• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oh goody!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Comment

Wind is Blowing!

Gentlemen,

Wind is blowing today, Seem the direction and strength is good enough for light gliders. I think this may mark the arrival of 2011 glider season.

Motors are for tractors and propellers are for boats!
      Time to fly gliders!

Kevin

Comment

Yeay!!
        [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Comment

Hello, wind 010/3 gusting 5. Constant for the past 24 hrs or so. I think can hit the slope.

Comment

Season shld be early this year, its getting cold here.

kevin, suggest you wait another month or so and let the wind stablise more first, else alot of waiting. Can try the pierce slope if the wind is easterly. Now is a good time to start on those NIB kits!
            www.facebook.com/groups/BRslopers
            www.facebook.com/groups/SG.Fr3aK.League

Comment

Originally posted by Pang View Post
              Now is a good time to start on those NIB kits!
              Thanks for the reminder !
              Seriously running out of ...Storage space !

Comment

Now is a good time to start on those NIB kits!
                Thks for the reminder too. Have not started my kit since I got it!!!

Comment

wind 360/5 gusting 7 knots. Definitely flying day today! too bad busy today.

Comment

Season shld be early this year, its getting cold here.

kevin, suggest you wait another month or so and let the wind stablise more first, else alot of waiting. Can try the pierce slope if the wind is easterly. Now is a good time to start on those NIB kits!
                    Aye? Pierce reservoir?
                    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Comment

Has anyone actually started sloping at Bedok yet? If yes, please share your experience and observation of the wind conditions.

Thanks.

MS

Comment

My first flight on the slope this season....

The weather report says that there will be island wide thunderstorm today. There had been out pour of sudden storm in the past few days.
                        After a late lunch, I noticed that there were still no sign of rain. I checked the Met Station report and wind was around 6ktns at 040 to 050.

I decided to take a chance and went down to BR at about 5.15pm with my good ole Ptero-1.5m.

The wind was very light, but I managed a few rounds of 5 to 10 mins flights. It was too much to the right side, and I had to keep the glider above the tree top on the very right edge of the slope.
                        When there were slightly heavier gusts, the glider was lifted up during the left turn on the right side of the slope.

Glad to know that the 2011 slope season is finally here!

Glider kakis, the coming weeks will only be better......!!

MS

Comment

Hooray!!!!

Comment

arrrr so the glider season is starting... and i'm still stuck at Jandakot

How are you doing Kevin? Any new project coming this year?

Multiplex Parkmaster 3D
                            Tarot 450SE V2

Comment

I felt it too but I think it's a little premature but good you manage to fly.

BTW, How the construction area around the slope? Parking OK?

Originally posted by msc View Post
                              The weather report says that there will be island wide thunderstorm today. There had been out pour of sudden storm in the past few days.
                              After a late lunch, I noticed that there were still no sign of rain. I checked the Met Station report and wind was around 6ktns at 040 to 050.

I decided to take a chance and went down to BR at about 5.15pm with my good ole Ptero-1.5m.

The wind was very light, but I managed a few rounds of 5 to 10 mins flights. It was too much to the right side, and I had to keep the glider above the tree top on the very right edge of the slope.
                              When there were slightly heavier gusts, the glider was lifted up during the left turn on the right side of the slope.

Glad to know that the 2011 slope season is finally here!

Glider kakis, the coming weeks will only be better......!!

MS

Comment

Originally posted by chiadennis View Post
                                I felt it too but I think it's a little premature but good you manage to fly.

BTW, How the construction area around the slope? Parking OK?

Free Parking on Sunday!
                                It was a bit congested, and I had to park on non-designated lot. The first person who greeted my when I got out of the car is Mr. Ryan. He was from Knight Frank, trying to get me interested in the private residential development next to the carpark.
                                I bet anyone visiting BR in the coming days/weeks will be greeted by the folks from KF.

I was trying to save as much daylight for myself, so, I did not spend too much time with Ryan. I finished my flights around 6.40pm and went back to my car, and another gentleman from KF was there. I spent about 10mins asking him questions on the condo+semi detached houses in the new development.
                                Anyone with spare cash? I need to borrow some.........trading in all my RC stuffs and planes.

Comment

Working...
                                X