Collapse

Visit Zenmtech at rc.zenmtech.com

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Vortices View Post
    Wind 020/11 kts gusting 13. Pass 3 hr constant 8 to 10 kts.
    I just specked out my kopi

Comment

Is this the end of season 2009/2010?

Hi Guys,
      Is this the end of the season already? It rained last weekend, and Wind guru is not giving accurate readings??

Can I pack up my gliders yet?

Comment

I have packed up mine last weekend.

Comment

Heyhey....Our friend Pang was still happily soaring at the slope just now.

Comment

yap, had an hour of air time today. Cant depend on windguru now, keeps changing every other hour. I use the wind chart http://www.weather.gov.sg/wip/c/port..._id=PUB.1023.8.

had to trim out the alliaj hm, better do it here than phuket or hongkong so took the chance and went down. wind only picked up ard 5, before that was zero. was still quite consistent when i left.

last year i think we flew till the 2nd week of April. not sure if this year still can. it had been one of the better season this one, see you guys in 6 months time up at the slope!
            what's next?

Comment

Dun know about you guys, but I'm heading up to Sedili with the whole family tomorrow !

Join me if you can

Cheers !
              Seriously running out of ...Storage space !

Comment

Ha, Ha, I have not packed yet. Will check the conditions this weekend at BR.

Comment

I use this:

Its updated every half hour and show good trend. From observation BR is aways 2 to 3 kts higher than changi and the direction is the same.

Comment

Last weekend has got to count as one of my greatest regrets in life !!!

Thought the NE is ended, No flying kakis plus no Mimi around, so did not bring any planes up to Sedili.

The wind was a force 4 and direct head-on ! ...the kind of conditions where you'll fly with FULL ballast so you dun get blown backwards !!!

I almost threw myself off the balcony !!! ....but was held back by my kids.

Comment

LOL!!!

Should have brought your kite and gone for a flight.

Cheers,
                      Adnan
                      Take what you've got and fly with it - Jim Henson
                      ... no plane will allow a pilot to recover from stupid. You still have to do those piloty things... - Joe Wurts
                      Electric things run on smoke. Let the smoke out and they won't work.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by randomtask View Post
                        LOL!!!

Should have brought your kite and gone for a flight.

Cheers,
                        Adnan
                        Cannot lah ! ...in front, No space ...too many trees ...behind at the field, the wind too gusty !

Can only stand at the balcony, drooling like an idiot !!!

Comment

Originally posted by Ghostfit View Post
                          Cannot lah ! ...in front, No space ...too many trees ...behind at the field, the wind too gusty !

Can only stand at the balcony, drooling like an idiot !!!
                          I think he mind to fly with the kite -> like parasailing
                          Share the joy of flying . . .

Comment

This is an indication that the season is not ending yet!!
                            More good windy days to come.....

Last weekend has got to count as one of my greatest regrets in life !!!

Thought the NE is ended, No flying kakis plus no Mimi around, so did not bring any planes up to Sedili.

The wind was a force 4 and direct head-on ! ...the kind of conditions where you'll fly with FULL ballast so you dun get blown backwards !!!

Comment

Originally posted by VinCopter View Post
                              I think he mind to fly with the kite -> like parasailing
                              ...yup ! ...almost did that with my 3.5m parafoil kite wrapped around my neck !!!

Comment

Hello Everybody,

After much anticipation and some delay, the wind has finally started blowing form the north east. Upper level wind are close to 40 kts and the wind, for the first time this season, has finally started consistantly blowing thru my north east facing window. 2-3kt gusting 5 kts this morning.

Time to transfer all the receiver into the GLass wInd riDER and balance up the CG! The DLG squadron should do some forward recon.

See you at the slope soon.

Best regards
                                Kevin

Comment

Working...
                                X