot !!!

Leave a comment:

Working...
X