X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by chiadennis
    If you want I can always sell you mine?
    NINP = New In News Paper.
    Let me think about it bro! 1. my wife threaten to burn the house together wif all my planes, 2. I abit lazy to build.
    To see how your plane crash? Let me fly! ;D If its doesn't crash!.....Its not a plane !
    So precision landing is not always required

Comment

Should really start to share out a warehouse...so many guys having problems with storage...me included. if it comes to 15 sgd a month to store all your unuse and new kits..what do you think..?

Anyway...yesterday was terrible...wind was skewed by about 30 degrees, cold air.

I have to say I did everything yesterday that shouldnt be done..very negative demostration. It wasnt a good day for scale gliders..there were seven if I didnt miss count..all were not doing too well. However, there were 3 DG-1000, that was good. Some of the senior flyers were saying they are glad to see the quality of planes in BR has improved.

Interesting day though..plenty of people, plenty of wind reasonable flying by none-scale ships and plenty of mid-air...thankfully no significant damage.

Anyway got so frustrated yesterday with my dg1000, came home and put it on my jig. Found out that my last tail repair has increase the elevator angle by 2 degree..as a result I was flying with very high tail incident(elevator up). As I was reluctant to fly with elevator below neutral...The aircraft was actually trimmed for low speed flight.

Remedy. Actually cut the tail a little to reposition it. Repaired now waiting for sanding and painting. Also building a cradle just at the cg position for weight ballasting, for those windy none lifting days. Will be testing it tomorrow at about 3pm. Cg no readjusted to 25cm from leading edge. And tail incident 0-0 to main plane.

Will post results.

Cheers,

also. thanks to all the guys who help me launch my plane yesterday. Did a total of 13 launches yesterday, hard landing once, landed long twice, landed short 3 times. crash twice...luckily minimum damage. rest landed satisfactorily.

Comment

Wind condition still good?

Can we still fly in Bedok? or the wind has gone?

Comment

Originally posted by Leo
          Can we still fly in Bedok? or the wind has gone?
          dead and gone...

Comment

I was there this evening, light wind......but still manage to fly the Nano glider.
            Francis was flying his wing.

MS

Comment

Gentlemen..yesterday was an excellent flying day. For some reason the wind was 040 10 gusting 15 kts. One of the best day, at this time of the season its really strange however we are not complaining. A little surprise to see such a big turn out...

Well good news, the wind seems to be blowing too. As of now (10 am) its about 040 7kts. Happy soaring!

Cheers

Comment

Gentlemen and the illusive ladies...

It July, meaning there are only 3-4 months before the gliders seasons starts. All those projects that have been push aside to make way for powered planes, it is time they go to the back burner.

Its time for Gliders!!!

As for me this year I will be trying to maiden 2 FOXes. One 1/7.5 scale and one mini FOX about 1/14 scale. Both require the wings to be built up form balsa and oracover. the fuselages are fiberglass.

Will start the thread right after the B-25 is completed.

To the specific glider junky, how is the 3m ASK 21 coming along?

cheers

Comment

Totally untouched?

Thanx!
                  SLOPE SOARING NOT A CRIME

The irresistible desire, for the irresistibly desired

Multiplex Royal Evo 12 user, and Proud of it.

Comment

Wind monitoring at Bedok Reservoir

Built a set of wing for my spare Filip fuselage. Though is EP will use it as glider when the season is here. Now in progress of covering the new wing for my Zipper which crashed 2 years back. Should be able to complete covering tomorrow. Will post some pictures when done.

Comment

Ladies (however illusive) and gentlemen...

I believe this year season for glider might be starting sooner than later
                      The wind has been north westerly for extended period of time on a few days this pass week including today. After checking the weather bureau, there isnt any thuder storm or typhoon around the immediate region. So it is genuien north westerly wind. Time to get the gliders out!!

Comment

Hi Kevin

You want to make me kan cheong? You go up the slope and let me know? if good we go eat snake together. how on????

Comment

Time for me to fix up my NIB Ptero 1500 T-tail together, it's been sitting in my store room for too long.

Comment

With the weather getting crazier and crazier, that is a chance it just might start earlier. We were sloping right up til April last season, so anything can happen. lol.

Can feel that its fairly windy past few days.Yes time to start the repairs, fixing up n start monitoring windguru.
                            what's next?

Comment

Hey Kevin,

This year Pang and me will go bananas......
                              Cannot wait.

Comment

Originally posted by chiadennis
                                Hey Kevin,

This year Pang and me will go bananas......
                                Cannot wait.
                                Yes yes.... bananas. Thanks for reminding us sir

Time to do up my DG1k.

Comment

Working...
                                X